CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my business

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my business Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 12:44:08 PM   
GalvezGuy

I received a phone call from my new rep. She wondered why I don't buy anymore so I gave her the history. She is new to JJB and thought that I had been treated shabbily. She invited me to a local wine dinner and picked up the tab. So, I caved and have bought a few things. I feel so dirty

Burgundy makes you think of silly things; Bordeaux makes you talk about them; Champagne makes you do them.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 121
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 12:53:53 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: GalvezGuy

So, I caved and have bought a few things. I feel so dirty.

I'm proud of you, man.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 122
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 1:07:43 PM   
Wine_Strategies

quote:

So, I caved and have bought a few things. I feel so dirty

Not exactly your first rodeo there now, is it?

Tim

https://ItalianWine.Smugmug.com

https://www.italianwine.blog

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 123
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 1:20:10 PM   
Bob in NC

I stopped buying from JJB - last order was in March. Still waiting for some Rose that I bought in February and was suppose to be delivered in May (for Rose season).

My new rep doesn't send out the same type of offers as my old rep, Cory. My current rep sends out a lot of higher end wines that I don't buy. Cory had more offers in my wheelhouse.

Bob

(in reply to Wine_Strategies)
Post #: 124
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 1:22:53 PM   
GalvezGuy

The offers I have received lately has been stuff firmly in my wheelhouse.

Burgundy makes you think of silly things; Bordeaux makes you talk about them; Champagne makes you do them.

(in reply to Bob in NC)
Post #: 125
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 3:25:46 PM   
skifree

quote:

+1, including the 1986 Ducru Beaucaillou ex-chateau offered today.

As an aside, I see that wine and I always think of Count Dooku from Star Wars II. I mean, what were they drinking when they came up with that name?

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 126
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 3:42:45 PM   
mjobtx

I recently started back with them because we can now in Texas as GalvezGuy knows. Picked up a couple of really nice wines at fair prices last month. GalvezGuy can attest that it is hard getting access to many wines because the vast majority of wine retailers can't ship into Texas. That limits my sources.

PlanoWino

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 127
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 6:14:21 PM   
schwank

I have picked up a few more bottles despite some spring shipping issues. I will re-evaluate after fall shipping season as I am expecting perhaps three cases now. Hopefully the news posted is positive.

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 128
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 6:53:33 PM   
Wine_Strategies

It's been a year and 2 days since my last order/I said good bye. CT says I bought over 1100 bottles from them. Don't miss them a bit, which is sad in a way.

Tim

https://ItalianWine.Smugmug.com

https://www.italianwine.blog

(in reply to schwank)
Post #: 129
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/2/2014 7:17:34 PM   
recotte

First Cory left, then the guy I got after him left. Wasn't informed who my new guy would be and didn't hear from anyone, so I shot a note to the email address of the guy I had after Cory, hoping that it was still being monitored. I had some concerns about pending wine; Cory and I had reconciled their records with mine, but, since their website still isn't right, I wanted to make sure nothing was lost in the shuffle.

A bit to my surprise, I did get a fairly prompt response, and their inventory does indeed still square with mine, despite what the website reflects.

That said, I don't think I've gotten a private client offer since Cory left, and I haven't made a purchase in about 11 months. By their private client standards, I'm sure I'm a lightweight, having ordered a measly 172 bottles from them, and my life will go on.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to Wine_Strategies)
Post #: 130
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/29/2014 12:46:11 PM   
schwank

As of today I too am done with JJB. I asked my rep Roland to ship all pending wines and last week I received an incomplete shipment. I asked what was up and got no response. Asked again today and was told they will ship immediately.

About 1hr later I received another email that the missing bottles actually do not exist despite being marked as In Stock Ready to Ship. They are going to refund my money... which they have been sitting on for 12+ months now.

They shorted my last spring too... too bad I have a few futures still pending for next year delivery. But they won't get another penny of my money.

< Message edited by schwank -- 10/29/2014 12:48:39 PM >

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 131
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/29/2014 12:50:46 PM   
f22nickell

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

quote:

+1, including the 1986 Ducru Beaucaillou ex-chateau offered today.

As an aside, I see that wine and I always think of Count Dooku from Star Wars II. I mean, what were they drinking when they came up with that name?

Bwahahaha ... "Dooku drinking Ducru" ... Just saw this, too funny.

“ Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do. ”
— Ecclesiastes 9:7

F22nickell on CT ...
S_Nickell on WB ...

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 132
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/29/2014 1:07:24 PM   
kidsmurf2000

I shipped out the last of my wine (which was about 3 months late) a couple of weeks ago. Now my old rep John is back, and he's had some great offers this week... I'm just on a bit of a "not buying" streak right now, since we may be moving, but its tempting.

However, I'm still concerned about the utter mess that is the website, and their underlying inventory system.... I find prearrivals due to arrive 3 years ago, or due to arrive in 2020. WTF? And as much as their reps rocks, I want to be able to able to ship ny just clicking a few buttons...

(in reply to f22nickell)
Post #: 133
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/29/2014 3:33:00 PM   
msieurledocq

Serious question: how does a retailer function in 2014 with a website that doesn't list its inventory properly? I don't understand how people are supposed to shop with them.

(in reply to kidsmurf2000)
Post #: 134
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/29/2014 5:53:39 PM   
mtpisgah

I have only placed one order with them and was waiting until I built a case to have it shipped. I don't even get email offers from my rep so I am not very inclined to check their website. Kind of a disappointing experience.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to msieurledocq)
Post #: 135
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/30/2014 3:30:38 AM   
AngryPrez

Have to say that my experiences have been good so far - my rep (Jeff Loo) has been sending some rocking deals recently - he's a moratorium breaker for sure ...

I like to drink wine more than I used to. Anyway, I'm drinking more. - Don Corleone

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 136
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/30/2014 7:03:45 AM   
GalvezGuy

In the latest turn of events, they shuttered their Texas warehouse and shipped the wine they were holding for me back to Cali. Not even as much as an e-mail to warn me about what was happening. Shame on me.

(in reply to AngryPrez)
Post #: 137
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 10/30/2014 6:41:13 PM   
Bob in NC

The last 12 bottles I have with them are supposed to arrive on Monday. Six of the bottles are a Provence Rose that was originally advertised as being ready to ship in May for the Summer season - so much for having these for the summer. After numerous inquiries, they finally "found" 6 bottle of the rose that they can ship me. This will complete the remaining wines I had with them.

I've been disappointed with the offers I am getting from my rep, not in my wheelhouse like the offers I use to get from Cory. It will take something more then I am receiving now to get me to order from them again.

Bob

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 138
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/13/2014 10:07:32 PM   
recotte

So, I've had almost 6 cases with JJB for some time, and I've finally started to take delivery. For logistical reasons on my end, I'm breaking delivery into 4 shipments. The first shipment of two cases arrived earlier this week with no problem whatsoever--the exact bottles I requested, delivered when I wanted them.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest.

(in reply to Bob in NC)
Post #: 139
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/13/2014 11:10:42 PM   
grafstrb

I have a few JJB gift certificates I purchased a few years ago. After I use those, I will likely never shop with them again ... well, maybe not "never," but certainly not until they get a much more user-friendly website in operation.

This thread makes me worry that I'm going to have a hard time redeeming my gift certificates ---- I certainly hope that worry is ultimately unfounded.

Terroir is not a flavor.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 140
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/14/2014 6:07:18 PM   
champagneinhand

They are still going through transition. I really can't figure out why they just don't pull that inaccurate client info off the website. It's very unprofessional to have this so screwed up for over a year. I have noticed with my last shipment all wines having JJB inventoy coding stickers. Probably a good thing. Roland has been patient with me asking where the heck are my wines. He sends the spreadsheet. I guess it's all good, but my purchases have dropped to very, very small numbers. They have had some very good number of nice wines available and Roland is clear that they are all pre-orders with an estimated date for them to be in stock. Still, I have found other sources where I don't have to wonder about when and where. I didn't sign up to have this PC type of unreliability. Maybe that's not fair with 3 different owners in less than 18 months, but get your website back in some kind of working order and pull all of the bad misinformation about long term clients wines showing as in storage when they clearly are t as well as loads of absent purchases that only appear as they arrive at the warehouse. I've had a good run with them, but I won't be ordering any large quantities of futures ever. I need accurate info and I know my rep has been tasked with many duties besides sales. I see some old faces have returned, through Linked-in so hopefully they can right this ship because it's seriously listing. Free storage is great but shipping prices are almost on par with other large retailers though their economy air is still the best from the West Coast. I do think my rep has my likes firmly in the wheelhouse but again some strong competition on that. No offers for Beaucastel from 2011 or 2012? Glad I can source those easily.

I hate hearing we only received small parcels of certain wines that should have sold very easily. I'm looking for closer retailers now and back vintages. I need reasonable shipping and reliability. I've gone from about 4-5 consistent vendors to well over a dozen. That doesn't scream that you are getting preferred anything these days. Just my thoughts for now.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to grafstrb)
Post #: 141
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/21/2014 8:49:28 AM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

So, I've had almost 6 cases with JJB for some time, and I've finally started to take delivery. For logistical reasons on my end, I'm breaking delivery into 4 shipments. The first shipment of two cases arrived earlier this week with no problem whatsoever--the exact bottles I requested, delivered when I wanted them.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest.

So far 2-0 on shipments with 3 of 6 cases received as requested. Gives me a bit of hope that they're getting their act together.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 142
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/21/2014 11:34:04 AM   
GalvezGuy

Not me, I have gotten crickets since I inquired about what little wine I had purchased this summer.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 143
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/21/2014 12:30:19 PM   
fingers

I called Devon two days ago and told him that I believe I have 12 bottles ready to ship, but couldn't be sure because their site is still screwed up. I received a delivery notice from the offsite this morning and saw the shipping charges posted to my card so they are functioning and I'm back at zero with them. There have been a lot of offers in my interest wheelhouse lately but I'm holding off until I know they're back to the service level of pre-2013.

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 144
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/21/2014 1:35:58 PM   
musedir

Ditto. A new JJB person named Tracey Rose already failed my customer response with a discrepancy and essentially telling me to prove it or zip it... not that rude hut message delivered and received nonetheless. Frankly I can find politer and more helpful with a number of wine merchants.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 145
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/21/2014 3:24:05 PM   
skifree

I still have Roland as my guy. They sent me several small shipments, but when I looked, it still showed the wine in their warehouse (?).

A bunch of wine I ordered still does not show up on my "pending" list, so am keeping the spreadsheet current. Agree with CiH, this is frustrating and have stopped buying for now.

It is hard, though, their offers are tempting.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 146
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/22/2014 7:18:40 AM   
Big Joe

I built my cellar one year ago. Tracey from JJ Buckley found me and I have had zero issues. Hopefully your pain was from the past. So far so good. Happy Thanksgiving..

Big Joe

(in reply to Fire Bill)
Post #: 147
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/22/2014 7:22:37 AM   
Ibetian

Welcome to the Board, Big Joe!

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 148
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/22/2014 7:27:46 AM   
wadcorp

Welcome to the Forum, Big Joe!

It's all downhill from here.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to Big Joe)
Post #: 149
RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my busi... - 11/22/2014 9:42:31 AM   
musedir

Big Joe, welcome to the Forum.

As the Tracey, nope. Corey was my man at JJB for many years and despite a couple of bumps, no complaints of any note. Just after a series of highly visible and widely discussed screw-ups in 2013-14, the discrepancy I discovered became my burden of proof and no attempt by my new lady at JJB to reach out to help. The fact is I stayed with JJB because of access to white Frenchies for my bride at decent prices. Simple helpful customer service goes a long ways. She failed that expectation.

Enough.

Again Big Joe, welcome.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: JJ Buckley - Another Retailer that has lost my business Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI