1. asparagus

2. dkelly1110

dkelly1110

3. R.H.

R.H.

• A day 2 glass from a vertical Stella tasting I hosted yesterday. This was the last wine in our first flight, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it showed yesterday. This is lighter, with more pronounced acidity than the glass of the 2007 I just tried. More red fruits than black on the palate. Yesterday, the 2007 and 2008 were pretty close in terms of drinking pleasure, but today I think I am enjoying this wine a little more.

• 08/11. More elegance here vs. 11 and also more purity at this stage. Fully approachable though it seems like it has the stuffing to hold for a decade+

• Sangiovese study (Chicago, IL): My first bottle of Stella that wasn't messed up! A beautiful red-fruited nose, focussing on sweet cherry notes. A bit lighter (but not as volatile) than the 2011 alongside, with a fairly chewy, tannic structure. I did very much like the crystalline purity of the fruit, but I think that in contrast to the Pergole Tortes, this felt a little more angular and less put together. A much less convincing wine once the price and scarcity is factored in.

• This isn’t bad by any means, but judging from my previous notes, I have liked it better in the past. The nose displays some pruny, overripe fruit that I don’t recall from prior bottles. Better on the palate today, where it’s expansive and the acidity keeps the fruit lively, but all in, not the best bottle I’ve had of this particular wine.

• Red fruited, elegant and seamless but it took a couple of hours to get going. Did not provide the immediacy of pleasure that the 2011 Beatrice did but for my money, this was the WoTN

• By Antonio Galloni
    2009 Brunello di Montalcino: The Day of Reckoning (May 2014), (See more on Vinous...)

(Stella Di Campalto Brunello Di Montalcino) Login and sign up and see review text.

JancisRobinson.com

• By Antonio Galloni
    2008 Brunello di Montalcino: A Consumer's Vintage (Sep 2013), (See more on Vinous...)

WineAlign

• By John Szabo, MS
    7/7/2013, (See more on WineAlign...)

(Stella Di Campalto Brunello Di Montalcino, Brunello Di Montalcino red) Login and sign up and see review text.

• By Ian D'Agata
    July/August 2013, IWC Issue #169, (See more on Vinous...)

(Stella di Campalto Brunello di Montalcino) Login and sign up and see review text.

JancisRobinson.com

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and JancisRobinson.com and WineAlign.