• By Joel B. Payne
    January/February 2008, IWC Issue #136, (See more on Vinous...)

(Geheimrat J. Wegeler Erben Rudesheimer Berg Schlossberg Riesling Auslese) Login and sign up and see review text.

Garagiste

• By Jon Rimmerman
    2/28/2008, (See more on Garagiste...)

(J. W-E R?desheimer Berg Schloss Riesling) 2006 German Dear Friends, I stayed up last night scouring the German market and (once in a while) the work pays off with a treat all of you will be very glad to have in your cellar. For the price of a bargain Auslese, you get a wine that has the chance to age like a BA... I’ve resisted the urge to use the world “quintessential” because I used it in this morning's Bordeaux offer but this is what 2006 is all about in Germany - Auslese that has the material to age for decades but has the brilliant balance and verve to be consumed and enjoyed throughout its life (sound like a familiar mantra? I said the same thing about the 2005 Bordeaux this morning). I’ve been trying to get a stash of this for a while as it was one of the more interesting wines I tasted last year in a 2006 Schlossberg retrospective held in Rudesheim and it is one of the most limited offerings from the vineyard I’ve come across. If you like German Riesling, you can’t go wrong here: ” EXTREMELY LIMITED - only 20 cases available at this stage for the US and we have a price that is about the same as in Germany. This parcel has perfect provenance directly from the source: 2006 J. Wegeler Erben Rudesheimer Berg Schlossberg Riesling Auslese Please give us your maximum number and we will allocate accordingly Thank you, Jon Rimmerman Garagiste Seattle, WA Germ9620

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and Garagiste.