• I'm working in Sri Lanka until October. Separated from my collection and the breath of retail selection at home, I'm feeling pretty wine-deprived. So I wandered into a recommended wine shop in Colombo and picked up this Mercurey for about $17 US, on sale. And decided to write a review just keep me amused.

Popped and poured. Showing some bricking on the edge. First impressions of nose: a bit rustic and stinky. Fruit is dried cherries, with a musty note. Strikes an acidic note on entry, with aged cherries coming in after a few seconds. A few additional tastes has it showing a decent balance between fruit and acidity. Will add to note after bottle open for a while.

Bottle stink has blown off. Marked acidity that hides or overwhelms the fruit. Over all an okay wine. Nothing to write home about, but I guess I kinda just did that!