• The 2020 Brogsitter Ad Aram Ahr Frühburgunder Trocken states “Im Barrique Gereift” right on the front label. With the Ahr’s reputation for over-oaked Pinot, I was a bit wary of it. Instead I found a well-balanced wine that preserves the drink me quality of Frühburgunder along with just a bit of structure. I think this could age little. My only quibble is once again the wine came in a ridiculously tiny 750 and disappeared far too quickly. Enjoyed with an array of Costco steaks charcoal barbequed. Excellent.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• Excellent wine with smokey and herbaceous notes, intense nose. It shows nice balance and good length. Compared to the '18 Knipser Kirschgarten the Ad Aram has less body and ripeness, but the aromas showed more focus, while it clearly showed the slate Ahr typicity.

Double decanted 1 hour before serving and the wine improved the whole evening. So while I think this is a treat now it should develop into something even better in the future. I need to drink more wines from the Ahr, cheers!

90-92

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• 93/94. Brogsitter is on a roll. One of the best Ahr wines ever. 13.5%.
    Fantastic value at under 23 Euros. I have a case and a half of their Frühburgunder B 20 and Spätburgunder B 20 and was astonished by their massive quality level too. I will visit them tomorrow and find out what they
    are doing!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (3)