CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 8/13/2013 2:18:44 PM   
Yossarian

People who stand on the left of the escalator in London in rush hour drinking a Starb*cks Vente Frappacino Double Decaf Twattachino

It puts me in a dark place.

New April 2021 Mix Here

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 451
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 8/13/2013 2:42:38 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yossarian

Starb*cks

Watch out with those obscenities…

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to Yossarian)
Post #: 452
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 8/13/2013 2:49:47 PM   
Yossarian

What about Starc***s (just to see if the auto blocker is working)

Doh! Edit. No it wasn't

< Message edited by Yossarian -- 8/13/2013 2:50:12 PM >

New April 2021 Mix Here

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 453
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 8/17/2013 11:10:00 AM   
VTCellarDweller

I am noticing quite a few private consumption comments showing up in the tasting notes. There is a place for personal consumption notes in the "Drink or Remove a Bottle" screen. Comments in a tasting note such as "shared with Ted and Alice" are misplaced and of no interest to others and almost as annoying as "consistent with previous bottles".

Jim
https://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=90940

(in reply to Yossarian)
Post #: 454
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 12:14:08 AM   
Old Doug

There are not enough trees in the Pacific Northwest to make all the tickets they need to write.

(in reply to VTCellarDweller)
Post #: 455
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 6:54:20 AM   
fingers

There's a fast lane?

Sincerely,
Southern California Motorist

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 456
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 7:56:42 AM   
BenNoir

i think in the EU, people drive with more awareness of others. Germany's autobauns are great. First, about 80% of the time, trucks are restricted to 100kph and the right lane. This means the right lane is solid trucks, all going about 100kph. The center lane is for normal drivers - typically going 100-130kph. The left lane is for passing and fast cars. Fast cars are often 160kph+. So when someone in the center lane wants to pass, they are careful not to pull out in front of someone closing at a high rate of speed, and they pass as quickly as possible, and return to the center lane.

In America - people use all the lanes in similar fashion. We all dive very close to the speed limit, so it's not uncommon to see someone in the left lane driving next to someone in the center lane, both driving 60mph (it is the speed limit after all). They don't care if they ever actually pass the car next to them. It's their God given right to be in that lane, since they are driving the legal speed limit.

The Oregon law (and similar ones under review in Washington) would have to be fairly cleanly written to prevent people who are driving the legal limit from camping in the left lane, so that others could EXCEED the legal limit and pass. Washington already has a law that says you should move to the right unless passing. It's just not enforced.

ben

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 457
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 9:54:16 AM   
BobMilton

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

There's a fast lane?

Sincerely,

It's that lane on the 5 through Santa Ana that's going 2.21 MPH instead of 2.2 for the lane next to it!

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 458
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 1:50:47 PM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

There's a fast lane?

Sincerely,

When traffic is "solid," then there's really nothing to do but suffer. (Or "fall down" like Michael Douglas once did.)

CA drivers get kudos from me for being able to merge well, if nothing else. Lots of necessity and experience.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 459
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 3:51:00 PM   
wine247365

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Doug

There are not enough trees in the Pacific Northwest to make all the tickets they need to write.

And when you're pissed off  enough driving behind them to pass them on the right, the cops can ticket you for doing that!  I love it in LA when there are four or five relatively open, moving lanes and you see 'that driver' cutting across all of them to get all the way over to the left lane only to go the speed limit.  (the Germans have this SO right!) 

The number of bottles I buy is nothing in comparison to the bottles I don’t buy. Let’s have a little perspective please.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 460
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 3:56:35 PM   
wine247365

quote:

ORIGINAL: jerwin1943

I am noticing quite a few private consumption comments showing up in the tasting notes. There is a place for personal consumption notes in the "Drink or Remove a Bottle" screen. Comments in a tasting note such as "shared with Ted and Alice" are misplaced and of no interest to others and almost as annoying as "consistent with previous bottles".

Someone had this for two of the TN's I saw on the first screen so, since I was bored and wanted to see the original, I had to scroll down through about 10 more over about two years of time to finally read the original four-line TN.  I thought it was pretty freaking hilarious!  I don't know if was intended to be humorous, but doing it 12-15 times certainly was.   I actually meant to post it on "TNs to Note".

The number of bottles I buy is nothing in comparison to the bottles I don’t buy. Let’s have a little perspective please.

(in reply to VTCellarDweller)
Post #: 461
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 6:46:52 PM   
champagneinhand

While Americans are known world-wide at being horrid at geography, they also have no country wide recognition of how a light horn works. The autobahn would/could never work here. Many with bigger vehicles completely understand the system as do commercial trucks. It why I choose to drive through the entire night and sleep in the day at rest areas in long trips. America is a melting pot of poor driving combined with selfishness and rude attitudes because they feel out of touch inside their cars. Nobody would act the same in a Que, or line... Because any kind of similar actions would provoke massive violence. The average commuter is too busy shaving, putting on make-up or doing anything but being a thoughtful defensive minded driver. It's one of the reason I stopped riding a motorcycle. The physics of mass always beat speed on a sub 200kg motorcycle with rider and fluids.

The best commute decision I ever made was to live in the Kitsap Peninsula and opted to take the Bainbridge Island, Kingston or Bremertin Auto ferries into Seattle. Even when there were 3-5 hour waits because of Summer tourist I could take in an afternoon baseball game or late lunch while waiting. Best journey into a metropolis as the highway system in the PNW was not designed to move autos efficiently. It was designed to get from point A to point B and modified later.

It is what it is.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to wine247365)
Post #: 462
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 6:50:36 PM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: wine247365

And when you're pissed off  enough driving behind them to pass them on the right, the cops can ticket you for doing that!  I love it in LA when there are four or five relatively open, moving lanes and you see 'that driver' cutting across all of them to get all the way over to the left lane only to go the speed limit.  (the Germans have this SO right!) 

June is "Lane Courtesy month."

I remember being surprised, very pleasantly so, on my first trip through Texas, in 1982. On many two-lane roads, the shoulder was paved and wide enough to function as another lane - and drivers, upon being approached from behind, would move over and let you pass. This is still the way it is in some places - I witnessed it the past couple years.

Ben is right that Americans often fall short in their awareness while driving. There is an epidemic of texting and talking on the phone that feeds into this. Yesterday, I saw a 50 year old, maybe 55, going slow in the middle lane of 3 lanes going east, while weaving considerably. In passing, I saw they had a death grip on their phone, pinching it between the steering wheel and their thumbs, both hands, trying to type, one thumb then the other thumb. This gave them a hold on essentialy only the center of the steering column, making fine control almost impossible.

It comes down to how good a multi-tasker somebody is. Not advocating it, but if one can keep the vehicle straight and in the lane, perhaps use cruise control to maintain speed if their accelerator foot isn't firmly connected enough to an aware brain, then it works much better. I think studies have shown that on average, talking on the phone is a distraction equivalent to being at the legal limit for alcohol intoxication = .08% in most states, while texting equates to being twice the legal limit, so pretty hard to be "for it," per se, but if one does it, at least pay attention to your driving too.

Then there are the drivers that are really just "zoned out," sometimes to the point that they look like they are in a trance, even a coma. I have several "archetypes" of the people who appear thus, won't put them in writing, for now. One common thing is that you look at them, and think, "There is something wrong with that person..."

Or course we are a varied people, as a race, and allowances must be made for others - easy for us "Type A" driving types to be impatient with and scornful of others, hostile to them as we feel our "time urgency." Maybe that other person is in no hurry, and simply does not feel a need to be going faster.

On multi-lane roads, there is a lot of stuff that operates the same, everywhere. With 3 or more lanes in one direction, people don't want to deal with traffic merging from the right, so they camp out in the middle lane or even in the left lane, even if they're going slower than the flow of traffic. Really old people are wont to do this, and it's usually the middle lane, and I can understand that.

Then there is the "slow speed warrior" type who thinks that as long as they are going close to the posted speed limit, then they are okay, even if they're blocking people going 20 or 25 MPH faster. You come up behind them and get close, then flash your lights, then sound the horn, and they are pointing to their speedometer as if that's proof that nobody should be bothering them. Pfft... talk about scorn - if not getting the death penalty, then I say these people are fair game for what often happens - being passed on the right, often getting the finger, getting cigarette butts or wads of paper tossed at their car, people cutting in front of them, without much room, on purpose. Even giving them a "brake check," where you get in front of them and hit your brakes.

I've never seen any road-rage related gunfire nor actual ramming of vehicles, but did see one idiot lose control when he swerved in close to another car on his right, I believe it was try to scare them, then back to the left, lost control, smashed into the concrete divider on the left, going backwards, bouncing out into the middle lane of 3, his vehicle now going backwards, much slower than traffic - right in front my truck, the 80,000 lbs. of which smacked into him, me barely feeling it while his car was totaled. Dented my bumper, truck was still drivable. He was in big trouble, as he had a one year old kid in the car, no restraint. State trooper was mad at that guy.

That was on the west side of Wichita, Kansas, two years ago, and I leave for the exact same drive on Monday.

While not the "lost soul - in a trance" type, there is one "look" that I see frequently, as far as vehicles going really slow in the middle or fast lanes. Picture an Isuzu Tracker, little 4-wheel drive vehicle, plastered with stickers saying, "Save the Whales," and "So many trees to hug, so little time..." With some humor here, I am picturing them feeling like "driving slow produces less emissions and is better for the environment," so they go out there, intent on extending the "counter-culture," and go under the speed limit. Boston and the pacific northwest are absolute havens for this driver.

Almost all states have the principle of "slower traffic keep right" enshrined in law, though enforcement may be lax or non-existent. There are only 4 states that allow vehicles to go the speed limit in the fast lane, without moving over, regardless of traffic conditions. Alaska - not many multi-lane roads to worry about - Maryland, North Carolina, and Ohio. For what it's worth, I don't see those latter three states as particularly bad for the amount of people that do it.

(in reply to wine247365)
Post #: 463
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/2/2015 7:11:07 PM   
champagneinhand

I have had a dash camera with GPS functioning in my cars for almost four years now. Can't beat the black box as any defense for idiots in the road. For my frequent trips the state troopers know my car and watch for idiotic drivers cutting me off etc. I usually go about 5 mph over the posted because that's what the enforce around here. If stopped you will have your entire car searched because maybe 20% on the roads of NY state have no license, no insurance, no valid registration and no current inspection. The troopers and sheriffs will sit on random off-ramps at the beginning of each mo th for random inspection sticker checking. It weeds out many of the very bad drivers.

To those that want to drive erratically and repeatedly change lanes to go that 1 mph faster, how will you live with yourself after killing the better part of a family it a few road workers because you woke up late and were hungover and don't know how to properly time your drive. I hate these people and love catching them and their license plates in HD video. I often have considered putting up video on YouTube or Vimeo of the most serious offenders. Too the worst I will call the Staties and have them fund you with a copy of my video.

Many might find this to be all the definitions of an A$$hole, but my wife and daughter rude in these same roads as do my nieces and nephews. Get it right. A few extra miles over the speed of traffic with multiple lane changes are going to get you to work, the court house or probation officer any sooner. Too many crosses in our state highways and larger roads in this area. Luckily in Summer we have at least 4 biker groups that will throttle you for stupid driving that puts them in danger. Sometimes OC takes care of the community as much as any peace officer.

How does apple substitute God for GPS. Really ruined the fist sentence.

< Message edited by champagneinhand -- 5/3/2015 2:21:15 PM >

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 464
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/3/2015 10:05:34 AM   
Old Doug

Dave, you are right that going slightly faster doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. I confess that there have been times when I'm that person changing lanes right and left - though it's not to just go 1 MPH faster, it's to get around a knot of traffic, might just be one vehicle in each of the two left lanes, going too slow. Have gotten better and more patient as I age, that's about all I can say. In any case, "slower traffic keep right" solves all our problems, in my opinion, until traffic gets so heavy that there's no solving things.

One impetus to "get better" is the way U.S. insurance companies now go back 3 years, raising your rates if you get driving citations. I figured it costs me about $800 or $900, even just for a minimal speeding ticket, like 9 MPH over the limit. There's the fine and court costs, and then higher insurance premiums for the next 3 years - that's the real killer. Knock on wood - as of last month I've got a clean record for the past 3 years, zero tickets. That's the third time in my life I've been there, and one of those times was when I first got my driver's licence.

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

If stopped you will have your entire car searched because maybe 20% on the roads of NY state have no license, no insurance, no valid registration and no current inspection. The troopers and sheriffs will sit on random off-ramps at the beginning of each month for random inspection sticker checking. It weeds out many of the very bad drivers.

20% is crazy, man.... I think the New York State Legislature needs to change things. Is it that penalties for the above are slight enough that people think it's cheaper to take the risk, or is that that some people will just try and wing it, no matter what?

If somebody is willing to go without a driver's license, then there's not much the state can really do, beforehand. Georgia, not the most advanced or cutting-edge state in all respects, does have a sensible system here - you don't get insurance without having a driver's license, and you don't get your vehicle registration before the Department of Motor Vehicles knows - from the issuing company - that you have insurance, and from the inspection station (if inspection is required) that your car passed.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 465
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 5/3/2015 3:02:29 PM   
champagneinhand

It may even be higher than 20%. I know two people who have had no real ID or have had it seized by the police in the 9 years living here. On motorcycles it may be well over half of all riders. This state makes it almost impossible to obtain a license without taking their lame weekend course with state supplied Hinda Rebels, a terrible 250cc motorcycle. I moved back here and let my motorcycle license lapse. I bought a bike in 2008. I got a permit every year and tried doing their road test but you need another licensed motorcycle rider and you have to supply the car they follow in and the first thing they do is inspect the car, it's driver, it's paperwork and trying to get a buddy to take a day off from work for this lame test is a bit excessive. Their rules didn't state that your cars driver needed a NY state motorcycle licensed, it just says licensed driver. I've had motorcycle licenses in 4 different states over the past 25 years. Silly kind of like firearms permits which require 4 persons not related to you or through marriage fill out a 7 year affidavit that you are a solid citizen never having depression, not ever having a touch too much alcohol or any other drug including prescription meds. I don't know very many people I would fill out a court registered affidavit that was notorized by the local notary public.

Just insane laws in this state. My BIL and buddies only have permits at best buy they carry insurance. My BIL was hit by a 17 year old in a truck who failed to yield right away at a stop sign nearly killing my BIL shattering his arm in 7 places. He owned a pizza joint and threw pizza dough for a living. 6+ months of rehabilitation pretty much was the nail in the coffin for his small business. Still after 4 years he got a small financial settlement but just enough to cover his debts in the pizzeria. They covered his medical immediately but my BIL had no license and no licensed rider was present with him. Yes he was in his way to join said licensed drivers, but in any real court battle, not having a license to operate said vehicle, like not carrying insurance, automatically puts you at fault with the rationale that since you didn't have the mandatory license or insurance, you should never have been there in the first place. Not in NY.

I've actually had an unlicensed, uninsured driver hit my front bumper at an intersection where he began to make a right turn with signals then changed his mind and swerved back to the road as my car had started to come out for a left hand turn. No injuries. My 1978 Toyota Celuca had just a small slice of plastic removed from the bumper hit was dented alongside the bottom but it was a very POS Ford Grenada. I was young, in college and didn't want to block traffic on this highly used artery near my collegiate campus. We decided to just drive to the police station. If the police came to the seen it would have been entirely his fault. Because we voluntarily left the accident scene I forfeited that right and I was ticketed for failure to yield. He did get fined for no license and no insurance. This was in the mid 1980s in Utah at the base if the Wasatch front of the Rocky Mountains. The other driver had only been in the USA for 3 days from Ecuador. He actually said I should pay his fines as he was poor and had a family who just immigrated in from South America. I was quite floored. I would go to another country and by some POS vehicle over renting a car with an international license and mandatory insurance. I met him know my thoughts on this and said I would gladly see him in small claims court if he wanted a judge to decide. My insurance got stuck paying for an entire side body work in a car that probably cost $300 at best. Over 20 years old and held together with duct tape and bubble gum.

On the changing lanes, I have no issues with that, unless it's compact traffic hours where all three lanes are filled to maximum capacity and going 5-10 mph over the speed limit. There is always a few people that think that if the thread the needle, while cutting off many fast moving vehicles, is completely fine. They don't care that their maneuvers cause most people to jam on their brakes causing a cascade of brake lights and a general traffic jam because of them. It like during construction when a lane is closed and they have countless blinking signs to merge left, yet you have the people that always shoot up that cleared gap to get 10 car lengths ahead of others and have a group of cowardly band wagoners that try to follow. Like their time trumps the needs of everybody else caught in this dilemma. See that all the time in Summer and Fall. It's why so many are supporting cameras that can be used for issuing photo citations. I'm generally against that, but it's a very small percentage of the driving public that destroy it for the vast majority.

When German reunification happened there were tons of accidents from former East German that drove Soviet made boxes of crud, that could barely get to 100kph if they had to popping into the far left lanes, and having no comprehension of flashing lights meaning get over to the right. Fit about a year there were so many crashes involving higher priced Mercedes, Jaguar, Itslian sports cars that came across these people in the left lane for no other reason than nobody else was using the lane at the time. There were many fatalities and so many from the former West Germany and other Western European nations cried out to have these small four cylinder cars banned from the autobahn permanently. We could all go in. Traffic is a beast. People that want to be self imposed enforcers or the exceptions to the traffic rules ruin it for everybody. With citation they should be forced to use Uber or some other car service for 30 days. That will change behaviors. Herman help us when computer driven cars from Google and Apple start popping up on the highways all over the world. One if the benefits to living in a large city is alternate forms of transportation. For those of us who have, or have previously held Commercial licenses with special endorsements, traffic will continue to befuddle us and cause plenty of heartburn and headaches.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 466
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/24/2015 1:21:35 PM   
Old Doug

An improbable string of bad luck; the last many times I have been in line, as at a gas station, pharmacy, etc., there is always at least one person ahead of me that "has a problem."

When I buy something, I take it to the cashier, pay, and leave. Yet it seems that I now have an inordinate amount of talent at getting behind people who don't know what they want, cannot read, cannot speak, expect to get things for free, expect fake coupons to be accepted, expect expired coupons to be accepted, or perhaps just need somebody to talk to.

If't were but three or four such instances, ah well, put it down to random chance, and thank the gods that it's not always that way. At this juncture I am sure it is ten or more, an unbroken, vengeful string, leading out of my past and into the future, by all accounts. I am cursed.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 467
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/24/2015 1:41:36 PM   
wineismylife

Have you checked the back of your pants for a note that says "Kick Here"?

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 468
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/26/2015 2:56:55 PM   
champagneinhand

I abhor coupons of all shapes, sizes and forms. Mrs.CiH grew up with them and loves to use them. She buys the stuff if a long shopping string is necessary. Yes it means I am usually paying way too much, but that's where Amazon Prime comes in, and of course I renewed Wine-Searcher this year.

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 469
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/26/2015 3:26:06 PM   
dsGris

quote:

An improbable string of bad luck; the last many times I have been in line, as at a gas station, pharmacy, etc., there is always at least one person ahead of me that "has a problem."

When I buy something, I take it to the cashier, pay, and leave. Yet it seems that I now have an inordinate amount of talent at getting behind people who don't know what they want, cannot read, cannot speak, expect to get things for free, expect fake coupons to be accepted, expect expired coupons to be accepted, or perhaps just need somebody to talk to.

If't were but three or four such instances, ah well, put it down to random chance, and thank the gods that it's not always that way. At this juncture I am sure it is ten or more, an unbroken, vengeful string, leading out of my past and into the future, by all accounts. I am cursed.

I can't be in front of you all the time, Doug!

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 470
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/26/2015 3:44:47 PM   
BenNoir

quote:

You might want to reflect on other aspects of your life. Could be a karma thing.

ben

< Message edited by bennor -- 7/26/2015 3:45:03 PM >

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 471
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/27/2015 10:01:15 AM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: bennor

You might want to reflect on other aspects of your life. Could be a karma thing.

Ben, (while I realize that talking religion is a no-no) I've often thought that if there are "higher beings" than us earthly humans, they have got to be laughing their butts off.

(in reply to BenNoir)
Post #: 472
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/29/2015 11:41:25 AM   
Yossarian

No - they are just laughing at you Old Doug. It is a conspiracy. We are all in on it.

New April 2021 Mix Here

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 473
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/29/2015 11:52:21 AM   
musedir

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to Yossarian)
Post #: 474
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/29/2015 5:27:51 PM   
Old Doug

quote:

No - they are just laughing at you Old Doug. It is a conspiracy. We are all in on it.

Could be, P; what, after all, does the individual really know, beyond the old, "I think, therefore I am," deal? Beyond that, thank goodness for being able to laugh at oneself. Without that, we're sunk.

(in reply to Yossarian)
Post #: 475
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/30/2015 1:58:26 PM   
Yossarian

As a man of science and existentialism I am unburdened by such theological problems such as why douhg always gets stuck behind the people in the short queue.....but......just remember - we are all in on it and IT IS a conspiracy. ALL OF US, DOUG!!!!

New April 2021 Mix Here

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 476
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 7/31/2015 7:32:32 PM   
Old Doug

quote:

IT IS a conspiracy. ALL OF US, DOUG!!!!

I've no doubt of this. The only real cure is a few hours sitting at the bar, like that Gin & Rum bar where you work (I mean, very close to where you work). Contemplate the divine layered ziggurat of bottles, and many things become clear.

(in reply to Yossarian)
Post #: 477
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 1/25/2016 6:50:50 AM   
cookiefiend

Dear Fellow Drivers on the highways and byways of this nation,

Please use your turn signal.
Please turn it on before you start braking.

When you randomly brake first with no signal, as the poor sod behind you, I wonder:
A) Is there some sort of hazard on the road in front of you?
B) Did you spill your coffee, drop your cigarette, get an exciting text, or all three?
C) Are you a Farking Idiot?
D) Is it the rapture and you're one of the chosen?
E) Have you not figured out that if you take your foot off the gas, your auto slows down (of course it helps if you're not also tailgating)

When you finally turn on your turn signal right as you're turning - I have the answer to my previous questions - its C for the win.

When you kindly use your turn signal before braking, as the grateful person behind you, I know:
A) This kind person is going to turn in a bit! I should slow down because I know now that they are going to have to slow in order to make their turn!

ITS SO EASY!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!

Signed,
I Have Had Enough!

Dawn

'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'
Aldous Huxley

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 478
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 1/25/2016 9:16:24 AM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookiefiend

E) Have you not figured out that if you take your foot off the gas, your auto slows down (of course it helps if you're not also tailgating)

When you finally turn on your turn signal right as you're turning - I have the answer to my previous questions - its C for the win.

Yeah, Dawn, most definitely. E also applies - it is simply amazing how many brake-riding so-and-sos are out there. Even in very light traffic, I am confounded by this. Why follow so close, in the first place? I've seen it when there are 3 or 4 lanes going in the one direction, and there will be 3 or 4 vehicles in a row, in one lane (with the other lanes being open), and every so often the first one's brake lights come on, and the others follow suit. Insane!

(in reply to cookiefiend)
Post #: 479
RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself - 1/25/2016 9:19:14 AM   
dsGris

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookiefiend

Dear Fellow Drivers on the highways and byways of this nation,

Please use your turn signal.
Please turn it on before you start braking.

When you randomly brake first with no signal, as the poor sod behind you, I wonder:
A) Is there some sort of hazard on the road in front of you?
B) Did you spill your coffee, drop your cigarette, get an exciting text, or all three?
D) Is it the rapture and you're one of the chosen?

When you kindly use your turn signal before braking, as the grateful person behind you, I know:
A) This kind person is going to turn in a bit! I should slow down because I know now that they are going to have to slow in order to make their turn!

ITS SO EASY!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!

Signed,
I Have Had Enough!

I thought this was only a phenomenon of wannabe race care drivers that moved from CA to OR.

< Message edited by dsGris -- 1/25/2016 9:20:13 AM >

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to cookiefiend)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: my rant- i just couldn't help myself Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI