1. shaftlet

2. Eubeub

Eubeub

3. LW31

LW31

• The first night, the nose was all 'merde', and I suspect some of the cows had grazed underneath a cherry orchard. The palate did not show this note very much, and offered a panoply of red fruits, mainly cherries, raspberries and a bit of pomegranate. It was on the light-medium bodied spectrum, and offered a very pretty, elegant, dare I say a Burgundian style of cab franc. The second night this turned into a completely different wine: no hint of bretty notes at all, and it morphed into a medium bodied, deeper, darker coloured and flavoured wine that reflected a Bordeaux style. There was a mix of deeper redfruits and even some blackfruits as well. I'm not sure which version I preferred, but this can last many more years, and I'd decant for about 2 hours if you don't want to wait. Beautiful wine (A-/A).

• My tasting note is almost identical to my original note from 10 years ago. Olive, cedar, tobacco grilled red bell pepper, red currant and toast on the nose. Med body with some decent grip and length. Still youthful. This is just hitting it’s stride. Other people have commented that this could go another 10 years and I am convinced! See below:

Note— I am drinking this out of a coravined magnum. 1st glass Coravined Sept 2019! Second 2 glasses Coravined Oct 2020! I just hit this bottle again tonight thinking it might be dead. Far from it! Best result I’ve ever had from a Coravin! I attribute this to:
    A) It’s a magnum
    B) I bought this at the Domaine
    C) Each time I Coravined the bottle, I immediately flipped the bottle back to horizontal instead of leaving upright.
    Nonetheless, this wine has some serious longevity!!!

• Delicious Cabernet franc. Lovely balance and energy. In a perfect spot between woodsy yet ripe fruit and minerality. Perhaps missing some of the mid palate depth and the overall complexity that more recent vintages have shown.

• This is great. Full stop. In a good place, drinking very well but the balance is flawless. No reason to think this couldn't go for another 10 years.

• Drank my last bottle and it could easily have gone another decade, but it's in a good place now. What an incredible wine at the price. This is my favorite vintage in the decade plus that I've been drinking them. Freshness, complexity, fruit, rocks, all in near perfect balance (at least in 2009). Les Grezeaux remains the backbone of the day to day part of my cellar.

• By Josh Raynolds
    Mar-12, IWC Issue #6300015, 3/1/2012, (See more on Vinous...)

(Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon Les Grezeaux) Login and sign up and see review text.

View From the Cellar

Winedoctor

RJonWine.com

• By Richard Jennings
    9/14/2011, (See more on RJonWine.com...) 91 points

(Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon Les Grézeaux) Very dark red violet color; intense, high pitched, brett, ripe currant, pencil lead nose; tight, tart currant, mineral, pencil lead, violet palate with structure; needs 2-plus years; medium-plus finish

NOTE: Some content is property of Vinous and View From the Cellar and Winedoctor and RJonWine.com.