1. Neecies

2. studleytrey

studleytrey

3. Mjurgaitis

Mjurgaitis

• Cork, 12.5% alc. Dull red with dark salmon at rim.

Aromatically reticent, with blueberry, strawberry, earthy spices, peach.

The palate is water-thin, dry and tannic, and without much flavour; like sour strawberry-flavoured water. Opened up and gained more presence after a couple of days, adding cinnamon, sweet tobacco, and menthol to the flavour profile.

Opinion: Still not wowing. I fail to get excited by Booj, no matter how good they’re meant to be. Hold and hope for upside.

• IlonaN said it well, we have a great plateau achieved at 10 years of age. Red fruits of strawberry and raspberry, with hints of smoke and wet rocks. There's still a bit of tannin creeping in, so between that and the med+ acid, this wine isn't dying anytime soon - but we're right on the cusp with the fruit hanging on, so I wouldn't hold too much longer. Others suggested citrus which I can see on the finish too, the acidity definitely leads you there - I'd suggest this with food with that great acidity.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• Finally this wine has reached a lovely drinking plateau, showing ripe strawberry and cherry notes, a hint of smoke and some saline minerality. Very nice, great with Thanksgiving Turkey dinner.

• Taupe- color. Sweet and savory at the same time, very 'together' and attractive with a bit of that geranium leaf note that I love in Beaujolais.

• I've consumed 8 bottles of this, and nary a note?!? Tsk, tsk. I think maybe I got these for a party a few years ago. Anyway, last bottle here and showing medium (+) ruby color with some transparency. Very long legs, which is not something I tend to look for or note, but it's quite noticeable here. Aromas of black cherry, plum, smoke, cedar, leather, and tobacco. Medium (+) body, acid, and finish, with flavors of cherry, black cherry, red plum, cinnamon, red hot candy, orange peel, lemon, and minerals. I'm enjoying it. If I had any more, I'd probably drink in the next year or so. 89-90

View From the Cellar

NOTE: Some content is property of View From the Cellar.