1. wicho

2. Jackbnielsen

Jackbnielsen

3. markcic

markcic

• Not quite as good as the bottle I had last year but it did not have the benefit of being decanted. I did slow ox it for an hour. The nose was dried flowers and dark red fruit. The plate was red plums, leather and tobacco. I don't think our food selection helped as since it was my wife's birthday Tuesday I told her for the rest of the week she could decide what to have for dinner and I wouldn't question it. So last night she wanted pizza. I have not had a slice of pizza in three years and honestly would not have opened this had I known but it was what it was. I have more in the cellar and like all the 2010's they have lots of life ahead of them.

• A bottle that has everything. But in my opinion it won’t come together. Freshness is already gone while the flavours are still behind a grippy pallet.
    Alcoholic aftertaste.

• A fellow tracker said that this wine "was open for business" so I took a bottle out decanted it and let it sit for an hour. I concur, it is young but definitely ready to go. Fruit and dried flowers on the nose. The palate was berries, red cherry, red plums, hints of tobacco and touch of sage on the finish which was relatively long. A really good bottle of wine and most important my wife really like it. I have 5 more which will wait on for a year or so to see how they develop.

• This is open for business, no need for a long decant. Subdued nose, ripe fruit, floral note of violets/black rose, hints of wood and dark fruits. Still youthful, compact fruit profile, medium weight with balancing acidity. Fruits are blue/dark red, Clean, blueberry, black cherry and red apple skins. Black soil and tar. Not exactly what I would think as a Reserva in the 2010 vintage. There is an elevated level of tannin which I dont think will outlive the fruit. At 15.5 alc it packs a punch and shows a touch hot. Held up very well over two days. Purchased upon release, stored accordingly, enjoyed 60-70 degrees with veal and sage. Drink over the next 7 years...Na zdrowie

• Definitely liked this light brunello. Definitely a recent favorite

• By Antonio Galloni
    2011 Brunello di Montalcino: Terroir Matters (Feb 2016), 2/1/2016, (See more on Vinous...)

(Capanna Brunello Di Montalcino Riserva) Login and sign up and see review text.

JancisRobinson.com

The World of Fine Wine

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and JancisRobinson.com and The World of Fine Wine.