• A wine that is much improved, I would recommend it to anyone who has It laying on the rack, really in a nice place right now. Earthy elements, nice acidity and lovely ripe dark fruit.

• CSIMM1161, you called it on this one and I couldn't add another word to the way you sumed it up with one exception. It's approximately a year down the road since you last tasted it and it is showing a little better at this stage of maturation. I too prefer the darker blue black fruit profile. I would give it 91.5 points at this stage and it was a pop and pour.

• Definitely a young Cabernet, with vibrant fruit all wrapped up in a tightly-knit ball of verve and energy. Notes of red and black currant, red licorice, red and black cherry, pomegranate, and cedar. Finishes with dusty tannins. The 2013 is surprisingly approachable, but it is kicking out a bevy of extremely high-toned red fruit at the moment. I didn't get any of the darker fruits, nor the earth and forest floor nuances that I have previously experienced from this vineyard site.

This tasting was from a Coravin, so the amount of air this wine had was limited. However, it did not budge in the glass after about 30 minutes, even with quite a bit of swirling. The fruit is undoubtedly there, but I'm hoping the 2013 G3 (which I did not taste) ends up being a deeper, richer version.

When compared to the Myriad 2013 GIII, for example, the standard 2013 12C is certainly a red fruit Cabernet at present, whereas the Myriad touts an earthier and blacker profile (the latter being more my personal preference).

I would hold the 12C for at least a year, maybe well into the first half of 2017, in hopes that it fattens up a bit more and drops the higher-pitched red fruit blast that it currently flaunts. A complete and well constructed Cabernet, especially for the price-point (though the price went up a tick for this vintage), but I'm struggling at this stage to fully evaluate this wine due to its infancy. I'm not rushing out just yet to get more of this wine (I'd be more apt to gamble on the G3 at this point). I hope to be trying the G3 shortly and will see if that is a "bigger" wine (more my style). 91+ for now on the standard 2013 12C Cabernet.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)