CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand - 2/17/2013 3:59:11 AM   
noppakit s.

quote:

ORIGINAL: KPB

You are just showing off. Ok, you have deep pockets.

So now tell me something I can't learn from reviews on the WA and WS sites. For example: what did Robert Parker get wrong?

Good question !!!

I used to be a big fan of RP and I used to believe in what he said. He started with good reviews and great book " Bordeaux " but what did he get wrong.

Once he tasted some sleeping wines and the wines didn't perform any good things then he rated those wines 60-75/100. That's big mistake.

For example : Mouton Rothschild 1973, I got this bottle from Swiss friend and I believe it's too bad to drink. I kept the wine until I just want to know how bad it is. I took it to drink with Japanese friend in Bangkok.

It was very beautiful like Burgundy, sweet and smooth with long finished. My sommelier friend rated 93/100. Surprise !!!

I went back to Zurich and bought 6 bottles more. I tasted it again and again. Some bottles I rated 89-90/100 but the best bottle can be reached 94/100.

RP's mistake was he never went back to taste those wines again after he put the words " Serious decline " on them.

Latour 1970 used to get 99/100 but recently it was 89/100. I know what happened when I heard that. During 2005-2008, Latour 1970 went to a deep sleep and started to wake up in 2009. I rated 99/100 when I tested it in May 2010.

I don't have much things to do except testing the wine (not tasting), I don't drink good wines with food. I need just snack or a piece of bread.

I'm keep on drinking and testing Mouton Rothschild from 1970-2000 and I found out that 1972 is not good but can not confirm. I should do the 2nd testing to make sure.

What did RP get wrong ?

I understand that he doesn't have enough time to enjoy a whole bottle at the moment but it's good that we all have this website to share our opinions.

I was wrong and made many mistake too until now I believe that every bottle of wine has its prime time. If we drink it at the right moment then we can rate it. It's not fair to give the score on the under-performance of each wine.

1st Growth is 1st Growth : Always great and longevity.

" Trust Your Instinct "

< Message edited by noppakit s. -- 2/26/2013 8:48:21 PM >

drink less drink the best

(in reply to KPB)
Post #: 91
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/17/2013 4:13:22 AM   
noppakit s.

Now I'm in Paris and enjoy this 5-10 USD per bottle. Just to remind good value wine and character of the vintage 2010/2011. (Tasting Note in Thai)

Blaye 2010 : 92-93/100 ไวน์เหรียญเงินราคา 150 บาท นี่คือไวน์ที่ดื่้มได้สบายใจที่สุด Lกฮ 12.5% หอมนวลๆโอ๊คบางๆเหมือนเบอกันดี้แน่นๆ เป็นไวน์ฺที่เมื่อก่อนผมเลือกมาดื่มบ่อยๆ ดื่มกับอาหาร ดื่มเล่นๆกับเพื่อน เจอตัวไหนเก๋ๆก็หอบหิ้วกลับไปดื่มต่อบางกอก

ตัวนี้เด่นที่กลิ่นไส้ดินสอปนกับโอ๊คสวยๆ กลิ่นครีมมี่นิดๆ อืม...จัดรายละเอียดเข้ามาเกินราคา น้ำเนื้อกลางๆ แอซิดดี ดื่มอร่อย จบหอมกรุ่นที่โพรงจมูกปล่อยหางดรายๆลงไปที่ลำคอ ว่าจะชิมแค่แก้วเดียวแต่หยุดไม่อยู่...ไวน์แสดงโครงสร้างที่งดงามของวินเทจ...ดื่มแล้วยิ้ม...โครงแทนนินเด่นแต่ไม่ขื่น...

Saumur Champigny 2011 : 92-94/100 เลือกอยู่นานว่า 2011 จะซื้ออะไรมาลองดื่มดี ขาวจาก Loire หรือ Cotes du Rhone...สรุปว่ามาลงที่นี่ Cabernet Franc 100% จากประสบการณ์...ไวน์ตัวนี้จะอร่อยเมื่อเวลาผ่านไป 48 hrs หลังจากเปิดขวดโดยปิดจุกเอาไว้ทุกครั้งที่ดื่มเสร็จ

กลิ่นโอ๊คเก่าปนมากับกลิ่นองุ่น Cab Franc กลิ่นไม้หอมๆที่ได้ความสุกขององุ่นในวินเทจ 2011 เข้ามาช่วย กลิ่นไม่แข็งกระด้างเหมือน 2009 นั่นไง...สัมผัสแรก...แอซิดค่อนไปทางต่ำ...มีเค็ม...รสกลมกล่อม...โครงน้ำเนื้อเฟิมกลั้วได้นานๆ...อืม...สมควรที่ได้รางวัล...หอมตกค้างในปาก...คราบแอซิดติดตามกระพุ้งแก้ม...น้ำลายสอ...ไวน์เท่ห์ดีครับ Lกฮ 13% และมีไดเมนชั่น ดื่มแล้วนึกอยากจะไปเจอใครหลงๆลืมๆไวน์ตัวนี้เอาไว้ในเซลล่าร์สัก 15-20 ปี...กลิ่นน่าจะออกไปทางบ้านไร่ปลายทุ่งนุ่มแน่นหวานอร่อย....คิดถูกแล้วที่ซื้อมาลองดื่ม...แหม...ดื่มแล้วคิดถึงภูกระดึง...นึกถึงซิการ์ดีๆ...ขวดนี้ 250 บาท...

Bourgueil 2011 : 95/100 นี่ก็ Cabernet Franc 100% กลิ่นกระเดียดออกไปทาง Chinon เนียนๆ โอ๊คสวยๆ สีโปร่งสวยและสไตล์ของกลิ่นก็คล้ายไวน์เบอกันดี้ กลิ่นค่อนข้างลงตัวมากๆ น้ำเนื้อเนียนและนวลเกาะกันลื่นไหลไปมาออกแนวหนืดนิดๆ กลมกล่อมแต่แอบมีเผ็ดบางๆพอให้รู้สึกได้ จบมีหวานฟรู๊ตและมีเค็มบางๆเคลือบ ไวน์โปร่งๆไม่แน่นทึบ โครงแทนนินงดงาม เอาล่ะสิ...ตัวก่อนหน้านี้ออกบ้านๆจริงใจแต่ตัวนี้เน้นฝีมือปรุงแต่งให้ใจหวั่นไหว...ขวดนี้ราคาก็ 250 บาท...อืม...พลังตอนปลายส่งอำนาจในการพริ้วไหวได้มากกว่า...ดรายผ่าวร้อนอบอุ่นที่ลำคอ...ให้คะแนนลำบาก...มิน่าถึงเหลือวางอยู่แค่ขวดเดียว...มันดีอย่างนี้นี่เอง...พลังแอลกอฮอล์ค่อยๆหลุดออกมาไม่มีสะดุด...นาน...นาน...

St.Nicolas de Bourgueil Les Arpents : Famille Amirault-Grosbois นายแน่มาก !!!

< Message edited by noppakit s. -- 2/17/2013 4:23:20 AM >

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 92
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/17/2013 5:37:30 AM   
pclin

Excellent notes, except I have no idea what you are writing about. Looks like a bunch of Loire wines. Care to translate into English.

Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei

(in reply to noppakit s.)
Post #: 93
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/17/2013 6:10:53 AM   
noppakit s.

quote:

ORIGINAL: pclin

Excellent notes, except I have no idea what you are writing about. Looks like a bunch of Loire wines. Care to translate into English.

Here there are...

Blaye 2010 : 92-93/100 (5 Euro) This is a very good value wine, nice 'n' easy 12.5% Hints of light toasted oak like Oregon Pinot Noir. I used to drink this wine for many years. Good table wine to drink with food. I took some bottles to drink with friends in Bangkok.

This bottle has lead pencil smell combined with mild oak, a little bit creamy, nice in detail. Medium-bodied, moderate tannin, fresh and delicious. Soft robust aftertaste with lovely dry finished. Express style of the vintage. It puts a smile on my face.

Saumur Champigny 2011 : 92-94/100 I have to choose between Loire and Cotes du Rhone...Finally Cabernet Franc 100% is the answer. From my experience, this young wine needs 48 hrs to get right on track after removing cork.

Smell of used barrel and Cab Franc, nice woody along with good fruits of the vintage 2011 that make it more soft than 2009. Low acidity, a bit salty but round and firm in structure. Aftertaste leaves the acid in the mouth, good austere style. Alcohol 13% and it would be nice if we can find it left in the cellar 15-20 years. Good to drink outdoor with a Havana cigar. (8 Euro)

Bourgueil 2011 : 95/100. This is Cabernet Franc 100% as well. Very much like Chinon, elegant nose, nice oak, beautiful clear ruby color, hints of Burgundy Pinot Noir and complex. Medium-bodied, silky texture, round with a tiny spice. Beautiful tannic. Sweet fruit on its finished, a well-made wine. Mmm...vibrant and lovely dry witha long finished. It was the only bottle left in the shop that means top selling. (9 Euro) That's awesome !!!

St.Nicolas de Bourgueil Les Arpents : Famille Amirault-Grosbois

< Message edited by noppakit s. -- 2/17/2013 6:13:56 AM >

(in reply to pclin)
Post #: 94
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/17/2013 7:34:23 AM   
dbg

quote:

ORIGINAL: noppakit s.

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

OK, this last picture is by far the most interesting.

I have had the pleasure of spending two weekends in Bangkok - had a great time being a tourist, buying lots of jewelry (most at very good prices), haggling for taxi cabs, perusing the weekend market, and eating lots of spicy food washed down with Singha. For me, Bangkok is HOT and humid, so ice cold beer is the only alcohol I have sought out.

I have spent more time in Singapore, and think of that as an outdoor cafe and beer culture as well - which makes sense given the weather.

This picture shows a European style restaurant (bread, cutlery) - are they common now in Bangkok? Are there now many wine clubs like it appears this picture shows? Where do you procure your wine - how do you ensure provenance given the typical weather that a shipper faces? The wines in the pictures are stunning - and none of them appear to have been damaged by heat based on the TN's - how do you do that?

Look forward to learning more

I'm working for the airline and so lucky that I can bring wines into the cabin. I have my big cellars in Zurich, good selections. I bring the bottles to BKK when it's ready to drink or we're ready to test those wines.

There are many good restaurants in BKK for enjoying the wine. I have 2-3 favorite places to organize great wine-testing (not tasting) with good food that's not nice for the great wine because of its wonderful smell.

I always drinking all those wines in Bangkok because in other city around the world I can not control the time. People out there drink wine with food. That's not for the delicate wines.

As you said, I also love drinking beer with a great Havana cigar for relaxing in Thailand as well.

Noppakit, I'm surprised to hear that you don't like to drink wine with food. This is especially surprising coming from someone who seems to drink a lot of high-end Burgundy. Most would say these are made for drinking with a meal, as opposed to some of the riper, higher alcohol California wines, Chateauneufs and Bordeaux. Care to elaborate?

David G

Post #: 95
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/17/2013 8:38:39 AM   
noppakit s.

IMO, wine to drink with food should be easy delicious like Lynch-Bages from normal vintage. I call this kind of wine " Table Wine " and if some bottles are delicate and full of detail, it's not fair to drink it with food. Should drink after main course and relax.

BTW, the smell of food is too bad when it overwhelms the beautiful scents of fine wines.

Last week I drank Latour 1961 and the aftertaste take almost 30 minutes to be finished. That's why I brought a magnum of Lafite 1984 to drink with meal.

Wine from normal vintage is always short in aftertaste. That's good for the food. For 1st Growth, the table wine must be Ch. Margaux but I don't have it at home.

I don't like easy wine because I used to drink many of them since 1993. That's enough.

Now I know what I really like and just want to focus on the good things. There are many kinds of people and hope you understand me.

I am abnormal. I don't like eating that much. I love to follow just the way wine goes.

...Everyday I always choose the wine first then order the food to get along with my wine...

" When I start to drink good wine, that means I finished my meal already. "

Cheer...

< Message edited by noppakit s. -- 2/17/2013 8:45:22 AM >

(in reply to dbg)
Post #: 96
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/17/2013 9:33:55 AM   
Ibetian

PP?

Post #: 97
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/18/2013 7:00:12 PM   
DP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ibetian

PP?

Starting to look that way. Shame.

(in reply to Ibetian)
Post #: 98
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/18/2013 7:28:14 PM   
rwilk_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: DP

quote:

PP?

Been thinking that for awhile.

It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

(in reply to DP)
Post #: 99
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/18/2013 7:42:13 PM   
fanglangzhe

What does "PP" mean?

(in reply to rwilk_2000)
Post #: 100
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/18/2013 7:47:42 PM   
Robert Pavlovich

quote:

ORIGINAL: fanglangzhe
What does "PP" mean?

Was just about to ask that, doesn't sound good though.

(in reply to fanglangzhe)
Post #: 101
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/18/2013 8:47:02 PM   
ytsai

quote:

What does "PP" mean?

An urban legend...

I am beginning to think Izzy was send to Taiwan last year to investigate if I am related to PP

< Message edited by ytsai -- 2/18/2013 9:02:04 PM >

Post #: 102
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 5:38:36 AM   
jrockman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ytsai

quote:

What does "PP" mean?

An urban legend...

... in her own mind.

(in reply to ytsai)
Post #: 103
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 6:05:27 AM   
fanglangzhe

Now, I'm really confused. PP is "an urban legend in her own mind"? What does that mean, can we start from the beginning?
quote:

ORIGINAL: jrockman

quote:

quote:

What does "PP" mean?

An urban legend...

... in her own mind.

(in reply to jrockman)
Post #: 104
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 6:21:22 AM   
thesternowl

oh boy...

Post #: 105
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 7:47:58 AM   
drycab

quote:

Now, I'm really confused. PP is "an urban legend in her own mind"? What does that mean, can we start from the beginning?

Actually, no. Not that we can't, but no one wants to!

"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" Edward VII

I wish I had some of that.......
I did....I drank it.......

Post #: 106
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 8:23:46 AM   
Robert Pavlovich

Perhaps some PM's are in order?

(in reply to drycab)
Post #: 107
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 10:11:04 AM   
thesternowl

Probably...and whoever is doing the PM'ing, please PM me too. I've only got bits and pieces of stuff since I became active after everything went "all quiet".

(in reply to Robert Pavlovich)
Post #: 108
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 10:36:18 AM   
crispino

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwilk_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: DP

quote:

PP?

Been thinking that for awhile.

Okay, I know I'm pretty new around here, but I did my homework and figured out the reference. However, I'm still confused, although now it's about something different. Namely: are you guys saying that you think this is the same actual person, or just doing the same kind of thing?

CT Secret Santa Compendium
CT Santa Profile

(in reply to rwilk_2000)
Post #: 109
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 12:10:52 PM   
Robert Pavlovich

Maybe better to keep it all a mystery.

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 110
RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand - 2/19/2013 1:41:02 PM   
champagneinhand

quote:

quote:

So now tell me something I can't learn from reviews on the WA and WS sites. For example: what did Robert Parker get wrong?

Good question !!!

I used to be a big fan of RP and I used to believe in what he said. He started with good reviews and great book " Bordeaux " but what did he get wrong.

Once he tasted some sleeping wines and the wines didn't perform any good things then he rated those wines 60-75/100. That's big mistake.

For example : Mouton Rothschild 1973, I got this bottle from Swiss friend and I believe it's too bad to drink. I kept the wine until I just want to know how bad it is. I took it to drink with Japanese friend in Bangkok.

It was very beautiful like Burgundy, sweet and smooth with long finished. My sommelier friend rated 93/100. Surprise !!!

I went back to Zurich and bought 6 bottles more. I tasted it again and again. Some bottles I rated 89-90/100 but the best bottle can be reached 94/100.

RP's mistake was he never went back to taste those wines again after he put the words " Serious decline " on them.

Latour 1970 used to get 99/100 but recently it was 89/100. I know what happened when I heard that. During 2005-2008, Latour 1970 went to a deep sleep and started to wake up in 2009. I rated 99/100 when I tested it in May 2010.

I don't have much things to do except testing the wine (not tasting), I don't drink good wines with food just snack or a piece of bread. I'm keep on drinking and testing Mouton Rothschild from 1970-2000 and I found out that 1972 is not good but can not confirm. I should do the 2nd testing to make sure.

What did RP get wrong ?

I understand that he doesn't have enough time to enjoy a whole bottle at the moment but it's good that we all have this website to share our opinions.

I was wrong and made many mistake too until now I believe that every bottle of wine has its prime time. If we drink it at the right moment then we can rate it. It's not fair to give the score on the under performance of each wine.

" Trust Your Instinct "

This has been talked about a lot on the forum and other boards, but you have to understand R. Parker is not a fan of aged wines. The guy has been drinking young wines from Barrel Samples and then again after its ready to be released in the bottle for so long it has become an acquired taste. There is nothing wrong with this as all of our palates change over time, but this is his occupation and life. James Suckling is similar. Tanzer doesn't predict the future of the wines down the road, he gives you what is in the bottle in front of him. Now Tanzer is starting to re-drink wines he tasted on release after much criticism about this, though I believe its one of the best to trust, on how the wine is now, compared to a palate that likes the young and aged bottles. RP, and JS, know based on experience what wines should do based on their primal components, but this has taken time. I don't go with them on older vintages before '82, period. I don't go with WA on Burgs, most of the time, and I disagree with WS (Bruce) on most wines. I do like Parkers predictions to some point, but scale it back a bit. I like many of Sucklings predictions too, just not on Super Tuscans.

If you understand where they are coming from, with all those initial tastings, then you can go on from there. Its like drink freshly roasted coffee at the source vs. bought from the stores. Totally a different experience, and those who learn to like the freshly dried then roasted, almost alwasy buy their own roasters, and get a bit fanatical about coffee. That's just where their tastes have taken them. I use peple I know that have similar palates on the forum, for older bottles, and the guy at my local who has been going to Bdx since 1967 is a great resource. He does like young wines too, but prefers aged. After selling his stock out to Wegmans, his house is still stuffed with old Bordeaux and Burgundy. The guy is 80 and keeps the house filled, even though he entertains frequently. I have yet to get the personal invite, but he does a raffle every year, for charity and takes a couple with him on one of his tasting trips to Bordeaux, Burgundy and Champagne. You can't buy that kind of experience, but loads of people buy raffle tickets just for the hope and for the charity to a local camp for special need kids.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

Post #: 111
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 1:43:58 PM   
champagneinhand

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrockman

quote:

quote:

What does "PP" mean?

An urban legend...

... in her own mind.

[/quote

On of the P's is the daughter of a King, the other is a hill in St. Emillion. That's all the help I'll give, but great to search the threads on this or the TNs. Look up 1990 or 1999 DRC La Tache.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

Post #: 112
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 3:02:26 PM   
Robert Pavlovich

Thanks guys, I'm a big fan of PP. Her love for Margaux is also notable.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 113
RE: drink less drink the best - 2/19/2013 5:41:32 PM   
ikileo

Ohhhh I get the PP thing now. Wasn't around on CT long enough to be there for that spot of fun.
Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. But living vicariously is rather fun no?

A bottle a day keeps my money away.

(in reply to Robert Pavlovich)
Post #: 114
RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand - 2/19/2013 11:30:09 PM   
noppakit s.

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

quote:

quote:

Good question !!!

I don't have much things to do except testing the wine (not tasting), I don't drink good wines with food just snack or a piece of bread. I'm keep on drinking and testing Mouton Rothschild from 1970-2000 and I found out that 1972 is not good but can not confirm. I should do the 2nd testing to make sure.

What did RP get wrong ?

I was wrong and made many mistake too until now I believe that every bottle of wine has its prime time. If we drink it at the right moment then we can rate it. It's not fair to give the score on the under performance of each wine.

" Trust Your Instinct "

This has been talked about a lot on the forum and other boards, but you have to understand R. Parker is not a fan of aged wines. The guy has been drinking young wines from Barrel Samples and then again after its ready to be released in the bottle for so long it has become an acquired taste. There is nothing wrong with this as all of our palates change over time, but this is his occupation and life. James Suckling is similar. Tanzer doesn't predict the future of the wines down the road, he gives you what is in the bottle in front of him. Now Tanzer is starting to re-drink wines he tasted on release after much criticism about this, though I believe its one of the best to trust, on how the wine is now, compared to a palate that likes the young and aged bottles. RP, and JS, know based on experience what wines should do based on their primal components, but this has taken time. I don't go with them on older vintages before '82, period. I don't go with WA on Burgs, most of the time, and I disagree with WS (Bruce) on most wines. I do like Parkers predictions to some point, but scale it back a bit. I like many of Sucklings predictions too, just not on Super Tuscans.

If you understand where they are coming from, with all those initial tastings, then you can go on from there. Its like drink freshly roasted coffee at the source vs. bought from the stores. Totally a different experience, and those who learn to like the freshly dried then roasted, almost alwasy buy their own roasters, and get a bit fanatical about coffee. That's just where their tastes have taken them. I use peple I know that have similar palates on the forum, for older bottles, and the guy at my local who has been going to Bdx since 1967 is a great resource. He does like young wines too, but prefers aged. After selling his stock out to Wegmans, his house is still stuffed with old Bordeaux and Burgundy. The guy is 80 and keeps the house filled, even though he entertains frequently. I have yet to get the personal invite, but he does a raffle every year, for charity and takes a couple with him on one of his tasting trips to Bordeaux, Burgundy and Champagne. You can't buy that kind of experience, but loads of people buy raffle tickets just for the hope and for the charity to a local camp for special need kids.

Don't misunderstood.

I'm trying to say a logical thing. If you're the owner of 1st Growth wine then you have to keep standard of your wine even from the bad vintage. If you want to make it, you have to try very hard to sell with positive than negative feedback.

Like Petrus some vintage never been produced.

And I'm trying to talk about life of wine. It's opened and closed every 3-5 years as I've been following to drink many wines once a year. Even the manager of Ch.Palmer told me about that when I visited Bordeaux in 2006.

The point is, if the wine closed or sleep, it will be opened up or wake up again. Don't judge or give it a bad score by only 1 sip or only drinking 1 bottle.

If the wine was bad at that moment, we must come back to it again in next few years.

That's logic.

Grand Cru is Grand Cru and First Growth is First Growth.

I'm not sure that we can talk everything here but let's say... if RP visits any Chateau in Bordeaux and he wants to drink something, the owner must bring those wines to him. If not, the score of that wine for the next vintage will be terrible.

I think you all know which Chateau I'm talkin' about.

A great wine from the great vintage with new technology.
How it becomes quite bad in score ???

Now I appreciate all the bottles.

Every wine has its prime time and pride.

...Dedicated to Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1984...

" You picked the grape at the perfect time, Great."

Cheers !!!

ps. Oh! PP...we are two of a kind, LOL.

< Message edited by noppakit s. -- 2/20/2013 12:15:14 AM >

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 115
RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand - 2/20/2013 8:49:25 PM   
noppakit s.

20.2.2013 @ Lyon, BKK

Champagne NV : Duval Leroy...Magnum is very good. 89-90/100

2009 Bourgogne Les Clous : Domaine A et P de Villaine...very nice move, DRC express !!! 92/100

1996 Corton-Charlemagne : Chartron et Trebouchet...Terroir express !!! very good with deep finished. 93/100

1966 Vosne-Romanee Les Suchot : Henri Noellat...46 years old and still very clean on top of the cork. Best condition I've ever had. A beautiful thing happens. Sweet, smooth, mild blowing finished. 93/100

2008 Richebourg : Thibault Liger-Belair... Great performance. 94-95/100

2009 La Grande Rue : Francois Lamarche... Very long finished. 100/100

1997 CdP : Rayas...Sweet like Musigny with the finished of great Chateauneuf du Pape. The promising. 93/100

Post #: 116
RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand - 2/21/2013 2:48:23 AM   
S1

If you are in fact PP, I will be very disappointed my friend
Another beautiful lineup.

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

Post #: 117
RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand - 2/21/2013 2:58:09 AM   
musedir

He/she certainly makes my plonk look even worse. Better not be PP!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 118
RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand - 2/21/2013 5:37:19 PM   
noppakit s.

I never drink Mouton Rothschild 1945 and La Tache 1999, not even 1 bottle in my cellar.

Anyway, last night I joined my friend's " Great Napa Evolution " and I like it.

2009 Schrader Old Sparky Magnum : Well-made 97/100
2009 Schrader T6 Beckstoffer to kalon ( top vineyard ) : Very Napa style. 95/100

2009 Scarecrow : Lovely full-bodied, easy to drink.93-94/100
2001 Sloan : Great wine. 98-99/100
2001 Maya : My favorite because of 45% Cab Franc. 94-95/100

2001 Bryant Family : Classic. 94/100
2004 levy : Very nice. 94/100

1999 Harlan Estate : Still very good even I already drank it so many times. 94/100
2005 Schrader CCS : Also very good but I prefer T6. 93/100

< Message edited by noppakit s. -- 2/21/2013 6:08:33 PM >

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 119
RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand - 2/21/2013 6:58:36 PM   
skifree

PP+

None of this sold in Europe. Pilots can't drink on layover. Cabin crew has no money.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Wine So Good @ Bangkok, Thailand Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI