CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... where to dine for high end wine/food?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... where to dine for high end wine/food? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... where t... - 3/4/2024 10:04:47 AM   
Rossodio

Looking for killer wine service and high end dining experience in this part of the keys. Any recs?

- Rossodio
USA

Click below to see my profile on CT:

Post #: 1
RE: If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... whe... - 3/4/2024 1:42:39 PM   
wadcorp

It doesn't help much unless you can get to Key West, but if you can, Louie's Backyard was terrific when we were there in 1994.

I'm seeing that they are still open. One of the best parts is after dinner drinks on the back dock (full bar out there).

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 2
RE: If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... whe... - 3/4/2024 2:52:11 PM   
wine247365

After dinner, if you want to go to perhaps the most unique place for desert and a sticky after dinner, check out https://www.betterthansexdesserts.com/ . The deserts are excellent and it's a fun way to have dessert. (Please keep any replies clean! )

The number of bottles I buy is nothing in comparison to the bottles I don’t buy. Let’s have a little perspective please.

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 3
RE: If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... whe... - 3/5/2024 5:36:10 AM   
S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rossodio

Looking for killer wine service and high end dining experience in this part of the keys. Any recs?

We spend every anniversary in The Keys (usually Marathon), and do several other visits per year.

You're in the wrong part of the world for that--embrace the "Keys-ness."
Go to Fish Tales, and order one of the rotating German beers..
Or join the touristas at Fisheries (I don't like the Reuben but the other food is ok).

If you insist, Lighthouse Grill food is ok, but the wine list sux.
Nice view though

After years of searching for high-end, we have decided that Keys high-end is the freshest fish, prepared simply.
YMMV

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to Rossodio)
Post #: 4
RE: If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... whe... - 3/5/2024 8:46:52 AM   
sastewart

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

quote:

We spend every anniversary in The Keys (usually Marathon), and do several other visits per year.

Or join the touristas at Fisheries (I don't like the Reuben but the other food is ok).

Nice view though

After years of searching for high-end, we have decided that Keys high-end is the freshest fish, prepared simply.
YMMV

I completely agree. We stay on Summerland and in Key West. Key West has some great restaurants but everywhere else we look for places like Fish Tales, Lazy Days, Square Grouper or the Hogfish Grill. Classic Keys.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 5
RE: If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... whe... - 3/6/2024 4:18:01 AM   
RedRedMoreRed

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

quote:

Nice view though

YMMV

When in Rome.......

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy ~ Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> If I don't have a car and am in Marathon, FL... where to dine for high end wine/food? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI