CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? - 7/6/2014 11:53:36 AM   
BoCron

I got out a few reds on the 4th to have with the 'cue that we never opened. They were put into my little wine cooler in the dining room to chill before dinner and then with all the activity got forgotten for other wines that guests brought. The 2 reds(a PN and a Zin) are still in the cooler and I don't think we will be drinking them anytime soon so was wondering if I would cause an issue by putting them back in the wine rack to free up the 2 spots in the cooler (it's a small 16 bottle cooler). I can leave them there if it would be a bad thing but just got me curious.

Annette
Post #: 1
RE: Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? - 7/6/2014 12:01:30 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoCron

I got out a few reds on the 4th to have with the 'cue that we never opened. They were put into my little wine cooler in the dining room to chill before dinner and then with all the activity got forgotten for other wines that guests brought. The 2 reds(a PN and a Zin) are still in the cooler and I don't think we will be drinking them anytime soon so was wondering if I would cause an issue by putting them back in the wine rack to free up the 2 spots in the cooler (it's a small 16 bottle cooler). I can leave them there if it would be a bad thing but just got me curious.

Annette
Won't hurt them to come to room temp and stay there a while.  Long term storage in a room temp rack isn't recommended, but we've kept reds at room temp for a couple of years or more with no ill effect.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to BoCron)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? - 7/6/2014 12:05:10 PM   
musedir

Agreed.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 3
RE: Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? - 7/6/2014 12:33:34 PM   
BoCron

Thanks all! I just bought a couple of sets of wine racks that each hold 40 bottles. I am currently setting them up in my office (the coolest/darkest room on the main floor of the house). My next step is to clear a space in a storage closet in the basement to move everything but that will have to wait until summer is over. I also bought a couple of packs of wine bottle labels so I can finally organize my stuff and be able to find it without having to shuffle through the current box situation :D.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 4
RE: Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? - 7/6/2014 1:37:40 PM   
dontime

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoCron

Thanks all! I just bought a couple of sets of wine racks that each hold 40 bottles. I am currently setting them up in my office (the coolest/darkest room on the main floor of the house). My next step is to clear a space in a storage closet in the basement to move everything but that will have to wait until summer is over. I also bought a couple of packs of wine bottle labels so I can finally organize my stuff and be able to find it without having to shuffle through the current box situation :D.

Yep. You've got the bug.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to BoCron)
Post #: 5
RE: Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? - 7/6/2014 2:14:33 PM   
musedir

I believe Steppenwolf sang of your dilemma.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 6
RE: Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? - 7/6/2014 3:15:09 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

I thought it was Paul Simon... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_H-LY4Jb2M&feature=kp

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 7
RE: Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? - 7/6/2014 3:15:44 PM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: musedir

I believe Steppenwolf sang of your dilemma.

The Beatles too... Boy, you're gonna carry that weight.... Carry that weight.... A long time....

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Moving wine from cellar to cooler to cellar? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI