1. Laz4wine

2. camdawg

camdawg

3. ecola

ecola

• This is 80% merlot and 20% CF, but to my taste, the CF is dominating on the first night. Some tannins still around, but the CF is bringing a somewhat greenness to it, a bit of bitter in there too. There is some wood and black/blue fruits here, no plum that I can really taste, and the middle is a little lacking. Some nice cigar box on the finish. Definitely not in a California style -- much leaner.

• CAMDAWG it’s showing pretty well now, nice floral and berry notes with some pain grille, good value play.

• I don't want to give this wine a score, because I drank it sooner than I probably should've. I bought a few bottles on special from Wine Library, and I wanted to try one to see how I liked it. And how long I should wait to open the other bottles.

I loved the aromatics. Warm, spicy cigar box with good fruit. The flavors matched the aromatics pretty well. A hint of blue fruit at first, that gives way to purple and black fruit. The finish is lengthy and savory.

So why shouldn't we drink these up now? The tannins are pretty thick and chalky. Of course they are, this is good Bordeaux that's only two years after vintage!

If you can wait until Autumn of 2022 or later, you should be well rewarded. This is a nice one for the cellar that won't break the bank.

• Earthy aromas and flavors with dark fruit in the background. Medium body, smooth, easy to drink.

• Despite, or maybe because of, the funny name this was some darn good drinking Pomerol. I assume it was cheap, and if so it hit the spot.