1. progenitive

progenitive

• Was worried this was past its prime when I bought it at auction, but took the risk, because it was relatively inexpensive. I think it’s quite good still, though I wouldn’t try to keep it much longer. I just opened the 2nd bottle and the cork was deteriorated; it tended to break apart. I like the tannins being subtle and muted, perhaps due to age, and I note a pleasant hint of cherry in the taste. I detect no flaws or indication that the wine is on the ‘downslope’ yet. But I don’t think it’s worth the risk to wait much longer for very limited upside.

• Blackberry and plum on the nose. Very expressive! Medium body, smooth mouthfeel with a nice crisp finish. Blackberry, blueberry and spice flavours are complemented with a pine/woodsy kind of subtle note. Delicious high-class wine. Comparable to a classified growth Bordeaux. www.advinetures.ca

• Really excellent, balanced, light lots of flavor

• Medium deep maroon, with a smoky/oaky nose that has an herbal/capsicum nuance to it, quite appetizing - red berry fruit and some earthiness too - medium body, good extract with still a lot of tannin, but ripe and tamed by food - I can't quite decide if the fruit will be able to outlast the tannin, so I'd err on drinking sooner than later, as it is very tasty right now, in the Bordeaux style.

• 13 Cab Franc, 27 Merlot, 60 Cab Sauv. Opened for about 90 minutes, not decanted. Dark purple color, a bit cloudy, bigger body. Bouquet is all currant, palate is more of the same with just a hint of sugar, gives way to a vegetal note. Light tannins, very fleshy. Decent finish, but not sure anything is gained by sitting on these any longer.