CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Secret Santa 2017 Reveal Thread - BAD Santas!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Secret Santa 2017 Reveal Thread - BAD Santas! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Secret Santa 2017 Reveal Thread - BAD Santas! - 12/21/2017 3:30:55 PM   
MindMuse

Well obviously I belong in the Bad Santa camp this year as I've been MIA for a month. Sorry about my absence. My mind has been elsewhere with some things that have been less that merry.

Hope to get back in the swing of things soon and catch up on things.

Thanks to nyccablover for her inspired selection on Emidio Pepe's Trebiano d'Abruzzo, a selection about as far away as one can imagine coming from a handle like nyccablover.

Plus, it came from a Paso Robles address and I assumed the box was a wish list bottle from Saxum or from Herman Story - about as far wrong an assumption as possible! World class Trebbiano and as old school as it gets.
I look forward to trying and sharing with either a wine group that I convene with at an Italian restaurant (when they rotate to their Abruzzo month), or with a different group that greatly appreciates mind-bending, unusual whites.
Grazie!

... she uncorked it and put it to her lips. "I know something interesting is sure to happen," she said to herself, "whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does."
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 151
RE: Secret Santa 2017 Reveal Thread - BAD Santas! - 12/23/2017 8:54:29 AM   
nyccablover

quote:

ORIGINAL: MindMuse

Well obviously I belong in the Bad Santa camp this year as I've been MIA for a month. Sorry about my absence. My mind has been elsewhere with some things that have been less that merry.

Hope to get back in the swing of things soon and catch up on things.

Thanks to nyccablover for her inspired selection on Emidio Pepe's Trebiano d'Abruzzo, a selection about as far away as one can imagine coming from a handle like nyccablover.

Plus, it came from a Paso Robles address and I assumed the box was a wish list bottle from Saxum or from Herman Story - about as far wrong an assumption as possible! World class Trebbiano and as old school as it gets.
I look forward to trying and sharing with either a wine group that I convene with at an Italian restaurant (when they rotate to their Abruzzo month), or with a different group that greatly appreciates mind-bending, unusual whites.
Grazie!

Dennis - wishing you and your wife the best for this holiday season and the year ahead! I hope you enjoy the Pepe - my husband and I were in Rome celebrating our 25th anniversary last month and we discovered Emidio Pepe's wines and were really excited about them. Upon returning home we attended the Zachy's auction in NY where they were coincidentally featuring a huge selection of Pepe wines with the family members from the estate in attendance. I remember from last year's offline in Tampa that you have a fascination with interesting perhaps off the beaten path wines - so thought you might get some enjoyment out of this bottle that is not always so easy to find at retail. Enjoy!!

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 152
RE: Secret Santa 2017 Reveal Thread - BAD Santas! - 5/12/2018 3:48:08 PM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookiefiend

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

OK, package opened and I received a lovely Rasa 2013 Doctrina Perpetua Simone de Beauvoir. I’m very excited because what little Rasa we’ve been able to try has been fabulous and this is a bottling I’d never expected to be able to experience.

There was a vague card wishing us Mele Kalikimaka and, since I don’t think we have any Hawaiians on our group, based on that I’m gonna guess CookieFiend. I was once HER secret Santa, plus she’s been my Maui trip guru a time or two.

Yes!
I am your Secret Santa and what a pleasure it was to be able to send you a gift this time!
I knew you would get the clue right away too, though I also left a few clues in the thread - almost everything started with OK!
You had written a tasting note on a Rasa wine and had loved it - so that's what I ran with.

I hope you enjoy it and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

I totally missed the OK reference — Sherlock, I am not — but ... yay! To both the wine, which I sincerely am super excited about, and the clue that actually, for the first time in CT Secret Santa history, allowed me to actually correctly suss my Secret Santa. So incredibly sorry for my stupid delay, and hope I didn’t ding any fun from your game. We will be drinking this over the holidays and will follow up ... promptly this time, I promise!

Dawn, you are the best! (rare) Ladies of CT unite. 😘

I am, once again, a liar who owes cookie a heap of apologies. We did not drink it over an even busier-than-usual holiday season and, in fact, have yet to ... BUT we are going to Maui very soon for our 20th anniversary and taking a wine check and this will be one that goes with us. I wasn't lying about looking forward to having it ... Just actually having the time and correct occasion to enjoy. Will let you know how it goes, but seems like everything pairs pretty well with a Maui sunset. Thank you, Dawn!

(in reply to markandsusanw)
Post #: 153
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Secret Santa 2017 Reveal Thread - BAD Santas! Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI