CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Active Users

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Active Users - 12/31/2017 7:19:32 PM   
oskiwawa

We should all miss 2017. Many of us have had to work through multiple issues at this year. That said, walk outside, look at the sky and take a deep breath of cool air. That one second is an amazing moment when you think about the scale and scope of what we all are aware of. It has been a great year. The next will be too.

quote:

ORIGINAL: khmark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: PinotPhile

Hoping that all Midwesterners stay warm and safe. Some reports have Chicago reaching record lows tonight. That's really really cold. Maybe a Brrrrrrrrrrrr bump is in order.

We will not be among the million-plus expected to brave cold in NYC to see the ball drop. TV is good enough.

New Year's Eve Eve Cheers!

"Record low wind chill" is a phrase that i ignore much like "sleeper of the vintage" or "vintage of the century". It's not warm, but let's not get carried away, as I still see my friends jogging down my street in the mornings.

Pleasant quiet evening. I don't think many of us will miss 2017.

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 36811
RE: Active Users - 12/31/2017 11:00:16 PM   
dontime

2017 was a spectacular year, and I hope 2018 is as good!

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to oskiwawa)
Post #: 36812
RE: Active Users - 1/1/2018 5:30:09 AM   
musedir

With Dr. M’s slowly approaching retirement (3/19) and our rapidly approaching house ownership (1/11), 2018 is certainly going to be an important year. So one day at a time and today is reserved for 1) visiting our best buds in Columbus for a traditional New Year’s Day lunch of black-eyed peas and collards (and possibly beverages) and then 2) watching the conclusion of the Auburn/UCF game. What? Is there another game on today? Beats me.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36813
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 4:31:39 AM   
S1

Roll Tide!
Hunker down Hairy Dogs!

Looks like this year the conferences not named SEC don't even get to play for 2nd.

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to oskiwawa)
Post #: 36814
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 4:35:02 AM   
pclin

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

Roll Tide!
Hunker down Hairy Dogs!

Looks like this year the conferences not named SEC don't even get to play for 2nd.

Any doubt that SEC is the best football conference?

Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 36815
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 6:24:15 AM   
musedir

Good Tuesday morning campers. Slept in after ODing on football and black-eyed peas yesterday. Central Florida certainly spanked Auburn’s butt but SEC all the way th rest of the day. Dawgs showed pure heart.

Last day of end of year break for Dr. M, so quiet day planned. Maybe an afternoon movie...or not. Right now we’re sipping Skellig’s Cinnamon-spiced Hot Chocolate that we brought back from Ireland this past fall. Damn its good! Especially since its 12F with WCF. But its sunny and I guess I’ll walk down the drive and get the papers... eventually.

Gonna put all traces of Christmas away today and then my big NY resolution is to start going through everything (but the wine) and paring down for our move in 2019. I thought I had done this when we moved to Auburn but there are probably 30 boxes in upstairs storage that we haven’t opened since June of 2015. We should all do this occasionally.

Made plans yesterday to go to NYC in early February to see the Michaelangelo exhibition. Just can’t miss it. NY in February can be a terrible thing but we’ll survive after Christmas in the South!

Oh well, enough Chatty Cathy - y’all be careful out there!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to pclin)
Post #: 36816
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 7:59:30 AM   
dontime

Off to a slow start in 2018. Too much football last night. Need to find the new routine.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36817
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 11:08:36 AM   
PinotPhile

Good morning to all. Actually glad to put away the holiday wine glasses, coffee mugs and plates. We had a nice time, but I'm hoping for a more quiet and stable January. Between wildfires in the area and holidays December was an upheaval.

Refused to OD on media yesterday. Turned TV and music off by 8pm. Read books, read about wine, just peace & quiet. Not interested in finishing NYE sparkling wine, so that will be for tonight. Sometimes disengaging is what works for me personally.

I'm sure I'll get back to end of year cellar review/milestones, etc. soon. Definitely easing back into fitness routine. Life goes on....

New Year Cheers!

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36818
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 4:21:30 PM   
WineGuyCO

Left my job today and have mixed feelings. Will be heading to Denver Thursday for a Friday interview. See what happens. Joined a gym and will be working out daily. No drinking or carbs unti my birthday on Feb 9th. Thinking of going longer this year. Will see how the next 6 weeks go and how much weight I drop.

Rick

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36819
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 5:06:33 PM   
racerchris

quote:

ORIGINAL: PinotPhile

Refused to OD on media yesterday.

I hope you at least watched the Rose Parade.
Much better than the Macy's in November.

Chris Foley
Searching for very good to excellent, cheap Bordeaux
stainlesswineracks.com

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36820
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 7:10:37 PM   
PinotPhile

Kinda sorta viewed the Rose Parade, but the commentators seemed very scripted. Was it me, or did they just read each press release by each company as their respective floats passed by?

On televised parade days, the TV is on in one room and if I'm in there I use it for background while I put together the holiday meals. Same for some football games.

A wee bit of entertainment.

Cheers!

(in reply to racerchris)
Post #: 36821
RE: Active Users - 1/2/2018 7:59:59 PM   
Old Doug

Lots of year-end festivities, some still to go. My generation - 50s and 60s now - is slowing down and not boozing like we used to. The younger ones in their early 20s haven't really gotten going yet, despite having Uncle Doug as a ready drinking companion.

Feeling pretty darn mortal but this has been one of the best holiday seasons ever - I'm really lucky to have my wife and her family and my family. There's nobody I'd rather tell, and nobody I wish more well to than you CellarTrackers.

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36822
RE: Active Users - 1/3/2018 4:30:15 AM   
musedir

Sudden shock!!

It’s Wednesday and its January 3rd... back to work for Dr. M and I dare say a few of you fellas too! 6am came early and hard as its 25F outside with a high of 38F projected today in Loachapoka. Yuck!

For us old farts, its another year with some new resolutions that cheerfully will soon be ignored. Good luck on the job interview Rick (remember that Denver aint no So Cal so dress warmly). Doug, its called learned intelligence that we don’t party as hard now as we did 40 years ago. By now I KNOW that crystal ball will drop amidst the crowds’ countdown and somebody will yell Happy New Year so I can go to sleep comfortably knowing it will be 2018 upon awaking. I expect 2019 will come around the same.

Anyway, back to work ya lazy bums and remember to be careful out there.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 36823
RE: Active Users - 1/3/2018 8:09:51 AM   
fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: musedir

Anyway, back to work ya lazy bums

Jeez, we legalize pot and the name-calling starts

quote:

and remember to be careful out there.

Zero reportable incidents is the 2018 Safety Goal for CellarTracker

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36824
RE: Active Users - 1/3/2018 1:50:19 PM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

quote:

Anyway, back to work ya lazy bums

Jeez, we legalize pot and the name-calling starts

"Slackers" or "Stoners" is the correct terminology in marijuana vernacular..

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 36825
RE: Active Users - 1/3/2018 2:26:59 PM   
racerchris

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

I've always preferred the term "space cadet", but that's just me.

Chris Foley
stainlesswineracks.com

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 36826
RE: Active Users - 1/3/2018 3:41:05 PM   
PinotPhile

quote:

ORIGINAL: racerchris

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

I've always preferred the term "space cadet", but that's just me.

Per our local rag, sales of mj were brisk on New Year's Day in Diego. And, one store even featured home delivery, just like pizza. An in-store customer said something to the effect that she did not drink but did use mj; after all, when people drink they do "crazy things" (might be paraphrasing).

Speak for yourself, woman. Gnarly.

(in reply to racerchris)
Post #: 36827
RE: Active Users - 1/3/2018 5:20:12 PM   
mtpisgah

quote:

ORIGINAL: WineGuyDelMar

Left my job today and have mixed feelings. Will be heading to Denver Thursday for a Friday interview. See what happens. Joined a gym and will be working out daily. No drinking or carbs unti my birthday on Feb 9th. Thinking of going longer this year. Will see how the next 6 weeks go and how much weight I drop.

Rick

Good luck at the interview, Rick.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36828
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 4:27:33 AM   
musedir

It’s Thursday, cold and clear. For some, time to raise the roof... for others, time to close the barn door.

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 36829
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 7:28:06 AM   
dontime

quote:

It’s Thursday, cold and clear. For some, time to raise the roof... for others, time to close the barn door.

+1

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36830
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 7:32:33 AM   
CranBurgundy

Snow Day!

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36831
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 10:58:23 AM   
PinotPhile

Uh, no snow day here. But keeping a close eye on the weather as family is impacted. Noted that American Airlines has a travel alert along the east coast for those traveling today, w/changes OK thru 1/7 - 1/9. That is a bit of an indicator for me.

Stay warm and safe out there.

Cheers!

Post #: 36832
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 3:46:11 PM   
racerchris

I went in, and stayed to 1:30 doing end of year accounting/tax stuff. Fortunately I could park my car inside the shop so it was clean & dry when I was ready to leave.

Chris Foley
stainlesswineracks.com

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36833
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 7:17:57 PM   
WineGuyCO

quote:

ORIGINAL: mtpisgah

quote:

Rick

Good luck at the interview, Rick.

Thank you !!

Rick

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 36834
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 7:29:24 PM   
WineGuyCO

Made it to Denver at 2:00 PM and by the time I got car and made it to hotel in Lone Tree it was 3:30. Sunny and low 50's so that was great. Never put on my jacket. Didn't get to go area hunting because it gets dark at 5:00 so didn't want to deal with 1-25 traffic.

Called my cousin who works off Colorado Blve north of my hotel but has to drive my way to go home. I text him and say I'm here if he has nothing to do. His wife and daughter are in Breck skiing so he's all alone and 5 minutes from my hotel. WTF?? Meant to happen.

We hit a happy hour and grab some wings and things and catch up then back to hotel. Will turn in early then get up at 6:00 am, hit gym, hit breakfast then head to Castle Pines to snoop around. Want to check out Centennial just north of me. Need to check out by 1:00 for 2:30 interview downtown Denver then head to hotel by airport for 7:50 am flight Saturday am.

Short trip but hopefully I will wow them in the interview. Can only be myself. See what happens. I have the experience so it will come down to personality fit. Good news is there's an Outback Steakhouse by my hotel tomorrow. Love that blooming onion

Rick

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36835
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 8:28:16 PM   
fingers

Best of luck, Rick
I hope what they want is what you want, too.

Along with a big-arse paycheck

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36836
RE: Active Users - 1/4/2018 9:09:11 PM   
CranBurgundy

Yes, paychecks are good. Hope you nail that interview Rick.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 36837
RE: Active Users - 1/5/2018 3:34:08 AM   
musedir

It’s Friday. Warming spell on its way. Phó Lee tonight!

Post #: 36838
RE: Active Users - 1/5/2018 5:07:12 AM   
khmark7

quote:

Made it to Denver at 2:00 PM and by the time I got car and made it to hotel in Lone Tree it was 3:30. Sunny and low 50's so that was great. Never put on my jacket. Didn't get to go area hunting because it gets dark at 5:00 so didn't want to deal with 1-25 traffic.

Called my cousin who works off Colorado Blve north of my hotel but has to drive my way to go home. I text him and say I'm here if he has nothing to do. His wife and daughter are in Breck skiing so he's all alone and 5 minutes from my hotel. WTF?? Meant to happen.

We hit a happy hour and grab some wings and things and catch up then back to hotel. Will turn in early then get up at 6:00 am, hit gym, hit breakfast then head to Castle Pines to snoop around. Want to check out Centennial just north of me. Need to check out by 1:00 for 2:30 interview downtown Denver then head to hotel by airport for 7:50 am flight Saturday am.

Short trip but hopefully I will wow them in the interview. Can only be myself. See what happens. I have the experience so it will come down to personality fit. Good news is there's an Outback Steakhouse by my hotel tomorrow. Love that blooming onion

Rick

Always enjoy visiting my friends who live south of Denver. Been a few years, but likely i will be back out there in the fall.

Nice area.

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36839
RE: Active Users - 1/5/2018 5:21:52 AM   
annerk

Got to work and we have no Internet. I am dead in the water without it. Can’t get anyone in IT to respond. I could have slept an extra hour dammit.

https://www.instagram.com/whattheducktravel

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 36840
Page:   <<   < prev  1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1226 1227 [1228] 1229 1230   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI