CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to $28!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> 2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to $28! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to $28! - 3/12/2024 9:32:17 AM   
BRR

Folks, this is just a ridiculous deal. I had some already and bought more. Not only is this the last time Dave Larsen is going to make this wine, it's 30% off and, even at full price, it was an exceptional value.

Cheers!
Post #: 1
RE: 2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to... - 3/12/2024 10:04:55 AM   
Jenise

Winery direct? I love his wines.

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 2
RE: 2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to... - 3/12/2024 1:34:55 PM   
BRR

Yep, winery direct. Sent out an email yesterday I believe.

Cheers!

(in reply to Jenise)
Post #: 3
RE: 2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to... - 3/12/2024 1:38:57 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Crossposting from sleuthing on Berserkers... Soos Creek Soliel also on sale (likely) at Full Pull...

quote:

Redacted #85 offered today:

Redacted 85: 2019 Bordeaux Blend Columbia Valley - $24.99 (FPP $12.99)

Not too many obvious clues in this one. However, I’m relatively confident that it’s the 2019 Soos Creek Soleil Red Wine. If you look at the info for this wine on the Soos Creek website [ Wine List - Soos Creek Wine Cellars 10 ], the list price, varietal composition, review score and drinking window (from the Owen Bargreen review) all match. In addition, FP offers Soos Creek wines pretty regularly, with the most recent offer coming in 2023 (again, consistent with the info in today’s offer e-mail).

Not 100% definitive on this one, but seems hard to believe there would be a wine from another producer that would match all those characteristics. But, as always, YMMV. Assuming I’m correct on this one, $13 a bottle for a Soos Creek red wine is likely to be a pretty damn good value…

Michael

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to BRR)
Post #: 4
RE: 2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to... - 3/12/2024 5:28:23 PM   
wineismylife

Wines like this remind me of sitting at the table with "The Todd" and some other winemakers and the conversation was basically "I don't think I can get more than $300 a bottle". The Todd? "Have you tried?"

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 5
RE: 2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to... - 3/13/2024 10:02:55 AM   
BRR

Oh nice, I haven't see a reference to The Todd in quite some time. Good work, WIML.

Cheers!

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> 2019 Soos Creek Ciel du Cheval Cab - marked down to $28! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI