1. #1Winelover

2. BrixandCru

3. Cristal2000

• Decanted 2 hours and consumed over 3 hours. Notes of Blueberries covered in vanilla, a touch of smoke and graphite. In the mouth surprisingly smooth, very silky entry. I can sense the wall of tannins behind the abundant fruit but is very well concealed to create a wonderfully long finish. Great wine! Fun hedonistic drink for now if you appreciate that style, should improve and integrate with time.

• Decanted for two hours then consumed over the next three. This is my first Myriad Cab, and my lack of history will most likely effect my present thoughts. I enjoyed the silky delivery and the flavors which were impressive upon entry to mid-palate but ended with just a small echo at the finish. Unfortunately, the wine never grabbed me. It seemed to me to be sleepwalking across the palate. I wanted personality, a life of the party, but the glass gave me a slinky Stepford wife. A pretty wife, for sure, but lacking in spark or soul. My sense is that it is missing the feel of structure, especially an acid nip at the finish. Perhaps it is a stylistic thing with me, but hopefully more time in the bottle will alter my opinion.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (6)

• Get together with some friends: 2014 Rivers Marie Lore cab, 2013 Envy Reserve cab, 2007 Taplin Cellars cab, 2013 Raymond Generations cab, 2014 Scarlett cab, 2013 Myriad Dr Crane cab, 2014 Janzen Cloudy's cab, and 2014 Myriad Beckstoffer Georges cab.

Dark blue fruit with a touch of red - primarily blueberry with a little dark raspberry. Smooth mid-palate coupled with solid depth and nice flavors of wild berries. Fairly long finish. Decanted for one hour and drank over another two. Improved quite a bit with time. Took around 2 hours to open-up. Enjoyable now after a decent decant but ideally this vintage needs another 6 to 12 months in my opinion for the fruit to soften and open-up some more - as also recommended by the winemaker.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (6)

• It took 2 days for this wine to begin singing On the 1st day, similar notes from my last tasting. It was tight and the color seemed cloudy red/purple. In the wide-bodied decanter it went, lots of swirls and it turned a beautiful purple color and smelled just great. But when I tasted it, it still needed more time. Too tight and tannic. While I was waiting for this, I opened up another St. Helena wine that was a PnP (Roberts + Rogers). I waited and waited and waited and finally poured it back into the bottle to drink on Day 2.

On Day 2, the wine was almost ready from bottle but I decanted it to let it open up as much as possible. This was much better and a joy to drink. The sweetness was gone. The cloudy color was gone. It had a nice purple color, smelled great, had all of the signature Dr. Crane notes that included dark fruits and mineral/graphite nuances. I hope to wait to have another bottle because unlike what Parker wrote -- but like the CT community reviews, this just needs more time. A solid, well constructed wine that will only get better with time.

• Opened on Friday at 3pm, took a sip and decanted immediately. Waited until happy hour, tried again and still not ready, so I moved on. I did try this yet again and it still wasn't ready so I poured it back in the bottle and waited for day 2. On day 2, the Dr C was much better. This is not my style of wine though as it's too sweet and extracted IMHO. The color was nice with a light purple hue. There were red fruits and a backbone.

I know that my CT friends love this wine and that it fine. Some will love this; some will like it and some will not. That's why there is chocolate and vanilla.

• By Antonio Galloni
    Napa Valley Trilogy: 2014, 2015 & 2016-Part1 (Dec 2016), 12/1/2016, (See more on Vinous...)

(Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Napa Valley) Subscribe to see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of and Vinous.