• Disgorged 09/2017. 100% PN, sans soufre and without dosage. We opened this 2 days ago, and simply tried to stop it up overnight to finish last night. It didn't hold the bubbles well so the final glass of this was more of a still wine. I dig the dill/dried green herb note on this bottle--very distinctive. Polished, with apple, dark cherry, lime curd and raspberry. This bottle showed a unique expression, one I enjoyed and while I preferred it on Sunday with the bubbles and the more lively expression, it does show the classy core on which it is built when tasted still. Terrific.

• Marguet and Marie-Courtin, plus a little Savart and some Still Reds, Too (My House In The South OC): Disgorged 05/17. 100% PN, zero dosage. This was the best Marguet of the night for me, and reaffirmed why this is on my WOTY list for 2018. The length, fruit depth and balance of this wine is really superb. Deep flavors of black cherry with a lovely saline finish of red fruits and citrus. Excellent showing again tonight.

• 2012 Marguet Single Vineyard Champagnes (Passerotto, Chicago IL): Nose: The nose plays to the upper register with a spring-like quality to the tones of peaches, pears, red apples, fresh picked herbs, tidal pool aromas, quince, biscuit, and white florals. The nose really draws you in with it's charm and femininity along with excellent depth.

Taste: Medium/full bodied with high acidity. The acidity has a good bit of zip to it, but it is well balanced and not overpowering. The feel has some density, but it is still able to be light on it's toes with peaches, pears, red apples, fresh picked herbs, minerals, and biscuits.

Overall: This was a real expressive and elegant champagne. It possesses a good amount of poise already and it feels like it can benefit from about 3-5 years of aging.

• Disgorged May 2017, zero dosage, 100% Pinot Noir. I have had this wine on my short list for 2018 WOTY for several months. It's impressed me both of the previous times I have had it. Once again, it is delicious. Salty, with black cherry, a light dried herb and citrus. It drinks with a focused, intense quality that I really dig. My hunch is that the intensity of this wine will turn some drinkers off. I though like it, as the energy conveys a sense of purity, clean and real.

• Excellent. Pinot Noir and zero dosage, talk to me. The nose hints at sweet red fruit and light brioche. Palate is bright, clean and crisp. Light ferrous, light citrus, and red apple. Finish was a slightly clipped. This is great right now and probably stellar in 5-10 years.

View From the Cellar

NOTE: Some content is property of View From the Cellar.