CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 9:08:36 AM   
ramwines

In keeping with my intention to make "My Burgundy Project" an educational and useful exercise. rather than just an excuse to purchase and drink more wine, it's time for a little summary of the project after the First Five.

Bottle #1 - 2006 Domaine Pavelot (Jean-Marc et Hugues) Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Les Vergelesses - Rating 88 - Price $40 Original note: MBP Bottle #1
Consumed over 2 evenings. Initial tasting the first evening was very disappointing as I found this Burg to be quite acidic. A trait that mellowed only slightly over the first 2 hours. However, 24 hours later the last 1/3 of the bottle was quite different with all of the acidity gone and much more fruit and berries blossoming on the palette. It turned into a very enjoyable experience. It just needed 24 hours.

Bottle #2 - 2007 Domaine Robert Chevillon Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Bousselots - Rating 90 - Price $61 Original note: MBP Bottle #2
Very enjoyable. Reminded me of some OR Pinots. Continued to open through 2+ hours. Would put some in the cellar next to my Pinots.

Bottle #3 - 2008 Domaine Sébastien Magnien Pommard Les Perrières - Rating 87 - Price $46 Original note: MBP Bottle #3
A nice nose that continued to develop for a couple of hours. On the palette this Burg was somewhat disappointing. Not really a lot going on through the finish. For $46 I can do better.

Bottle #4 - 2007 Château de Chamirey Mercurey - Rating 85 - Price $34 Original note: MBP Bottle #4
A difficult to identify nose and thin on the palette put this Burg at the bottom of my First Five list. Know I can do better than this.

Bottle #5 - 2003 Domaine de la Vougeraie Clos Vougeot - Rating 92 - Price $110 Original note: MBP Bottle #5
My first Grand Cru - Lots of fruit on the nose and the palette. Continue to develop over the hour that it was tasted. Strong tannins suggest that it was still a little young. Stood up well compared to some great Pinots on the table. Overall, very enjoyable, but pricey.

First Five Final Tally - Planing on purchasing a couple of the 2007 Chevillon Nuits St. Georges Les Bousselots (Bottle #2) if I can find them, and putting them in the cellar for awhile.

Also happy to report that my cellar currently holds 10 Burgundies with which to continue the project. Not bad considering that when I started this I had exactly 1.

Stay tuned... next up I'm reverting back to something more reasonably priced. 2009 Château Philippe-le-Hardi Mercurey 1er Cru Les Puillets

Richard in Canton, OH and La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Nayarit, Mexico. Formally from Reno, NV.

The only problem with living in Mexico, my wine cellar is in Ohio.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 31
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 9:13:57 AM   
S1

great notes Richard
Keep them coming

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 32
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 9:14:41 AM   
Khamen

Thanks for posting and tracking what should be an interesting and enjoyable thread. Looking forward to it

K

We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Withnail

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 33
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 1:50:25 PM   
SkeBum

Richard,

I thought you were leaving the country soon? Or is the Burgundy project keeping you in Reno a while longer.

(in reply to Khamen)
Post #: 34
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 1:57:59 PM   
ramwines

quote:

ORIGINAL: SkeBum

Richard,

I thought you were leaving the country soon? Or is the Burgundy project keeping you in Reno a while longer.

Departure delayed. Sally's 109 yr old grandmother died. Probably in town until Dec. 4-5.

Richard in Canton, OH and La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Nayarit, Mexico. Formally from Reno, NV.

(in reply to SkeBum)
Post #: 35
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 2:23:10 PM   
champagneinhand

I'm sorry about the death in the family, but anybody who breaks the century mark has seen a lot of things and changes in our world. I hope the family is okay. Good luck with everything and the Burg project. I have been MIA and really hammered by weathered related headaches since last weekend and my only break seemed to be Tuesday night when I had dinner with BtR. I missed the Thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws...not great loss, but still had to cough up 2 bottles of Malbec, 2 Petit Sirah, the Basque rose and and Bookwalter Bookmark. None of which I even got a sip. I did get a break on Black Friday to stop by my local, but I held firm and bought no wine, but looked at some 1990 Loius Jadot Clos Vouget that wasn't completely unreasonable, considering prices of new burgs or '05 burgs.

I want to get a decent bottle from Musigny-Chambolle as I haven't tried that area, but nothing popped out at me, besides high prices. As soon as I feel better, I will hit some Volnay and Pommard 1st growths that I have been meaning to bring up from the cellar for evaluation. I know I like Chambertin and the 2010 Jadot Gervy village wines have just come in, but at $40, which makes me think I'll wait because they probably need so aging as well. I really like Pommard, Chambertin, Corton, Fixin and like Vosne-Romanee but need some more Nuits-St. George for further evaluation. Beaune and Volnay, really depends on the wine and the vintage.

That's a summary of where I am at in the Burg quest so far. I will continue as you are doing 1-2 bottles a week.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 36
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 2:30:51 PM   
SkeBum

quote:

ORIGINAL: ramwines

quote:

Richard,

Departure delayed. Sally's 109 yr old grandmother died. Probably in town until Dec. 4-5.

Oh, sorry to hear that.

The wife and I are coming to Reno on Friday the 30th to car shop, may PM you and see if you around for a glass in the afternoon.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 37
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 2:57:45 PM   
S1

Wow Richard
109--what a life!
Glasses appropriately hoisted for you guys, and celebrating her life.

"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to SkeBum)
Post #: 38
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 3:18:44 PM   
Old Doug

Richard, CHEERS to the 109 year old grandmother. Born 1903 I assume, and that's just wow....

Cheers to you, too, for your excellent approach and progress here.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 39
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 3:44:03 PM   
ramwines

Thanks for all the kind thoughts regarding my grandmother-in-law's passing. I'll be sure to share them with Sally.

She did indeed have a wonderfully full life. Up to about 3 months ago, she was totally present and could tell endless stories about her life. But her 109 years finally caught up with her. The last 2 months or so she was comfortable, although only semi-conscious, and slowly finishing her time in this dimension. She is survived by 1 daughter, 13 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren, 6 great-great-grandchildren and more nieces and nephews than I can count. Most of which live within 30 minutes of her. I firmly believe that the constant stream of relatives visiting her over her last 15 years in various elderly homes had a lot to do with her longevity.

Hilda Engleman at age 100

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 40
RE: My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary - 11/24/2012 3:48:36 PM   
ramwines

quote:

quote:

quote:

Richard,

Oh, sorry to hear that.

The wife and I are coming to Reno on Friday the 30th to car shop, may PM you and see if you around for a glass in the afternoon.

That sounds very possible. Sally will be returning from Ohio on Wednesday. Not sure if she has anything on her schedule, but I know I'm available. I'll PM you my cell number.

(in reply to SkeBum)
Post #: 41
My Burgundy Project - Bottle #6 - 11/25/2012 8:18:52 AM   
ramwines

November 23-24, 2012: "My Burgundy Project" Bottle #6 - 2009 Château Philippe-le-Hardi Mercurey 1er Cru Les Puillets.
Purchased from Total Wines - Reno - $24 Rated 88
Popped and poured, finished 2nd evening while home alone.

Initial nose of sweet strawberries and some spices. With a little earthiness detected. To the taste this Burgundy was very drinkable with more
berries coming through and a nice lingering finish. A little lighter that I would have liked, but a nice experience.

On the second evening the aroma seemed more enhanced with the sweetness moving more toward the earthiness rather than the fruit. On the palette
the wine seemed pretty much unchanged from the previous evening. Finished this burg with a meatball and Parmesan sub from a local pizza shop.
It worked well. For the price and the occasion, or lack of one, this Burgundy was very acceptable. May consider a couple of bottles for the cellar
to compare in a year of 2.

Previous Burgundy Project notes:
My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary

2009 Château Philippe-le-Hardi Mercurey 1er Cru Les Puillets

< Message edited by ramwines -- 11/25/2012 8:21:57 AM >

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 42
New Burgs for the Project - 11/26/2012 7:06:04 PM   
ramwines

Rummaged through the French section at my local wine shop over the weekend and found some Burgundy Project candidates...

First 2010's I seen:
2010 Christophe Buisson Bourgogne - $23
2010 Jean-Claude Lapalu Brouilly Vieilles Vignes - $24
Others:
2009 Louis Jadot Volnay 1er Cru Clos de la Barre - $62
2009 Domaine Gachot-Monot Côte de Nuits Villages - $24
2007 Domaine Des Hauts Chassis Crozes-Hermitage - $34
2001 Danjean-Berthoux Givry Domaine du Moulin Neuf - $20

Based solely on price, I'm not expecting much from 5 of the 6. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 43
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/26/2012 9:36:48 PM   
champagneinhand

quote:

Rummaged through the French section at my local wine shop over the weekend and found some Burgundy Project candidates...

First 2010's I seen:
2010 Christophe Buisson Bourgogne - $23
2010 Jean-Claude Lapalu Brouilly Vieilles Vignes - $24
Others:
2009 Louis Jadot Volnay 1er Cru Clos de la Barre - $62
2009 Domaine Gachot-Monot Côte de Nuits Villages - $24
2007 Domaine Des Hauts Chassis Crozes-Hermitage - $34
2001 Danjean-Berthoux Givry Domaine du Moulin Neuf - $20

Based solely on price, I'm not expecting much from 5 of the 6. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

5 and 6 aren't Burgs. Crozes-Hermitage is Syrah from the Rhone and Domain du Moulin is Gamay, as while technically located in Bourgone, could never be confused with Pinot Noir.

I that when the wines are 09 and 10, you really are tasting their fruit and structure, so don't spend the entire pay check on just one unless you plan on aging it for many years. I won't get near the 2010 Trapet Rossignol for 10-15 years. I do want to try some '08's though and I will probably head down and pick some up Friday. I did pull a Laboure-Roi Gevrey-Chambertin from 2005 that should be drinking nice now. I will probably pull the cork Wednesday or Thursday. It's the only Laboure-Roi I have and since the scandal, I just want them out of my cellar. I really love the '05 vintage, so if it isn't up to par, I will be a bit disappointed, village wine or not.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 44
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 3:04:46 AM   
S1

The Givry is PN and does qualify as Burgundy (just don't ask me to extend that to Beaujolais [2010 Jean-Claude Lapalu Brouilly Vieilles Vignes], although technically part of the region) The Brouilly IS Gamay Noir à Jus Blanc, not Pinot Noir.

The Crozes-Hermitage will be a N. Rhone Syrah as Dave points out

I'd pop the Givry first. 2001 is one of my fave Burg vintages but Givry might be nearing the end of its life unless impeccably stored.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 45
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 5:14:58 AM   
ramwines

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

The Givry is PN and does qualify as Burgundy (just don't ask me to extend that to Beaujolais [2010 Jean-Claude Lapalu Brouilly Vieilles Vignes], although technically part of the region) The Brouilly IS Gamay Noir à Jus Blanc, not Pinot Noir.

The Crozes-Hermitage will be a N. Rhone Syrah as Dave points out

I'd pop the Givry first. 2001 is one of my fave Burg vintages but Givry might be nearing the end of its life unless impeccably stored.

Thanks for keeping me straight guys. This is what I get for relying on the wine shop's bottle sorting. Guess I should have looked closer at the CT description.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 46
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 7:29:53 AM   
Old Doug

The drink 'em young or drink 'em old question is an interesting one. Personally, I think it's fun to do both - there are a lot of red Burgs that are really good at both ends of the age spectrum.

2009 Ken Wright Pinot Noir Willamette Valley - had this one recently, and to me it seemed like it was in a sweet spot between young and old, and also between "new world" and "old world" styles. It's still very young, of course, but it did not hit me at all like the more "normal" fruit-forward, unrestrained effect of many California Pinot Noirs.

Mindmuse and I tasted over 20 PN's from 2002 a while back, half from France, half from California. No idea what it tasted like when it was a baby, but there was one of the French ones that was in the perfect spot, and most people picked it as their overall favorite. Smoky leather and mushroom - that's what I remember now, and you just knew you were both drinking a "really good wine" as well as one that was properly aged to get to that point.

It would be cool to have a time machine and be able, at that instant, to go back and taste that same wine year-by-year, say, to see the evolution. Some people have such prodigious sensory and memory capabilities :: cough cough Paul S. cough cough :: that they can mentally peg wines over time in that way; but I'd like the time machine.

Recently also had two different California PN's, quite young, with a varied group of people - wine beginners to quite knowledgeable, and some who prefer dry wines to sweet, and vice-versa, and some who prefer "old" wines over "young," and vice-versa there too. By near-universal acclamation, both wines were deemed very good and pleasurable to drink right now. Not cloyingly sweet or fruity, but still massively "new world" and young, and yet everybody liked them.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 47
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 8:55:59 AM   
champagneinhand

I had a big let down as far as my ordered 2010 Rossignol Trapet Chambertin, as it turns out that I will be getting the Chapelle Chambertin, but its backordered, so who knows when it will come in. I guess that one will get stored for drinking in a decade or so. The other option was the Latricies-Chambertin, and I wasn't so sure on that one.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 48
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 9:30:55 AM   
Robert Pavlovich

Latricies ain't no joke.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 49
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 10:19:04 AM   
ramwines

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Doug

The drink 'em young or drink 'em old question is an interesting one. Personally, I think it's fun to do both - there are a lot of red Burgs that are really good at both ends of the age spectrum.

2009 Ken Wright Pinot Noir Willamette Valley - had this one recently, and to me it seemed like it was in a sweet spot between young and old, and also between "new world" and "old world" styles. It's still very young, of course, but it did not hit me at all like the more "normal" fruit-forward, unrestrained effect of many California Pinot Noirs.

Mindmuse and I tasted over 20 PN's from 2002 a while back, half from France, half from California. No idea what it tasted like when it was a baby, but there was one of the French ones that was in the perfect spot, and most people picked it as their overall favorite. Smoky leather and mushroom - that's what I remember now, and you just knew you were both drinking a "really good wine" as well as one that was properly aged to get to that point.

It would be cool to have a time machine and be able, at that instant, to go back and taste that same wine year-by-year, say, to see the evolution. Some people have such prodigious sensory and memory capabilities :: cough cough Paul S. cough cough :: that they can mentally peg wines over time in that way; but I'd like the time machine.

Recently also had two different California PN's, quite young, with a varied group of people - wine beginners to quite knowledgeable, and some who prefer dry wines to sweet, and vice-versa, and some who prefer "old" wines over "young," and vice-versa there too. By near-universal acclamation, both wines were deemed very good and pleasurable to drink right now. Not cloyingly sweet or fruity, but still massively "new world" and young, and yet everybody liked them.

Well you're hitting on my biggest obstacle with my Burgundy Project. Finding a selection of older Burgundies, at a reasonable price, to make comparisons to. Living in northern Nevada, the predominant wines locally are from west coast. The local shops really don't have the selection that other parts of the country do. That may not be true in the San Francisco or LA area, but there is a much larger, and probably more sophisticated, wine clientele there.

As far as New World Pinots go, I have a fairly large cellar of about 440 from CA. Of which about 8% is 2005 or older and 50% 2008 or older. Many of my Pinots age very well, Rochioli, Dehlinger and Williams Selyem for example. Don't know if you are familiar with Pinots from Rochioli and Dehlinger, but they are made in a true Burgundy fashion. They're not just big fruit bomb.

Then there are the Pinots like Kosta Browne which are big, high alcohol, luscious wines made to be drank in the first 5 years or so. Personally, I think there is a place for those Pinots too. They are really good, although maybe not recognizable as burgundy in France. Full disclosure, about 30% of my Pinots are Kosta Browne. Did I say I like their style?

Ken Wright is a personal friend of a friend of mind here in NV. In fact my friend has a cellar full of Oregon Pinots to match my CA cellar. So I drink a good amount of OR Pinots alongside my CA wines. In general, my preference leans toward CA. I find the earthy barnyard features in many OR Pinots just a little too much to get around.

I'm rambling and not really sure what my original point was. Guess I'll just have to keep at my little project through the winter and see were I'm at next Spring.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 50
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 6:54:34 PM   
ramwines

Initial impression of Burgundy #7. Opened & decanted about 15 min. ago at Whispering Vine Wine shop. 2009 Gachot-Monot Cote de Nuits-Villages. Price $24.

First taste: nice nose of earth and bacon. Nice fruit, some chocolate on the finish, well balanced. Looking forward to the next hour or so.

< Message edited by ramwines -- 11/28/2012 7:25:11 AM >

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 51
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 7:15:00 PM   
Old Doug

Richard, very good posts. Hey man, it's your thread, you sure as heck should be allowed to ramble a little. You've got about a crillion times more Pinot Noir and experience with it than I do. If anything, I'm struck by just how much the wine can change in the bottle. Perhaps it's a romantic notion, but seems to me that at times there is an undefinable magic going on, red Burgundies that are not overtly powerful nevertheless taking powerful hold of us, the tasters, as if there is some secret mineral hidden within, that our bodies have desperately craved for years.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 52
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 9:07:38 PM   
Paul S

Great post Doug! Haha... I do not know what the source of the magic is, but I am hoping that Richard stumbles upon a bottle of it sooner rather than later!

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 53
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/27/2012 10:05:34 PM   
Old Doug

Paul. I am fighting such an urge to order a bunch of expensive wine right now.

(in reply to Paul S)
Post #: 54
My Burgundy Project - Bottle #7 - 11/28/2012 7:56:32 AM   
ramwines

November 27, 2012: "My Burgundy Project" Bottle #7 - 2009 Domaine Gachot-Monot Côte de Nuits Villages.
Purchased from Whispering Vine Wine Company - Reno - $24 Rated 90
Open & decanted, consumed over the next 2 hours.

Initial nose of earth and bacon. Nice fruit, some chocolate on the finish, well balanced. Acidity not overwhelming.

Overall impression, this Burgundy continued to taste better through the evening with more fruits and berries showing on the palette. The finish continued
to be very enjoyable without any appreciable tartness that I have noticed in some Burgundies. This wine is drinking very nicely right now. For the $24 price tag this was an experience that I want to repeat.

I rated this 90 points and consider it the one of the most enjoyable Burgundy I've experienced so far in my relatively short-lived project. Right up there with bottle #2, the 2007 Domaine Robert Chevillon Nuits St. Georges Les Bousselots

I'm going to put a couple more bottles in the cellar and watch how this progresses over the next couple of years.

Previous Burgundy Project notes:
My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary.
Bottle #6 2009 Château Philippe-le-Hardi Mercurey 1er Cru Les Puillets.

2009 Domaine Gachot-Monot Côte de Nuits Villages

< Message edited by ramwines -- 12/2/2012 7:18:24 AM >

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 55
RE: My Burgundy Project - Bottle #7 - 11/28/2012 8:15:44 AM   
grafstrb

2009 Burgundy can be so incredibly delicious right now, Richard --- as long as you don't get one that's closed down really really hard, as I did recently with a bottle of '09 Taupenot Merme 1er La Riotte. Of course, the '09's will continue to improve in the cellar, but so many are just right sexy these days!

Keep the posts coming, brother ---- I love reading this thread!

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 56
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/28/2012 8:41:25 AM   
ramwines

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Doug

Richard, very good posts. Hey man, it's your thread, you sure as heck should be allowed to ramble a little. You've got about a crillion times more Pinot Noir and experience with it than I do. If anything, I'm struck by just how much the wine can change in the bottle. Perhaps it's a romantic notion, but seems to me that at times there is an undefinable magic going on, red Burgundies that are not overtly powerful nevertheless taking powerful hold of us, the tasters, as if there is some secret mineral hidden within, that our bodies have desperately craved for years.

Thanks for the great reply Doug. I know what you mean by the magic in the bottle. I've experienced it with some Rochioli SV Pinots. The 01 East block is a perfect example. I've enjoyed a half a case over the past 7 years and have been amazed at how this wine continues to develop its structure and balance. I've got one bottle left which I'm holding for a special occasion in 2013.

I haven't found the comparable Burgundy yet, but it could be right in front of me and I just don't recognize it. Truth is, my experience with the '01 Rochioli could only be realized with the years that it took to unfold. Like most magic, you don't realize that something magical is happening until it's been happening for awhile. That's when it changes from just an experience to something mystical.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 57
RE: New Burgs for the Project - 11/28/2012 8:54:05 AM   
pjaines

Agree with Grafs - keep the posts coming - very interesting read.

My new DJ stuff....

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 58
RE: My Burgundy Project - Bottle #7 - 11/28/2012 8:54:05 AM   
ramwines

quote:

ORIGINAL: grafstrb

2009 Burgundy can be so incredibly delicious right now, Richard --- as long as you don't get one that's closed down really really hard, as I did recently with a bottle of '09 Taupenot Merme 1er La Riotte. Of course, the '09's will continue to improve in the cellar, but so many are just right sexy these days!

Keep the posts coming, brother ---- I love reading this thread!

Thanks for the encouragement, Brian. As for last night's Burgundy, I'm definitely going to put a few bottle in the cellar. At $24 per, I can't pass them up.

I'm a little concerned about the fate of my project over the next five months. I'm heading to our beach house in Mexico next week and although there is a lot of international wines available in the Puerto Vallarta area, I'm not sure about French Burgundies. I'm planing on taking a case with me that should keep the project going for a couple of months, but not sure what will happen after that. Worse case, I'll take a little sabbatical until May and suffer through the winter with the plethora of Argentinian Malbecs available south of the border.

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 59
RE: My Burgundy Project - Bottle #7 - 11/28/2012 9:01:01 AM   
grafstrb

Yeah, the worst that will happen is that the absence will make your heart grow fonder!

I notice you have zero bottles of Arcadian in your cellar, and have also never "consumed" one. Is that true? If, "yes," you have been M-I-S-S-I-N-G OUT, my friend!

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> My Burgundy Project - First Five Summary Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI