CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Dymo Label Printing Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Dymo Label Printing Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dymo Label Printing Issues - 11/5/2021 8:37:51 PM   
PeterS

I have suddenly encountered Dymo label printing issues after years of no issues.

Trying to print to the Dymo LW 450 results in the CellarTracker printing pop-up with the print preview window hanging and eventually an error box pops up informing you "this page is not responding" and then list all of the CellarTracker tabs which are currently open. For example, if you have XYZ Shiraz 2015 screen open, the pop-up lists the XYZ Shiraz screen as not responding.

These issues started on the afternoon of 4/11, were still there yesterday and I still have them today, 6/11.

I have two laptops, one running Win 10, Chrome and Edge as browsers; and a new one running Win 11, Chrome and Edge as browsers. Both now refuse to print labels (having said that, the Win 11 machine is new and has never printed a CellarTracker label). Both happily print to the LW450 from within the Dymo Connect software. On Thursday I briefly got one batch of 3 labels to print on the Win 10 machine using 8.7.4, but none since.

Dymo's website lists Dymo Connect as the software for LW450 or later. I tried installing this on Win 10 machine - this did not fix the problem. I removed this and tried to re-install 8.7.4, however this was fraught as the C++ 2013 redistributable would not install properly. It would seem that an update to the 2013 redustributable now makes it invisible to the 8.7.4 installation software and when it tries to install the redistributable it stops because of the later version. The only way to get 8.7.4 to install was to completely remove the C++ 2013 restributable from Windows. 8.7.4 then installs and loads the redistribuatable, but now refuses to run - it hangs on its startup flash screen.

I am now stuck. Because the print popup screen hangs, you cannot change the output to CSV to print on Avery labels.

Is anyone else having issues? Is CellarTracker aware of an issue and is there a fix in the pipeline? Has anyone got a fix?

*** Since posting this, I have discovered that if you wait several minutes, you can get Cellartracker to print. There is a very long delay between pressing a button and a resulting action.

< Message edited by PeterS -- 11/5/2021 9:11:02 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Dymo Label Printing Issues - 11/5/2021 10:30:57 PM   
Eric

First of all, the Dymo Connect software is not supported. It has significant issues that we have reported to Dymo over the past two years.

You should have the latest version of the Dymo Label Software installed.

You should do all troubleshooting on this page: https://www.cellartracker.com/dymo.asp

We have not heard of any general issues around hanging.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to PeterS)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> CellarTracker Support >> Dymo Label Printing Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI