CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Shipped in cold weather, what would you do?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Shipped in cold weather, what would you do? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shipped in cold weather, what would you do? - 11/19/2019 11:49:40 AM   
Franklin 10

I’m looking for thoughts from the forum on how to handle a shipping issue.

I’m a long time satisfied customer of an internet retailer. My practice to to make arrangement to hold wine shipments at the FedEx or UPS site and pick up there.

As usual, during fall shipping season, I had a bunch of other incoming. I didn’t get a shipping notice or tracking number from this retailer and as s a result of being busy and lots of things to track, the wines ended up in the delivery truck for 2 nights in cardboard (not styrofoam) packing when temperature lows were in the upper 20s F.

About 25% of the corks are a about 1-2 mm above the top of the bottle. Its not dramatic but definitely different than the other bottles which have a usual 2-3 mm countersink.

The retailer has taken responsibility for me not getting notice and has offered to comp me for the bottles. Is that the right thing? Am I making too much of the issue?

the Empirate

"Jim Harrison, northern Michigan's favorite son and food lover, once told me, 'One of the main causes of premature death is fretting about your diet.' He then topped up my glass of wine."
-abra berens
Post #: 1
RE: Shipped in cold weather, what would you do? - 11/19/2019 12:51:01 PM   
recotte

My $0.02: I think you were perfectly within your rights to challenge the retailer. Pushed out corks is not a good thing! In turn, I think the retailer has done the right thing in accepting responsibility and offering to comp the bottles (hopefully the shipping, too). Sounds like they made a mistake but are trying to provide good customer service in making amends.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to Franklin 10)
Post #: 2
RE: Shipped in cold weather, what would you do? - 11/19/2019 3:18:37 PM   
WineGuyCO

Retailer has offered to comp the bottles...…………...take the offer.

Rick

(in reply to Franklin 10)
Post #: 3
RE: Shipped in cold weather, what would you do? - 11/19/2019 3:56:21 PM   
Jenise

I've been reassured by others that because of the alcohol, wine has to get in the low 20's to freeze. However, you see a difference in the corks and the retailer has offered to make good. As others have said, take it.

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 4
RE: Shipped in cold weather, what would you do? - 11/19/2019 5:18:46 PM   
Franklin 10

OK, I was offered credit or replace (some not available anymore). I’ve accepted the credit and won’t stress any more. Thanks, the input is much appreciated (and yes, the retailer really stepped up).

< Message edited by Franklin 10 -- 11/19/2019 8:22:55 PM >

the Empirate

"Jim Harrison, northern Michigan's favorite son and food lover, once told me, 'One of the main causes of premature death is fretting about your diet.' He then topped up my glass of wine."
-abra berens

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Shipped in cold weather, what would you do? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI