1. One Percenter

One Percenter

2. nborris

3. Encinitas_Joe

• Rich and full bodied wine. Nice finish. This is a crowd pleaser.

• Extremely high quality. Well balanced for what is a very opulent cab. This comes off on pop&pour as a bit sweet and plummy but with a clear underlying depth and a richness that suggests a lot of underlying stuffing. I think I am tasting all baby fat right now, which I react to quite negatively from my AFWE chair. My guess is that I will like this a lot in a decade and I will hold the rest that I have.

• Pop and poured into a decanter, then immediately enjoyed.
    Dark purple color.
    Big nose of chocolate, some red clay and dark fruits.
    Offers up some dark cherries, ripe plums, and an inviting mint element on the finish along with some dusty notes (soft tannins) on the back end. Nice balance of acidity and fruit.

• Decided to provide an additional note after revisiting this wine on day three since it changed quite a bit for the better. A little darker black/blue fruit profile, nice depth/concentration, really really smooth - seamless transition from beginning to end, nice purity, full flavors of dark berries and a little spice, fairly long finish. In addition, the fairly rich/sweet plum profile on day one did subside. In consideration of how well it was showing on day three, I'm inclined to lay this vintage down for at least another year but likely even longer. Really impressive.

• I was thinking about revisiting the 2015 vintage after recently enjoying the 2015 Becklyn cab since I believe a lot of the character from that wine comes from the Three Twins fruit. However, I decided to let the 2015 vintage lay down a little longer as recommended by the winemaker and revisit the 2014 vintage instead. Purple fruit - blackberry, dark currants, dark cherry, and plum. Smooth mid-palate coupled with solid depth and purity of fruit. Nice flavors of dark berries, a little spice, and plum. Fairly long finish. Decanted for two hours and it was drinking quite well after the decant. In all, a nice wine and I more than understand the mid-90 ratings from others as well as Parker's 95 rating, however, there's a fairly rich/sweet plum presence that lingers from beginning to end that just isn't my thing. Frankly I had one glass and decided to put the bottle away for day two hoping that the pluminess dissipates some.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• By Antonio Galloni
    Napa Valley Trilogy: 2014, 2015 & 2016-Part1 (Dec 2016), 12/1/2016, (See more on Vinous...)

(Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Three Twins Napa Valley) Subscribe to see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of and Vinous.