1. elkcims

2. Steve Bird

Steve Bird

3. mtolerico

mtolerico

• Decanted 1 hour initially. Great nose, body is medium/full. The wine has angular texture with medium acidity and a relatively short finish.
    Slow-ox another 2 hours, slightly better - less of an BBQ angular taste. Recorked overnight - next day was 1-2 points better with more softness up front and a longer finish. If I had another I would decant this 4-8 hours right now or wait another 2-3 years.

• One of the better 2011 Napa Cabs you will find, cherry, massive cassis, cinnamon, some greeness so I'm thinking there may have been some green berries thrown in with the terrible vintage. Great extraction and balance, really nice wine.

• 3 hour decant and then to restaurant. Big bright purple wine with primarily dark fruits and blackberry on the nose. More balanced than I expected for Bevan but maybe that's the vintage. I didn't get the green or odd angles...big ripe yummy cab and maybe b/c of 2011 the octane was more in my comfort zone. I can't defend the prices and probably done for that reason, but tasty for sure

• Six months ago I called this wine "thin" and my wife and I left the bottle unfinished. Tonight it is spectacular and I am sure we will squeeze the bottle to wring out the last drop. No decant and over 2.5 hours the wine has been changing from one minute to the next. Rich and medium full bodied, with vibrant fruit, cedar, smoke, a little chocolate and a little green pepper. Good length on the finish, with tannins that built through the first hour and then began to subside. A real treat, especially to experience almost a kaleidoscope effect of changing tastes.

• Popped 'n Poured. Some bitter edges. Nice wine for half the price, but not at this price. I prefer my O'Shaughnessy, Shafer and Ridge wines more.

• By Antonio Galloni
    2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon: Terroir Matters - Updated (Nov 2013), (See more on Vinous...)

(Bevan Cellars Red Wine Ee Oakville) Login and sign up and see review text.