CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Active Users

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Active Users - 12/12/2017 3:00:42 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

They don't list it as such, but since they grow Cab Sauv, PS, plus a few others, Corvus Cellars Cuvee likely fits the bill. http://www.corvuscellars.com/

I've enjoyed their Cab Sauv and PS/Syrah separately, not sure how they would work combined.

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 36661
RE: Active Users - 12/12/2017 5:46:25 PM   
khmark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: racerchris

A customer from PA stopped in today and, while he was here, mentioned that he makes his own wine -which got us talking about something other than cars.
I think he said that he and a couple buddies process over a ton of grapes each year and their current blend is 50/50 Cabernet/Petite Sirah.
I'm looking forward to receiving a bottle or two next time he stops by. :)

Anyone else familiar with a commercially available Cab/PS blend?

A Cab/PS blend doesn't sound appealing to me in the least, but then i was reminded that i did a small batch Malbec & PS last fall that was actually very good. 50/50 blend. The Cabernet Sauvignon would have to be very ripe IMO to balance the PS flavor profile.

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to racerchris)
Post #: 36662
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 3:33:12 AM   
musedir

Happy Hump Day all! Its a lovely (albeit freezing) day in Loachapoka. . Hope you have a fine one yourselves.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 36663
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 3:49:36 AM   
Eddie

It's 19F here, but hot coffee, hot herbal tea, and a nice breakfast are staving off the dark and cold. We had a lovely dinner last night....lamb&beef meatballs in our own tomato sauce, two different roasted root vegetable medleys, salad, and a Spanish old-vine Garnacha, along with a roaring fire in the fire place.

We're looking forward to Burgundy Thursday and a Vosne-Romanee tomorrow.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36664
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 12:18:06 PM   
wadcorp

As if dealing with my mother-in-law wasn't enough, we lost our dear Riley yesterday morning.

He lived from 2000-2017, but did not come to us until he was already 8 years old. Apparently, he had been in three prior households. I just cannot fathom how anyone could have given him up. He was the most intelligent, loving cat. Riley had been at the shelter for over three months. Seems most people want to adopt kittens. But we were looking for an adult cat. Can't say we were after a senior cat, but Riley spoke to us in some way, so we adopted him.

A year later we adopted Fiona, who was 2 years old when we got her. They have been such good buds to each other over the years.

Just Sunday, Riley was petting my face, trying to wake me up in the morning. He had been eating well. Chasing Fiona around the house. Playing with some of his toys. When I got up Monday, I noted that he had not touched his overnight food, which was not at all like him. Found him laying on his stomach, panting & drooling. Breathing heavy. I pet him, but he didn't want any of that. He walked away from me for about a yard, but he was very unsteady on his feet. I knew something was up, so I put him into his carrier & got him up to the vet's office by 7:30 a.m. While the staff was there, the veterinarian had not yet arrived, but they took Riley back to get his vitals.

Within five minutes they came out to say he had died.

Needless to say, this has his my wife & I like a tonne of bricks. So out of the blue. Yes, Riley was 17.5 years old, but sudden doesn't even begin to describe it. We are devastated.

I just want everyone to see a photo of Riley, and to let you know what a terrific cat he was. He can never be replaced.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36665
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 12:20:50 PM   
cookiefiend

oh my gosh - I'm so sorry Phil!
Words can't express how the loss of a loved pet can hurt so much.
We're thinking of you and I hope there is some comfort in knowing we all understand.

< Message edited by cookiefiend -- 12/13/2017 12:22:17 PM >

Dawn

'After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.'
Aldous Huxley

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36666
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 12:20:57 PM   
CranBurgundy

Very sorry for your loss Phil. Pets are another member of the family.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36667
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 12:23:59 PM   
musedir

Oh Phil, Marilyn and I are so sorry for your loss. It sounds like a merciful ending but that does not diminish the pain and loss you are experiencing.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 36668
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 12:24:34 PM   
dontime

So very sorry Phil. A beautiful cat for sure. Been there, so I can understand your devastation. Please know we all hurt a little when someone we know has to go through this.
d

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

Post #: 36669
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 1:01:15 PM   
BobMilton

Sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet can be very hard. Hang in there.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36670
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 1:16:34 PM   
racerchris

Your story makes me feel like crying.

Chris Foley
Searching for very good to excellent, cheap Bordeaux
stainlesswineracks.com

(in reply to BobMilton)
Post #: 36671
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 2:24:16 PM   
PinotPhile

Phil, I am sorry for your loss. A member of the family, with such beautiful eyes! And bless you and your dear spouse for adopting "older" cats.

Please take care.

PP

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36672
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 2:31:16 PM   
jmcmchi

Sorry about Riley

My daughter also has a Riley, similar adoption story. He likes sitting on books while she is working Since she is a political scientist, she has lots of pictures of "Riley on Locke", "Riley on XXxxx"

(we think it's amusing anyway)

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36673
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 2:34:47 PM   
wadcorp

Really appreciate the comments, folks. It means a lot.

Both of us were totally wrecked on Monday. Now it's Wednesday, and I'm still looking over into spots where Riley used to hang out, expecting him to be there. Fiona seems to be doing the same.

I'd brought Riley home from the vet's office. Figured that showing him to Fiona would make her aware that he was gone, but she didn't want to go near the box that Riley was in. Now, she's wondering where he is.

This is going to take a while. Like I said, there was something extra-special about Riley. Not trying to diminish anything about our other pets, who we cared deeply about. But Riley was pretty amazing.

Had a conversation with our vet early this afternoon. He was just as shocked at how sudden this was. His opinion (based on my description of what was going on before I brought him in) was that Riley likely had a stroke in the early morning hours. It progressed & likely is what did him in.

(in reply to cookiefiend)
Post #: 36674
RE: Active Users - 12/13/2017 2:40:44 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: PinotPhile

Phil, I am sorry for your loss. A member of the family, with such beautiful eyes! And bless you and your dear spouse for adopting "older" cats.

When we moved to Kansas City, we had just one cat, Daphne. After a couple years, we got Morgan from someone who was trying to give away kittens outside our veterinarian's office. Then a few years after that, we "acquired" Pearl, an all-white cat who had been abandoned in a box in the parking area outside a nearby Baskin-Robbins.

All were wonderful. All were different.

But Daphne died, then Pearl, and it was just Morgan with us. She'd always felt she should be an "only" cat, so we didn't get another until she passed away.

We made a conscious decision to adopt older cats, rather than kittens. The adults have a harder time, as most everyone wants a kitten.

Never regretted our course of action.

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36675
RE: Active Users - 12/14/2017 3:34:06 AM   
musedir

Good Thursday all. Almost Friday. Pretty close to Saturday. Nearly Football Sunday. OMG... its jus before Monday!

hope yall have an enjoyable day.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36676
RE: Active Users - 12/14/2017 10:58:29 AM   
PinotPhile

Packers an underdog vs. Panthers Sunday. Heard Rodgers is cleared to play as QB. Still in the hunt. Go Pack Go!

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36677
RE: Active Users - 12/14/2017 3:31:50 PM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

This is going to take a while. Like I said, there was something extra-special about Riley. Not trying to diminish anything about our other pets, who we cared deeply about. But Riley was pretty amazing.

Aw Phil, man, I am sorry.

Long ago in our family there was a beagle dog of the same name.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36678
RE: Active Users - 12/14/2017 6:33:42 PM   
mtpisgah

Riley's eyes are amazing. Sorry for your loss.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 36679
RE: Active Users - 12/15/2017 3:01:09 AM   
musedir

We made it! Friday! Yahoo! Can’t remember what comes next. Hope you do.

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 36680
RE: Active Users - 12/15/2017 7:17:46 AM   
CranBurgundy

When it gets below 55˚, that's actually a relief for me.... but most of all [sarcasm] I love sub-freezing temperatures! [/sarcasm]

Went out to start the car yesterday morning at a brisk 27˚ (with a wind chill that made it feel like 12˚), turned the key, and got the dreaded vrrrrRUHRrrrr tick-tick-tick-tick-tick. Oh yeah, dead battery. My wife took me to work, and my sister (who was due to pick up some wine from us anyway) gave me a lift home. Got an early start this morning (pun intneded) with the jump box, let the engine run a few minutes to warm up, and dropped off the car at the Midas 2 doors down from the store I'm in today. This is only the 2nd battery change in 9 years and 11 months. That's a decent life span, eh?

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36681
RE: Active Users - 12/16/2017 5:07:25 AM   
Eddie

I slept late this morning, but was awakened at 7:10 by a fusillade from local duck hunters...which was about 15 minutes before legal shooting light (where are the wardens?) It's a beautiful, cold, rosy morning here. I'm sipping black Ceylonese tea and trying to rouse myself into full consciousness.

The Mrs. and I attended a Christmas dinner at our local museum last night, and discovered that we have an unusually significant exhibit of very rare Civil War artifacts here in our little town, but the museum is almost unknown outside our community. Any of you who is a Civil War buff should stop in to view the museum if you are ever in the area.

Post #: 36682
RE: Active Users - 12/17/2017 3:47:52 AM   
musedir

Up early in Loachapoka for no real reason other than 5am seems to have become my internal clock wake-up. That sucks! I sincerely hope that next week when we visit MtPisgah and Dr. C and then spend Christmas holiday in Asheville that some sanity will return and i will sleep “in” all the way to 6!. Anyway, they don’t set out the fresh coffee until 7am in our B&B.

Rain is returning to my neck of the woods this week. A couple of landed social thingies and then Dr. M can relax from 12/20 until 1/3. I’m sure she needs the down time and a room with a fireplace and sitting area was the necessity in seeking our lodging in A’ville.

Any interesting holiday trips planned? Obviously take a little extra time, watch out for the crazies and arrive safely.

Y’all have a good Sunday!

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36683
RE: Active Users - 12/17/2017 7:20:53 AM   
fingers

Vegas at the end of the week. I’m having a hard time finding out whether Lotus of Siam has reopened or not, so I have reservation at Chada for Friday night. Anyone here know what’s happening with LoS? Will Chada give us an equally memorable experience?

Tim, aren’t you heading there, too? Whussup?

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36684
RE: Active Users - 12/17/2017 7:32:10 AM   
Eddie

I've just run across the best interpretation of a Chopin piece that I've ever heard....Josef Hofmann's 1937 recording of the Berceuse, opus 57. I listen to many Chopin recordings and I'm amazed that I've only now just discovered this wonderful gem. It's so hard to play Chopin well....many performers end up sounding ham-fisted or cadaverish. Hofmann plays the Berceuse in a light, dreamy, ethereal style that I just love. What a treasure.

I hope all of you have a delightful and musical Sunday.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36685
RE: Active Users - 12/17/2017 9:59:14 AM   
mgriffith

quote:

ORIGINAL: musedir

Up early in Loachapoka for no real reason other than 5am seems to have become my internal clock wake-up. That sucks! I sincerely hope that next week when we visit MtPisgah and Dr. C and then spend Christmas holiday in Asheville that some sanity will return and i will sleep “in” all the way to 6!. Anyway, they don’t set out the fresh coffee until 7am in our B&B.

Rain is returning to my neck of the woods this week. A couple of landed social thingies and then Dr. M can relax from 12/20 until 1/3. I’m sure she needs the down time and a room with a fireplace and sitting area was the necessity in seeking our lodging in A’ville.

Any interesting holiday trips planned? Obviously take a little extra time, watch out for the crazies and arrive safely.

Y’all have a good Sunday!

Tom, you will take delight in knowing that my annual solo Christmas Eve repast is, apparently for the past few years and for years to come, dead. Deceased. Joined the Choir Invisible. It is an ex-tradition.

The brother's two offspring have taken to inviting themselves to my dinner (truth be told, they both REALLY want family connection and I am glad they feel family and comfortable enough to do so). But this year the niece is upping the ante by bringing the live-in boyfriend. Granted she did do the cursory question if it was ok, but she also knows damned well I am not kicking her to the curb over it. Besides, it may be the only non-stressful time she and her brother have together over the holidays.

Normally TW is off with her family for their traditional Oyster Stew dinner then off to late church services. This year there is no gathering of her clan for dinner (the stew is getting made but they are not gathering to dine) AND her church is not having a late service, only one at 8 PM. It looks like she will expect to dine as well.

AND the niece is pushing to have gifts (including from their grandparents) exchanged on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day to take some of the pressure off and all her to see the step-sister and step-brother some time on Christmas Day. I have to assume at this point that the parents will join in for dinner if all that comes to pass.

SO .... I pretty much have to entertain 6 people (and cook for 8-10 as I want to eat and the nephew can eat enough for 3 or 4 people on his own if he likes it) Christmas Eve.

PLUS I have been informed, by multiple people and in no uncertain terms, that this will in no way excuse me from preparing the traditional Christmas Breakfast.

And people wonder why I am a Grinch.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36686
RE: Active Users - 12/17/2017 11:29:23 AM   
dontime

quote:

ORIGINAL: mgriffith

And people wonder why I am a Grinch.

Never gave it a second thought.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 36687
RE: Active Users - 12/17/2017 11:52:11 AM   
PinotPhile

Good day to all. Enjoying some half-caf coffee, monitoring the Packer game, and getting ready to finish up the decorating. We are finishing later this year due to the wildfires earlier this month. That's OK. It will all get done.

Unlike Malcolm, we will have a quiet holiday. Keeping it low-key. A few menu items decided; wines TBD but plenty of candidates.

Two unexpected incoming bottles. A bit of Wine Tetris will be in order as I transition into the 2018s and make room for the two gifts. They are cellar-worthy; a Benovia Chard and a Benovia PN. Two I would not have bought for myself; so they were perfect gifts.

Hope that all have a good Sunday.

Cheers!

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36688
RE: Active Users - 12/17/2017 1:27:17 PM   
musedir

Excellent game Panthers!

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36689
RE: Active Users - 12/17/2017 1:47:13 PM   
Wine_Strategies

i have been in Las Vegas for 24 hours, down only $200. Which is tantamount to saying...

I'm a winner!

the suite at The Cosmopolitan, w/terrace, is very nice, will return.

Tim

https://ItalianWine.Smugmug.com

https://www.italianwine.blog

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36690
Page:   <<   < prev  1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI