• PopnPour, tasted over 2 hrs
    -nearly semi-translucent med red, minimal clearing at edge
    -expressive pretty perfumed ripe red cherry and a touch of spice and vanilla
    -med- acidity, light/med- weight decent mid-palate concentration straight-forwared ripe cherry faint cola, hints of vanilla oak on finish with med/med- tannins
    -aromatically this is quite excellent and while the palate is certainly pleasant it is surprisingly low in acidity for the vintage and doesn't really evoke Gevrey, particularly Corbeaux

• Lovely red fruit spicy nose, deep, intense. Taste similar to nose, great to drink, smooth. The only negative thing about this wine that I can think of is that the palate is a bit thin on the end, however the complexity of flavours really makes up for this.

• I've been working out my Maison Ilan concerns with this wine and I can't say that I know what is going on, though I am encouraged. All I can say is that the first couple bottles I opened were very difficult and later bottles have been very good. I'm not sure if this is a travel issue or what. Either way, these last bottles have been genuinely good and feel like a wine that could age well. Probably will be saving the rest of my MI wines for (much) later, but I'm glad I had the chance to work things through with this wine.

• Clearly Brett this time. Some good fruit and structure underneath, but you need a pretty high tolerance for Brett to enjoy it.

• Don't know enough to categorize the fault (more of a chemical note than TCA or Brett), but obviously flawed.