CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are interested in joining

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are interested in joining Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/8/2022 8:12:07 PM   
daviladc

Stafford and the Bills doing me a solid tonight.

It's a good start!

Wine is not furniture. Drink it!

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 91
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/8/2022 8:57:43 PM   
skifree

In Josh Allen we believe.......

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 92
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/9/2022 8:02:46 AM   
mqvn

quote:

ORIGINAL: hankj

quote:

ORIGINAL: mqvn

quote:

Well for autodraft things could have gone worse. Survived didn't thrive but will take it considering.

Lot of good looking teams this year. Except Mike maybe? I always hate his teams but then they do pretty well.

Karen killed it - best draft I've seen from her squad.

Yahoo gave me a B+ for my draft grade, 2nd in the group after Karen (who got an A-). But from my past experience, those things aren't great predictors of how strong a team is.

I still think your team suxs 😁

Saving this quote for later in the season...

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 93
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/9/2022 8:21:03 AM   
Blue Shorts

quote:

It looks like the Karma Gods visited Hank yesterday. Yikes......the Rams laid a huge egg.

Hank: D Harris was a good add.....but $26 REALLY? Was Zinfandel involved in that decision?

< Message edited by Blue Shorts -- 9/9/2022 8:30:35 AM >

(in reply to mqvn)
Post #: 94
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/9/2022 9:10:27 AM   
daviladc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blue Shorts

quote:

It looks like the Karma Gods visited Hank yesterday. Yikes......the Rams laid a huge egg.

Hank: D Harris was a good add.....but $26 REALLY? Was Zinfandel involved in that decision?

A wee bit early to add players for cash. Injuries are coming.

(in reply to Blue Shorts)
Post #: 95
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/9/2022 9:39:30 AM   
hankj

quote:

ORIGINAL: daviladc

quote:

quote:

A wee bit early to add players for cash. Injuries are coming.

I didn't get to draft some players I wanted, so figured I'd make sure to get Harris. A bit of analysis:

"Harris should be the bellcow back for the Patriots in the final year of his contract as has been the case for many New England backs playing on expiring contracts." This is true, New England runs the legs off RBs in their last year of contract.

"In 2021, Harris finished 2nd in carries inside the 10-yd line, second to only Jonathan Taylor. The former Alabama back also led all running backs during the 2021 regular season in fantasy points per snap. As PFF's highest-graded running back (91.8) over the past two seasons, Harris needs to be held in extremely high regard.". He's a superb football player and New England runs in the red zone. He is nearly at the top of the league in both yards before contact and yards after contact.

Harris is part of a committee, but he gets the red zone work. 15 rushing TDs last year - that's a lot! My guess is that he remains in that role and if for any reason he sees more touches you could finish in the top ten. Top five is not outside his ability.

So anyway I like my huge pile of very good running backs. If anyone feels lacking in this department happy to think about trades.

Oh and I checked and Mike's team still sux 😘

There are those who'd call us a bunch of sots but we don't see ourselves like that. We see ourselves as hobbyists. - Kevin Barry

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 96
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/9/2022 10:56:29 AM   
snoop2nutz

quote:

I didn't get to draft some players I wanted, so figured I'd make sure to get Harris. A bit of analysis:

"Harris should be the bellcow back for the Patriots in the final year of his contract as has been the case for many New England backs playing on expiring contracts." This is true, New England runs the legs off RBs in their last year of contract.

"In 2021, Harris finished 2nd in carries inside the 10-yd line, second to only Jonathan Taylor. The former Alabama back also led all running backs during the 2021 regular season in fantasy points per snap. As PFF's highest-graded running back (91.8) over the past two seasons, Harris needs to be held in extremely high regard.". He's a superb football player and New England runs in the red zone. He is nearly at the top of the league in both yards before contact and yards after contact.

Harris is part of a committee, but he gets the red zone work. 15 rushing TDs last year - that's a lot! My guess is that he remains in that role and if for any reason he sees more touches you could finish in the top ten. Top five is not outside his ability.

So anyway I like my huge pile of very good running backs. If anyone feels lacking in this department happy to think about trades.

Oh and I checked and Mike's team still sux 😘

Hey Hank - Good explanation of why you would pay so much for a guy you could have had for free.. or at least for a whole lot less $$.

I just hope your quoted sources know what the heck they are talking about it. It took me a while to realize some of those so called FB/ Fantasy FB analysts don't know anymore than most of us do...they just get paid for talking...a lot of talking.

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 97
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/9/2022 3:10:26 PM   
skifree

quote:

Sure, I am happy to trade you Trevor Lawrence for Kamara. I mean, don't you need a QB?

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 98
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/10/2022 12:35:03 AM   
hankj

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

quote:

Sure, I am happy to trade you Trevor Lawrence for Kamara. I mean, don't you need a QB?

I do like the name Trevor. Is he a Scotsman? Do I need to throw in a haggis and a liter of Irn-Bru?

Maybe πŸ€” I'm going to need a WR? Autodraft didn't seem to know that good WRs going to new teams (Allen Robinson, Hollywood Brown) flop far more often than thrive ....

< Message edited by hankj -- 9/10/2022 12:37:33 AM >

There are those who'd call us a bunch of sots but we don't see ourselves like that. We see ourselves as hobbyists. - Kevin Barry

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 99
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/10/2022 10:01:31 AM   
mye

Given the lackluster line up of WRs. I don’t see hankj ever not playing Kamara?

😏😏😏

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 100
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/11/2022 2:16:36 PM   
daviladc

My Ma-Homie!!!!!

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 101
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/11/2022 2:56:58 PM   
Blue Shorts

Every season, for the first few weeks, I somehow end up playing against the team that gets the highest, or second highest score in our league.

This week, I'm getting bitch-slapped by Buzzkills

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 102
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/11/2022 11:01:46 PM   
hankj

quote:

ORIGINAL: mye

😏😏😏

Yeah, ever since Taysom Hill Kamara seems to no longer get the splash plays. He used to be so exciting when they schemed home run plays for him.

Could be a long season after the autodraft.

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 103
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/12/2022 7:45:36 AM   
daviladc

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: mye

😏😏😏

Yeah, ever since Taysom Hill Kamara seems to no longer get the splash plays. He used to be so exciting when they schemed home run plays for him.

Could be a long season after the autodraft.

Kamara played as a blocking back yesterday. He gave Hill a lot of room to run. Good for the Saints, but bad for FF owners!

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 104
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/12/2022 8:08:51 AM   
Redfred

quote:

He's pretty impressive. Amazing leap he's made from a guy who wasn't loved by most scouts out of college, to a guy with a very low completion percentage early in his career to an unstoppable force. I still can't believe the Chiefs pulled off that win against them in the playoffs last year. Wouldn't mind seeing them make a deep run this year.

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 105
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/12/2022 9:07:34 AM   
Blue Shorts

quote:

Kamara played as a blocking back yesterday.

I noticed that. But we all need to remember that this is just Week one, and week one results are rarely predictive of the season ahead. At least I hope that they aren't.

< Message edited by Blue Shorts -- 9/12/2022 9:11:54 AM >

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 106
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/14/2022 9:14:10 AM   
Blue Shorts

We never adjusted the payouts to account for 10 teams. The current payouts are for last year's 12 team league. So here's what I suggest:

We keep the payout from last year the same, and simply drop the last two categories...Remove Total Points For (TPF) for non-playoff teams. Agree?

6 teams - Week 15, 16 and 17 (ends Monday, Jan 2)

Payouts:

1st 4 bottles
2nd 3 bottles
3rd 2 bottles
4th 1 bottle
highest TPF regular season non-play off teams 1 bottle REMOVE
highest TPF post season non-play off teams 1 bottle REMOVE

Draw order:

1st
1st
2nd
3rd
1st
2nd
4th
2nd
3rd
1st
TPF Regular Season REMOVE
TPF Play Offs REMOVE

Post #: 107
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/14/2022 12:22:39 PM   
mye

I’m good with that proposal!

Post #: 108
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/14/2022 12:27:01 PM   
snoop2nutz

quote:

We never adjusted the payouts to account for 10 teams. The current payouts are for last year's 12 team league. So here's what I suggest:

We keep the payout from last year the same, and simply drop the last two categories...Remove Total Points For (TPF) for non-playoff teams. Agree?

6 teams - Week 15, 16 and 17 (ends Monday, Jan 2)

Payouts:

1st 4 bottles
2nd 3 bottles
3rd 2 bottles
4th 1 bottle
highest TPF regular season non-play off teams 1 bottle REMOVE
highest TPF post season non-play off teams 1 bottle REMOVE

Draw order:

1st
1st
2nd
3rd
1st
2nd
4th
2nd
3rd
1st
TPF Regular Season REMOVE
TPF Play Offs REMOVE

Fine with me, since I never win anything anyway...well, maybe once I won one bottle??

Post #: 109
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/14/2022 4:56:34 PM   
mqvn

Also good with the proposed payout structure.

(in reply to snoop2nutz)
Post #: 110
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/14/2022 6:54:27 PM   
skifree

Me too, thanks Bruce

(in reply to mqvn)
Post #: 111
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/14/2022 6:55:15 PM   
skifree

quote:

ORIGINAL: Redfred

quote:

He's pretty impressive. Amazing leap he's made from a guy who wasn't loved by most scouts out of college, to a guy with a very low completion percentage early in his career to an unstoppable force. I still can't believe the Chiefs pulled off that win against them in the playoffs last year. Wouldn't mind seeing them make a deep run this year.

+1, Buffalo has some demons to exorcise.

(in reply to Redfred)
Post #: 112
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/15/2022 8:29:25 AM   
daviladc

Payout sounds good to me.

I've got no WR's soooo, I'm sure I'll be donating this year!

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 113
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/15/2022 3:17:54 PM   
mye

quote:

πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή says the guy with the most pts in week 1

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 114
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/15/2022 3:51:59 PM   
Blue Shorts

quote:

Proper etiquette dictates that you wait until you are not in first place before you complain.

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 115
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/15/2022 5:12:56 PM   
daviladc

Not only did I get a C+ draft grade, I'm not even the favorite this week to Karen.

I need a Chiefs blowout tonight to even have a chance.

Post #: 116
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/15/2022 8:15:44 PM   
daviladc

That moment when a pick 6 causes KC to take the air out of the ball and have the defense play to not get beat long.

Great for KC fans. Not so great for My Ma-Homie's stats.

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 117
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/16/2022 9:57:49 AM   
hankj

Chiefs D is legit. This might be their best team in the past 5 years.

Sorry that I s cramping your fantasy style!

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 118
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/16/2022 10:01:36 AM   
daviladc

quote:

Chiefs D is legit. This might be their best team in the past 5 years.

Sorry that I s cramping your fantasy style!

The interception was great because I was going up against Herbert. Another TD pass for him would have been a disaster. I was just hoping the Chargers offense could tackle the guy first. LOL

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 119
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are i... - 9/16/2022 10:45:52 AM   
mye

quote:

That moment when a pick 6 causes KC to take the air out of the ball and have the defense play to not get beat long.

Great for KC fans. Not so great for My Ma-Homie's stats.

<cryyyy> i feel ya brotha.. i have Juju and Kelce.. (and Homie in another league).
I want Mahommes to throw for 5 TDs each and every week.. preferably to kelce and Juju but i'll take my chances.

last night hurt..

(in reply to daviladc)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Fantasy Football 2022 - Please post if you are interested in joining Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI