CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: CT Texas - Post to Poll Thread Please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Texas - Post to Poll Thread Please Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CT Texas - Post to Poll Thread Please - 12/15/2023 5:16:02 PM   
YoDaddyO

I had to give this a bump because...

...IT'S BEEN OVER 11 YEARS!!!!

Cheers to those still standing from that epic weekend!

As a reminder here are GALVEZGUY's event notes: https://www.cellartracker.com/new/event.asp?iEvent=18035

< Message edited by YoDaddyO -- 12/15/2023 5:21:08 PM >

DaddyO

Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin

"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 391
RE: CT Texas - Post to Poll Thread Please - 12/18/2023 7:44:52 AM   
wineismylife

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 392
RE: CT Texas - Post to Poll Thread Please - 12/18/2023 10:46:27 AM   
oskiwawa

quote:

ORIGINAL: YoDaddyO

I had to give this a bump because...

...IT'S BEEN OVER 11 YEARS!!!!

Cheers to those still standing from that epic weekend!

As a reminder here are GALVEZGUY's event notes: https://www.cellartracker.com/new/event.asp?iEvent=18035

What a coincidence. We were just talking about that event this week. What a great time it was.

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 393
RE: CT Texas IV - 12/18/2023 1:39:35 PM   
KPB

A shame I live so far from Texas! I used to be a regular down there -- a research group that often would meet in Austin or Houston. I've never had better chicken-fried-rattlesnake. Or more generous portions of bbq. Good enough to wear, and I'm afraid I've yet to lose the poundage.

My wife was fascinated with some web site last night that shows how the US consumption of various meats has varied over the decades, compared against the parts of Europe where she was born and her family still lives (we are headed into that zone on Wednesday). The upshot was that beef consumption is as far down as it was back in 1909 (!), but chicken is way up, and as a result the US meat per capita is up. Belgium is a bit lower (they have a lot of fish there).

Anyhow, I think the site may have just assumed Texas is some other country or something, because one bbq meal I'm remembering in the "hill country" west of Austin must have been around 3 lbs per person, and they seemed very sad when we couldn't take another platter. That was washed down with an unmemorable beer, but with the reds you seem to have in mind... and maybe a touch less in terms of total mass of bbq... it would really be tempting.

Ken Birman
The Professor of Brettology

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 394
RE: CT Texas IV - 12/25/2023 9:08:03 PM   
jlop

Hi folks,

if anyone is up for a meet up between now and Jan 3 in either Austin or San Antonio, feel free to reach out.
I am happy to host in San Antonio if need be. I do like planning far ahead, but given the holiday lull would be very open to something more immediate and to spread holiday cheer.

In any case, happy holidays!

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 395
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Texas - Post to Poll Thread Please Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI