1. SteveHyde

3. mlinda

mlinda

JancisRobinson.com

• By Antonio Galloni
    Central Tuscany 2003 and 2004: A Tale of Two Vintages? (June 2007), (See more on Vinous...)

(Tenimenti Luigi D'alessandro Syrah Il Bosco) Login and sign up and see review text.

Garagiste

• By Jon Rimmerman
    8/10/2007, (See more on Garagiste...)

(IL BOSCO Cortona Syrah) Il Bosco Dear Friends, This is the big brother to the regular Cortona Syrah we offered a few weeks ago and it’s about as anticipated a wine from this region that I can remember. 2004 was a standout vintage around Arezzo and the top wines, from Galatrona to Il Bosco, should prove to be some of the best in Tuscany. After an 2003 vintage across Chianti Classico and environs that failed to impress (more times than not) due to the extreme conditions, I can report 2004 is a completely different story and the 2004 Il Bosco is a major accomplishment for Massimo d’Alessandro. I realize the 2003 received all the accolades (if I recall it was a WS94 or 95) but I just wasn’t sold on it the way I am on the 2004 (which is a similar story for me with many highly rated 2003 Tuscan wines like Felsina’s Rancia bottling where the 2004 simply makes mincemeat of the 2003). This is a refined and regal example that has power, elegance and impact in the same sip - not an easy thing to achieve. If you are interested in the European development of Syrah in regions outside of the Rhone Valley (or just Syrah in general), Massimo d’Alessandro’s inspiration continues to be his love affair with La Mouline coupled with an impression left at that fateful Shiraz tasting we were a part of at Arnolfo years ago. The combination has served him well - and I believe it will do wonders for your faith that Cote Rotie inspired wine from old-world terra firma (with a flair all its own) is a very good thing: This wine is a multiple Tre Bicchieri winner in years past, 3-Star Veronelli and 5/5 Grappoli winner. I expect the 2004 to follow suit and set a new benchmark for this wine. We have a great price on this item, about the same as in Tuscany. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ONE SHIPMENT ONLY at this price directly from the source. 2004 Il Bosco Syrah Cortona (Luigi d’Alessandro) Thank you, Jon Rimmerman Garagiste Seattle, WA Italy7790

NOTE: Some content is property of JancisRobinson.com and Vinous and Garagiste.