CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

v3.0.0 (beta 1.2) Release Notes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v3.0.0 (beta 1.2) Release Notes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v3.0.0 (beta 1.2) Release Notes - 3/15/2005 3:07:42 PM   
Eric

The latest version of the beta has a number of small fixes and cleanups. I am getting ready to do the final push and turn this into the main site UI over the coming week. Meanwhile, the bulk of the new functionality in this latest release is specifically targeted to make CellarTracker more relevant and useful for restaurants. In particular, the largest cellar on the site is for The Pluckemin Inn, a New Jersy based restaurant that is opening up in a few weeks. I visited them for a couple of days and with their help a number of requirements surfaced. This release has the first wave of changes and feature additions for them.

1. I added a second type of barcode format that is less granular and easier to use in a restaurant and retail scenario. Up until now, CellarTracker has generated barcode labels that are unique to the specific bottle in your cellar. If you have sourced the same wine from multiple locations, this allows you to independently label and track those bottles. The new barcode format has a code that is the same for all bottles of the same size of the same wine. This might actually be appealing to consumers, so this is exposed as a general option.
    NOTE: in order for this to work for you, please download http://www.cellartracker.com/wineid.lwt and place it in "c:\Program Files\cellartracker\" on your Windows machine. Also note that only the label printing page in the NEWUI tree has support for generating these.
  2. For restaurant accounts, I have added new facilities that allow you to easily generate menu pricing without having to set a price for every wine in the cellar. (For example, the Pluckemin has close to 1,000 selections on their list.) Now, the sommelier will be able to create simple threshold based rules that allows him/her to specify the markup and rounding behavior at various price points. Per wine override are still supported. So for example:

Wines between $0.00 and $20.00; markup by 225.00%; round to the nearest $1.00
    Wines between $20.01 and $30.00; markup by 200.00%; round to the nearest $1.00
    Wines between $30.01 and $60.00; markup by 180.00%; round to the nearest $5.00
    Wines between $60.01 and $100.00; markup by 175.00%; round to the nearest $5.00
    Wines between $100.01 and $100,000.00; markup by 150.00%; round to the nearest $10.00

NOTE: There is no editing UI for these values yet. Please send mail to eric@cellartracker.com to adjust menu pricing threshold.

NOTE: Right now a number of these changes only appear for accounts that have a "restaurant" flag set on their account which for the moment is just Pluckemin Inn. If you are tracking a restaurant list using the site and wish to beta-test these features, please let me know and I can expose them to you. Please also note that when formally unveiled, the use of the site by commerical ventures (restaurants and retailers) will not be shareware.

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker
Post #: 1
RE: v3.0.0 (beta 1.2) Release Notes - 3/15/2005 8:22:09 PM   
muttt

I sincerely object to your being a party to those markups

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 2
RE: v3.0.0 (beta 1.2) Release Notes - 3/16/2005 7:54:12 AM   
Eric

A few things about the markups:

• They are not the real markups but rather just a quick brainstorm.
  • They are markups from distributor cost and not retail cost. Restaurants seem to get very good deals!
  • There are actually a lot of very competitive prices on their menu. I wish they were closer to me instead of 3,000 miles away!

Cheers!
-Eric LeVine

http://twitter.com/cellartracker
http://facebook.com/cellartracker

(in reply to muttt)
Post #: 3
RE: v3.0.0 (beta 1.2) Release Notes - 3/16/2005 10:28:56 AM   
muttt

:)

They have quite an impressive lineup... I may be "forced" to head down there when it opens.

(in reply to Eric)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> Release Notes >> v3.0.0 (beta 1.2) Release Notes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI