CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Inexpensive Covid test

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Inexpensive Covid test Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inexpensive Covid test - 1/4/2024 2:42:48 PM   
KPB

Last night, my Pegau 2007 seemed quite flat, kind of lifeless…. Today my wife tested positive. I’ve tested three times, all negative, but I think I might have missed the real window when the tests would have caught it (probably last Saturday). By now I’m just not contagious and am past the real symptomatic period, except for CDP.

Ken Birman
The Professor of Brettology
Post #: 1
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/4/2024 2:49:21 PM   
grafstrb

The only time I ever had Covid I tested positive for exactly 10 days. I know this because those days were bookended by days with negative tests.

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 2
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/4/2024 3:21:41 PM   
DoubleD1969

I tested positive on Dec 23rd a day after started experiencing a sore throat and coughing. I tested negative a week later, Dec 30th after most of the symptoms went away. A neighbor had Covid and had bad symptoms, but her husband and kids were all negative. Go figure.

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 3
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/4/2024 3:45:02 PM   
ImUrHuckleberry

The last time I got covid I didn't test positive until several days after the symptoms started.

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 4
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/4/2024 4:50:02 PM   
Eduardo787

Maybe its time to restart the vit D thread .........just kidding.

I can´t be happier than drinkling wine with my friends

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 5
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/4/2024 4:51:55 PM   
KPB

Well, I’m sure I had it. Now I either still have it, or I’m over the virus but still recovering.

Last time I did test positive, at a stage when I was nearly asymptomatic. Got Paxlovid and after five days of a nasty chemical mouth, I was totally normal. Thus time, I’ve tested negative the whole way, but clearly couldn’t ask for Paxlovid and the lingering symptoms have been more annoying.

That said, the remainder of my bottle of Pegau tasted more or less like it should today.

Ken Birman

(in reply to ImUrHuckleberry)
Post #: 6
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/4/2024 8:25:58 PM   
MindMuse

Ken, are you saying insurance or Medicare will cover the cost of the 2007 Dom Pegau Covid test?
If so, I might want to have that test prescribed on a daily basis as a precaution...

... she uncorked it and put it to her lips. "I know something interesting is sure to happen," she said to herself, "whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does."
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 7
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/5/2024 12:24:57 AM   
grafstrb

quote:

ORIGINAL: MindMuse

Ken, are you saying insurance or Medicare will cover the cost of the 2007 Dom Pegau Covid test?

Ooooh! This is a thing now? {cough cough} ... ummmm, pretty sure I might have Covid ... {cough} ... test please!!

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 8
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/5/2024 5:11:27 AM   
KPB

@MindMuse, I would ask for reimbursement, but this particular bottle was one I must have misfiled: CT shows no record of when I got it. But yes, the federal government definitely should cover Covid tests. Your logic is watertight, in my view!

Heck, I should have opened a da Capo. On the other hand, a small amount of wine left me with a violent headache, which kind of defeats the purpose and eliminates most of the pleasure. Covid nasal swab tests never have that side effect. It was severe enough that I’m gping to avoid wine for two weeks!

Ken Birman

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 9
RE: Inexpensive Covid test - 1/5/2024 10:19:56 AM   
wine247365

quote:

ORIGINAL: ImUrHuckleberry

The last time I got covid I didn't test positive until several days after the symptoms started.

My experience Dec '20 was similar in that I didn't test positive until 1-2 days after the worst of my symptoms. Our house had four people in it, all of which came down with it due to that variant's virulence. Fortunately, no long-COVID issues for any of us.

The number of bottles I buy is nothing in comparison to the bottles I don’t buy. Let’s have a little perspective please.

(in reply to ImUrHuckleberry)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Inexpensive Covid test Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI