CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Active Users

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Active Users - 11/30/2017 10:18:49 AM   
musedir

Good help is always so hard to find.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36511
RE: Active Users - 11/30/2017 12:58:03 PM   
mgriffith

It is almost a shame I am not going somewhere this holiday season when quantity would override quality.

The Costco location near Atlanta (Brookhaven) has a display of large formats for sale. Overpriced stuff to be sure, but think of the "WOW!" factor strolling into a party porting a 5 liter bottle of something!

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36512
RE: Active Users - 11/30/2017 1:22:07 PM   
WineGuyCO

Took a " mental health" day off. Told my wife every time my boss pisses me off I'm taking the next day off. He pissed me off yesterday so hence my vacation day. Knowing what an ahole he is I'm imagining many more of these.

Had a nice hour 20 minute walk. Lost my ATM card so dropped by the bank to cancel and get a new one. Stopped by store for more Coors light and veal loin for veal Parmesiana tonight. Got to watch the market set a new all time high anticipating tax reform. I've always been an advocate of low taxes, small government and reduced regulations. Then again, I've owned my own business and actually know how it works . We'll see.

Rick

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 36513
RE: Active Users - 11/30/2017 1:49:33 PM   
fingers

^ I agree with all of that, except the part about Coors Light

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36514
RE: Active Users - 11/30/2017 3:45:20 PM   
S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

My father in law drank it.
As much as I loved him, I simply couldn't buy it to toast him tonight.
We chose Agrapart instead.

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 36515
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 4:18:45 AM   
musedir

Good Friday morning all. Hope everyone is on the verge of a fun-filled weekend.

We’re off to Mobile this morning to visit with our financial advisor about the pending purchase of the Asheville home through a bank in Charlotte. A whole new way to buy a house without going down to the local bank. Tonight we’re visiting Bellingrath Botanical Gardens for their spectacular holiday light show.

Tomorrow we run over to Nawlins to visit the New Orleans Museum of Art with their director emeritus (that would make it 2 ex-directors and one active) to see an exhibition of his contemporary studio pottery that he has been building for eventual gift to NOMA. From all accounts it’s overwhelming. After lunch its a visit to his home to see more than 250 more ceramics, although 60-100 pieces reside in Maine where he keeps a summer residence.

THEN, its balls to the walls as we speed back to Mobile to see the second half of the Auburn-Georgia game. War Eagle!

Oh yes,wine will be drunk.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 36516
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 5:20:58 AM   
Eddie

We'll be in Asheville tomorrow night. When do you plan to move, Tom?

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36517
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 5:23:11 AM   
musedir

Not until April/May of 2019 but I hate to be in a rush...

What brings a Kentucky duo to the western Carolina mountains?

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36518
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 5:30:30 AM   
Eddie

It's a good halfway-point between us and Charleston, where we are taking our annual vacation. I have arthritic knees now, and keeping them bent for long periods of time (as is necessary in a long drive) mitigates against doing it all in one day. So we stop in Asheville and spend the night on the way down and back up. We'll have supper at the Sierra Nevada Brewery tomorrow night. Have you been there yet? I recommend it.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36519
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 6:02:21 AM   
RedRedMoreRed

Friday Morning. Day 1 of forced retirement. What does one do with such a day?

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy ~ Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36520
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 6:55:06 AM   
dontime

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedRedMoreRed

CT inventory? In your case, that could take care of a week or so.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to RedRedMoreRed)
Post #: 36521
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 6:56:39 AM   
Eddie

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedRedMoreRed

If I were in your shoes, I'd make an excursion over to B-21 in Tarpon Springs.

Post #: 36522
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 9:35:56 AM   
RedRedMoreRed

Eddie, you do know that you could be arrested and charged with "enabling in the 1st degree." And they could tack on abetting an escape from the moratorium. You are one bad dude.

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy ~ Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36523
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 9:40:44 AM   
CranBurgundy

I'm with Eddie. Take a leisurely drive to B-21, then maybe Leuken's Liqors, and come home to a nice bottle in the decanter.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

Post #: 36524
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 10:22:40 AM   
WineGuyCO

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

My father in law drank it.
As much as I loved him, I simply couldn't buy it to toast him tonight.
We chose Agrapart instead.

I was weaned on Coors by my grandfather and was his favorite beer. This was long before micro brews and all of the great beers available now. When I played in the minor leagues in Tennessee back in 1975 he brought cases out for me and my East Coast buddies who had never had it. Back then, it was only available west of the Rockies. So it was kind of a treat for me and those who had never tried it. Some liked it some didn't. Just like now. It's was better than PBR, Schlitz, Olympia and the rest of that stuff available in the old days.

I enjoy a good Porter or Nitro Stout, IPA etc. from time to time but they are heavy and I can't drink more than one or two. Coors Light is great because it doesn't fill you up. It's just a resfreshing water substitute.

Rick

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 36525
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 3:09:57 PM   
PinotPhile

B-21 has a nice selection. A good choice for FL Secret Santa recipients IMHO.

Useful to file away for trips to FL.

Drive there I would.

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 36526
RE: Active Users - 12/1/2017 4:05:23 PM   
mtpisgah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie

It's a good halfway-point between us and Charleston, where we are taking our annual vacation. I have arthritic knees now, and keeping them bent for long periods of time (as is necessary in a long drive) mitigates against doing it all in one day. So we stop in Asheville and spend the night on the way down and back up. We'll have supper at the Sierra Nevada Brewery tomorrow night. Have you been there yet? I recommend it.

If you were passing through next weekend, I would join you, unfortunately we already have plans for tomorrow.

Sierra Nevada has much better food than beer, it is a great place to go after a hike or ride. Have you been to New Belgium? Better beer, but no food other than a food truck. We had a darn tasty grilled cheese there a few weeks ago though.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36527
RE: Active Users - 12/2/2017 4:16:16 AM   
Eddie

We'll be off to Asheville about mid-morning, and after an overnight stay, on to Charleston. We're looking forward to meeting S1 (finally).

I hope all of you have a pleasant weekend.

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 36528
RE: Active Users - 12/2/2017 7:59:53 AM   
Eddie

Well....we were just about to get into the car to leave, and I asked my wife if we might need reservations for dinner at the taproom....she went to their web site, only to find that they are closed today. So now we're scrambling around trying to figure out where to eat tonight. We'd even arranged to stay at the hotel closest to the brewery!

< Message edited by Eddie -- 12/2/2017 8:00:51 AM >

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36529
RE: Active Users - 12/2/2017 11:53:38 AM   
PinotPhile

Eddie, hope your knees are manageable during the trip and hope that you find a good dinner location. Frustrating when that happens....I can relate to both situations. Generalized morning stiffness that worsens when mornings are chilly. Which they are now. But it is December. And on our vacation we wanted to order takeout from a highly-regarded pizza place. Duh, pizza takeout. But no, they had people waiting in line for 2 hours just to dine in (get a life) so would not even accept a takeout order. Found a great closer place, though. So there.

Morning to all. Morning Thunder Tea by Celestial Seasonings. Haven't had this stuff in years; forgot how very good it us. Sure works today. Much kitchen fussing on the agenda. Someone's birthday festivities begin today. Making calzone as he dropped a hint about it last weekend. And gingerbread. And chose a 2003 Cab because he likes big reds. Some work, but he's worth it. College football for entertainment and good tea for energy. I will git 'er done.

Hope all have a great weekend.

Cheers!

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36530
RE: Active Users - 12/2/2017 12:42:58 PM   
jmcmchi

Third grandson born - we won't go over there until they are out of hospital mid-week....

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36531
RE: Active Users - 12/2/2017 2:33:02 PM   
musedir

Back from Nawlins after looking at ceramics all day and now watching the battle royale between Auburn and Georgia. Could be a better score.

(in reply to jmcmchi)
Post #: 36532
RE: Active Users - 12/2/2017 4:41:37 PM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmcmchi

Third grandson born - we won't go over there until they are out of hospital mid-week....

Congratulations Pop-pop!

.... or is that Pop-pop-pop now with 3 grandchildren?

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to jmcmchi)
Post #: 36533
RE: Active Users - 12/3/2017 8:24:14 AM   
Wine_Strategies

just back from a great trip to Portland, Oregon. The weather was OK, for Portland, but the company and the experiences were superb.

Now setting about to re-pack my WineCheck as I depart for NY/NJ/CT on Wednesday. (6-12)

A few days after that, I'll be 3 nights in Las Vegas (baby!), in case any of you winos are there, too. (16,17,18)

Will then head to our annual retreat for xmas holidays at The Broadmoor (again, if any winos will be there, let's coordinate). (22-27)

A (possible) trip to New Orleans is yet unclear (hope to resolve this w/in next 24 hours, one way or another), just after the New Year, then possibly to The OC for some days before making my way east, landing in Italy in early March, where I'll stay for 3 months.

So there you have it, let's crack some bottles, fellow travelers!

Tim

https://ItalianWine.Smugmug.com

https://www.italianwine.blog

Post #: 36534
RE: Active Users - 12/3/2017 9:24:54 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

I'll be in Wenatchee next Wednesday if anyone wants to try some apple juice.

Safe travels, W_S!

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to Wine_Strategies)
Post #: 36535
RE: Active Users - 12/3/2017 10:23:30 AM   
mgriffith

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmcmchi

Congratulations Pop-pop!

.... or is that Pop-pop-pop now with 3 grandchildren?

After three he is rechristened "Bubble Wrap" - pop-pop-pop......

Congrats! Now to wreak your vengeance on your offspring and the travails they put you through by spoiling the grandchildren.

Post #: 36536
RE: Active Users - 12/3/2017 10:27:59 AM   
mgriffith

TW found a cocktail obviously named after me that she insisted on trying last night.

Suffering Bastard - One oz each bourbon, gin, and lime juice over ice in a rocks glass topped with ginger ale and a dash of bitters

Gin (shudder) - like swilling hairspray!

So it now seems I have two beverages named after me - the aforementioned Suffering Bastard and the wine label Fat Bastard. If there were some way to combine them into a single concoction then the resulting name would be perfect: Suffering Fat Bastard!

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 36537
RE: Active Users - 12/3/2017 10:34:12 AM   
jmcmchi

quote:

Now to wreak your vengeance on your offspring and the travails they put you through by spoiling the grandchildren.

They've been warned

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 36538
RE: Active Users - 12/3/2017 10:34:30 AM   
S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: mgriffith

TW found a cocktail obviously named after me that she insisted on trying last night.

Suffering Bastard - One oz each bourbon, gin, and lime juice over ice in a rocks glass topped with ginger ale and a dash of bitters

So it now seems I have two beverages named after me - the aforementioned Suffering Bastard and the wine label Fat Bastard. If there were some way to combine them into a single concoction then the resulting name would be perfect: Suffering Fat Bastard!

Served in a souvenir cup

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to mgriffith)
Post #: 36539
RE: Active Users - 12/3/2017 10:42:06 AM   
mgriffith

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: mgriffith

Served in a souvenir cup

Literal 'snort' reading that!

I've only had occasion to utilize said item once, and then only amid much protesting on my part. Post procedure and they wanted to obligatory sample but would not allow me to rise and make use of the facilities deeming me still under too much anesthesia. I did NOT want to violate decades of training about what one does and does not do in bed.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 36540
Page:   <<   < prev  1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI