1. El_Dougo

2. safarimad

safarimad

3. markydecker

markydecker

• An unexpected mail order treat. Intense raspberry and blackberry rounded off with creamy MLF and the medium alcohol makes this entirely enjoyable. Lovely summer quaffed. Serve chilled.

• Medium bodied and very refreshing (?). You get the juiciness of a Zinfandel but there’s some earthiness and herbaliness to it that I wasn’t expecting. Definitely was better on the second glass and then the second day as well after some air so could probably use a couple more years. Enjoyable

• One glass via Coravin for a quick taste of the vintage, from a six pack purchased from the winery. Painfully young but with all in place for extended aging. Cool climate Monte Bello fruit, laser sharp, brightly acidic. Raspberry and sour cherry, spicy and dominated by the oak at this young age. The opposite of “jammy”. 13.9 ABV. This will be another in a long line of great Jimso Zinfandels from MB. Revisit in 5 years. Back label notes that the wine will develop fully in 12 to 15 years, I agree.

• I have a very emotional attachment to this wine and vineyard. (I'm going beyond tasting notes here). I was introduced to this wine at a UCLA extension course on premiere growths and held at Wally's in west LA in about 1976. Among the French wines (Haut Brion, etc), the Jimso popped up and I was hooked. Ridge had a new club, ATP, and I latched on. Nearly 50 years later, I still have a special place in my heart for what Jimsomare has taught me about the richness of the wine experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• Still young, but very drinkable after some decant time. Tannins there, but not overpowering and they soften while in the glass.