CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Active Users

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1488 1489 [1490] 1491 1492   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Active Users - 12/4/2020 11:24:02 AM   
BobMilton

quote:

ORIGINAL: cookiefiend

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontime

Just saw that today is International Cabernet Franc Day. That makes selecting FFP is little easier.

It's also National Cookie Day - woot!

So, which Cab Franc goes best with which cookies?

(in reply to cookiefiend)
Post #: 44671
RE: Active Users - 12/4/2020 1:51:00 PM   
wadcorp

Waiting on FedEx here in Kansas City.

My case of wine was due in yesterday. The tracking log said it would be delivered by 7:00 p.m. Thursday, even though the last entry in the tracking log had the case still in California on Tuesday.

Finally at 6:30 p.m., there was a change in tracking to "delivery information not available".

This morning, the site says the case is in Edgerton, KS (just southwest of KC), but nothing noted regarding delivery. I called & was assured it is on the truck, out for delivery, even though tracking still says "delivery information not available".

Yes, I have signed up for status texts. Nothing there, either.

Don't like my wine hanging out there with seriously cool temperatures overnight!

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to rlp805)
Post #: 44672
RE: Active Users - 12/4/2020 2:16:15 PM   
ImUrHuckleberry

quote:

Just saw that today is International Cabernet Franc Day. That makes selecting FFP is little easier.

What a coincidence. Me and a buddy are doing a zoom tasting of a Loire cab franc tonight, which will be one of the handful I've ever had.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 44673
RE: Active Users - 12/4/2020 2:23:39 PM   
dad300

quote:

you know I went into my favorite wine store in town today meaning to look for a cab franc.. but i got seduced by a Matthiasson gsm, a pic poul, and a nik weis bockstein auslese (375) never did get a cab franc. hmmm.. i think the cellar needs to be larger..

Red Mountain stole my wine stained heart

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 44674
RE: Active Users - 12/5/2020 4:24:02 AM   
musedir

Brrr... here’s the sunrise with 34F outside right now with nasty gusts making it feel colder (this is for you Don...). Now sipping my Chiapas and getting ready to get dressed to go to the Farmers’ Market before heading home to bid on a photograph in an auction and prepare for the Secret Santa Zoom at noon. This afternoon we hope to go to a kiln opening just north of Asheville.

Last night’s mini-gathering went well. Next one is on Tuesday evening. Last year’s festive December 21st Soltice party was a blast but would be irresponsible now so the witch gets to live another year before burning. Otherwise, life is good.

Sláinte!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to dad300)
Post #: 44675
RE: Active Users - 12/5/2020 6:29:47 AM   
dad300

Groceries Done.. First trip to the transfer station (dump) done. now to try and find a shop with old Riesling that will ship to Tennessee.

and i found one.. Just ordered

J.J. Prum - Riesling Auslese Graacher Himmelreich Goldkapsel 2007 (750ml)

hopefully the wife likes this.. its one of her Birthday Presents..

< Message edited by dad300 -- 12/5/2020 6:40:58 AM >

Red Mountain stole my wine stained heart

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 44676
RE: Active Users - 12/5/2020 8:05:39 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

Following up on my previous post.

This isn't boding well. Nothing regarding the status has come up since Thursday evening. It still says "No scheduled delivery date available at this time."

Called FedEx this morning & they're saying it is scheduled for today (just like they said yesterday).

Given the temps here this weekend, this shipment could be toast. Or more appropriately, popsicles.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 44677
RE: Active Users - 12/5/2020 8:16:24 AM   
WineGuyCO

quote:

quote:

This isn't boding well. Nothing regarding the status has come up since Thursday evening. It still says "No scheduled delivery date available at this time."

Called FedEx this morning & they're saying it is scheduled for today (just like they said yesterday).

Given the temps here this weekend, this shipment could be toast. Or more appropriately, popsicles.

I always have FedEx wine deliveries sent to an on site location near my house. This way I’m never waiting around for my wine to be delivered. When the wine is delivered to the OnSite location I get a text or email that it has been delivered. Once there I know it’s sitting inside a warm Walgreens location.

On another note, wine doesn’t freeze until 15-20 degrees F so unlikely it would get that cold inside a FedEx truck. The wine is usually shipped in styrofoam or some kind of packing that insulates the wine even more. Tim Heaton (Wine Strategies) told me he’s been shipping wine to Colorado during the Winter for 30 years with no issues. FYI

La felicità, come un vino pregiato, dev’essere assaporata sorso a sorso.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 44678
RE: Active Users - 12/5/2020 9:36:46 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: WineGuyCO

I always have FedEx wine deliveries sent to an on site location near my house. This way I’m never waiting around for my wine to be delivered.

This isn't an issue for us, as we don't go anywhere. We're here. FedEx doesn't show up.

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 44679
RE: Active Users - 12/7/2020 4:18:20 AM   
musedir

Monday, Monday... let the good times roll. Maybe snow today, maybe not. Come what may.

Chiapas in the cup and breaking clouds with the coming sunrise out the window. Sláinte!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 44680
RE: Active Users - 12/7/2020 7:19:03 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

quote:

Well, Friday came & went with no delivery.

There was still no update on Tracking, so didn't hold out much hope.

Had an exchange with FedEx via the Chat feature on Saturday. This time, they said since the package was for Home Delivery (their capitalization), it wouldn't be delivered until Tuesday, 8 Dec. WTF?

Sunday morning there was the first update to Tracking since Thursday. Notification said it was to be delivered Sunday. This time was the charm, as the wine showed up at 3:00 p.m.

Does FexEx actually have any idea what they are doing?

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 44681
RE: Active Users - 12/7/2020 8:06:31 AM   
dontime

quote:

Does FexEx actually have any idea what they are doing?

I believe there are some issues with the tracking software. I know that when a package is "out for delivery" and I've opted to have it sent to the local FedEx Store, tracking will switch from "out for delivery" to "at local FedEx facility" and change the expected delivery date to the next day. Once the package is scanned as received (which can take an hour or more, depending on how busy the store is, tracking will then switch to "package ready for pick up". Until I figured this quirk out, I would go into ballistic mode. Tracking also continually updates the expected delivery date so if you call to complain it will always appear in tracking to be "on time".

Again, for me, this year's shipping season has been overly stressful and has me considering whether I really want to continue to set myself up for all the frustration. I had nine FedEx shipments and only one arrived as expected.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 44682
RE: Active Users - 12/7/2020 9:08:14 AM   
rlp805

quote:

.... Does FexEx actually have any idea what they are doing?

That is an easy one, NO!
At least not in Florida. I believe I will be dropping any wine purchases that require FEDEx as the delivery option.

-Richard

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 44683
RE: Active Users - 12/7/2020 9:24:01 AM   
wadcorp

Interestingly, a Rasa shipment was ordered two days after the one coming via FedEx.

It arrived Friday, as promised, two days before the FedEx package.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 44684
RE: Active Users - 12/7/2020 7:02:56 PM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: dad300

Just ordered

J.J. Prum - Riesling Auslese Graacher Himmelreich Goldkapsel 2007 (750ml)

hopefully the wife likes this.. its one of her Birthday Presents..

No worries there - she'll like it!

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to dad300)
Post #: 44685
RE: Active Users - 12/8/2020 3:47:50 AM   
musedir

Up way too early this morning and drinking the Chiapas... haircut at 9, mailing packages at UPS at 10, going to the museum at 2:30 to select annual purchases with Collectors Society and then back home for Zoom session at 7 tonight. Whew... when am I going to get a nap wedged in?

Dodged the snow yesterday although a small town just west of A’ville got quite a dusting yesterday afternoon. Go figure. But the winds are back and its currently 13F with the windchill outside. Brrr...

The sun’s halo is just starting the light up the eastern sky.

Y’all take care and wear your masks. Sláinte!

< Message edited by musedir -- 12/8/2020 4:33:11 AM >

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 44686
RE: Active Users - 12/9/2020 4:24:49 AM   
musedir

It’s Hump Day! And what a sunrise...

Busy day yesterday but got all accomplished. Today’s a simpler day, just a little grocery shopping and a couple of good friends/neighbors in for a drink this evening. Time to do some more baking — perhaps a Caramel Rum Bundt Cake or/and another Banana Nut Bread. Also looking at doing some Mushroom Puffs and gearing up for tomorrow’s Latke’s!

The museum acquired some nice pieces for its permanent collection last night at its annual Collectors Circle gathering (virtual for 2020).

Everybody be safe and careful [please wear your masks]... the spiking numbers are frightening. Find ways to enjoy your time with friends and loved ones.

Sláinte!

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 44687
RE: Active Users - 12/9/2020 5:34:45 PM   
khmark7

Nice pictures Tom, always a pleasure. Hospital here is a bit insane....extremely busy. Need to find some time for holiday shopping, but it's a challenge this year.

Continued dry and above average temps in Chicago. Feels like early November.

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 44688
RE: Active Users - 12/10/2020 6:47:48 AM   
Eddie

Our sunrise this morning:

V horam in quodam loco est.

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 44689
RE: Active Users - 12/10/2020 9:06:11 AM   
dontime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie

Our sunrise this morning:

Beautiful!

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 44690
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 4:25:37 AM   
musedir

Nice sunrise Eddie.

Up this morning thinking about a trip to the dentist at 10. Don’t know why, but since childhood dentists have been the boogeyman. Why change now?

Got busy yesterday afternoon and did not make latkes as planned for first night of Hanukkah but that gets remedied tonight.

As this morning’s sunrise was a bit “meh”, here is last night’s sunset over the Pisgah Mountains.

Sláinte!

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 44691
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 6:22:48 AM   
Eddie

I'm really tired of being cooped up in the house. For most of my adult life I worked at a profession which required me to be outdoors in isolated rural areas most days, and that life agreed with me. So today I will go up to Bourbon County and take a long walk on the farm of an acquaintance. I always find such excursions to be restorative. It's a beautiful warm sunny day here, so I'll take advantage of that weather.

V horam in quodam loco est.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 44692
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 6:39:20 AM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie

I'm really tired of being cooped up in the house. For most of my adult life I worked at a profession which required me to be outdoors in isolated rural areas most days, and that life agreed with me. So today I will go up to Bourbon County and take a long walk on the farm of an acquaintance. I always find such excursions to be restorative. It's a beautiful warm sunny day here, so I'll take advantage of that weather.

I feel your pain Eddie. Every now & again I need to drive to the shore just to see and hear the ocean.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 44693
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 7:35:16 AM   
wineismylife

Slow, steady rain here in the Metroplex. Much needed rain. We're a little behind this year.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 44694
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 8:06:35 AM   
WineGuyCO

Speaking of being cooped up...21 degrees and snow with a high of only 27 today. More of the same tomorrow. Good news is it is snowing in the mountains and we leave Monday for a 4 day ski trip.

Started packing yesterday and my new wine suitcase will make its maiden voyage next week. Son & fiancé fly in on Sunday but will spend a couple nights in Denver before making their way down south. Christmas the following week. Waiting for a Burgundy delivery today anyway. Have some duck legs and breasts in the freezer if I don’t wait to head out to the store.

La felicità, come un vino pregiato, dev’essere assaporata sorso a sorso.

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 44695
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 10:20:33 AM   
musedir

Beautiful day in da Ville... gonna walk the mountainside and finish my HOA project of surveying the condition of the streets this afternoon. Next week is looking less promising.

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 44696
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 11:38:48 AM   
dontime

Beautiful day here too, Tom. Probably a bit warmer than you.

Working on dinner tonight for two of our favorite couples. Included is the man who stood beside me almost 50 years ago when I said "I do" to my bride. It's good that we still get together.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 44697
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 1:40:55 PM   
Eduardo787

Hello to all ! Enjoying my 11th day quarentined with covid-19 . VERY light symptoms, and so far oxygen saturation at 98-99% since day one. No headackes, body ackes, cought, cold, etc. My only problem was a little bit of a fever ( 99.5f- 100f) for the first 3 days). Also, lost 80% flavor and 100% smell but it is returning at a VERY slow pace. Went to my neumologist with x-ray and a comprehensive blood test, everything extremely good, even C-reactive protein and evrything in regards of inflamation, plaquet, white blood cells, etc.

I am taking 6-8 grams of vitamin C a day ( lyposomal kind so no diharea), 20.000 IU of vit D, Zinc 30 mg, Magnesium bisglycinate) , vit K2 100 mg, and NAC ( N-acetyl-cysteine).

FIRM believer in supplements to be prepared for covid and during covid.

Family is 100% healthy and I am currently living in our guest house 50 yards away from my house.

Have a great weekend!

I can´t be happier than drinkling wine with my friends

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 44698
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 5:34:31 PM   
khmark7

Take care of yourself Eduardo. Hopefully the guest house is well stocked with booze & glassware.

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to Eduardo787)
Post #: 44699
RE: Active Users - 12/11/2020 6:09:18 PM   
Eduardo787

quote:

ORIGINAL: khmark7

Take care of yourself Eduardo. Hopefully the guest house is well stocked with booze & glassware.

It´s actually my Man Cave !!! but no, no booze or nothing like that. Eating very healthy and sleeping as much as I can. I am bored thou Take care, as well....good luck to you

I can´t be happier than drinkling wine with my friends

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 44700
Page:   <<   < prev  1488 1489 [1490] 1491 1492   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1488 1489 [1490] 1491 1492   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI