CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Active Users

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Active Users - 1/7/2018 8:02:37 PM   
jrockman

Condolences, Eddie; best wishes to you and your wife.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 36871
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 4:01:58 AM   
Eddie

We thank all of you for your kind condolences.

She passed peacefully at home, in her sleep, which is what she wanted.

(in reply to jrockman)
Post #: 36872
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 4:11:35 AM   
musedir

Monday,Monday... Go Dawgs, Roll Tide! Watch the roads for ice and be careful.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36873
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 7:30:15 AM   
dontime

No ice in central FL and none in the forecast. Going to be a great week!

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36874
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 10:28:33 AM   
PinotPhile

Good morning all. Tea is great this morning. Weather is more humid w/forecast of rain tonight and heavier rain Tuesday. As SoCal folks we believe rain when we see it. And we need what we get.

Ambivalent about tonight's college football game. May sorta watch. NFL Playoffs getting interesting. With my team out, those I support in some way are few. Saints (Brees is a Purdue grad, ties to that school), Steelers (long-time fan out of respect for legacy). Big no-no to Patriots, so anyone who defeats them would be good.

Does anyone really pay attention to the Pro Bowl?

Now thinking through wine and beer planning/budget for 2018. 2017 we were in good shape. That's kind of fun stuff. No interesting January wine sales noted yet.

Cheers!

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36875
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 11:30:39 AM   
MindMuse

Checking in after the holidays.
Eddie, condolences to you and wife's family. We have a friend whose wife was near death through the holidays, but I think held on until a few days ago to get him through that time. (Old Doug, this was Mrs. Redwine.)
Left Coast Dennis, good luck with your procedure.

I'm garbed in Red & Black today, rooting for the Dawgs. Hoping to howl at the moon during an ebbing Tide.
I watched Georgia's last national championship game with my Dad. That's always been a special memory.
Hoping to be on the other side tonight as my son joins me, and hope to start a new generational memory.

< Message edited by MindMuse -- 1/8/2018 11:31:06 AM >

... she uncorked it and put it to her lips. "I know something interesting is sure to happen," she said to herself, "whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does."
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36876
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 11:36:44 AM   
mclancy10006

quote:

ORIGINAL: MindMuse

Checking in after the holidays.
Eddie, condolences to you and wife's family. We have a friend whose wife was near death through the holidays, but I think held on until a few days ago to get him through that time. (Old Doug, this was Mrs. Redwine.)
Left Coast Dennis, good luck with your procedure.

I'm garbed in Red & Black today, rooting for the Dawgs. Hoping to howl at the moon during an ebbing Tide.
I watched Georgia's last national championship game with my Dad. That's always been a special memory.
Hoping to be on the other side tonight as my son joins me, and hope to start a new generational memory.

You mean for Bama? I have no dog or tide in this fight just trying to stir up trouble. :)

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 36877
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 11:44:49 AM   
bretrooks

Sorry for the sad news, Eddie.

WSET L3 in Wines
My Cellar

(in reply to mclancy10006)
Post #: 36878
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 12:44:53 PM   
khmark7

Jury duty this morning was real quick. Most of us were dismissed without service. So i have spent some time working out and now sipping the last of coffee made from my beans from Zimbabwe before heading out for an afternoon jog before it gets dark.

SEC championship game this afternoon doesn't interest this Midwestern boy. Many around here felt that Ohio St should have been in the playoff.

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to bretrooks)
Post #: 36879
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 2:17:05 PM   
WineGuyCO

Hour and a half workout this morning. 45 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the Stairmaster and 25 minutes on the recumbent bike. Will slowly mix in some weights. Took a little drive to the Total Wine and More in Temecula which is 40 minutes.

Can't believe they opened one in Temecula before San Diego. Oh well. Wanted some Syrah but the selection was very disappointing. Only thing good was Jonata for $125 a bottle. Pass. So I bought some 2015 Williams Selyem Eastside Road Pinot, 2014 Loring Gary's Pinot and some 2014 Tommasi Amarone

Rick

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 36880
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 3:18:41 PM   
S1

No school again tomorrow; still icy on backroads.

Tomorrow should do it--no freeze tonight and temps heading for mid 60s.

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36881
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 4:42:23 PM   
musedir

Ice has passed in Loachapoka but hoping the same stays true for Friday when we close on our new townhouse. It’s Dr. M’s BD present... which she wil enjoy when she joins Don, Dennis and me in this life of “bumdom”!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 36882
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 6:22:02 PM   
Eddie

After 10 days of Alaskan weather it warmed up and drizzled here.....we dined out in Lexington with relatives, and on the way back drove through the thickest fog I've seen in 40 years. What a weird winter for weather.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36883
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 6:39:29 PM   
CranBurgundy

Icy sleet here in Joizey. Just went to take out the trash and slid slowly down the entire driveway. Weeeeeeeeeee!

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36884
RE: Active Users - 1/8/2018 11:05:26 PM   
MindMuse

<sigh>

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 36885
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 4:00:48 AM   
Ibetian

Good morning CT nation!

Congrats to Bama, again, and sorry for your loss Georgia.

I’ve been up for a while, did a business TV gig and soon heading into the office for a full day. I thought we old farts got to mail it in?! Oh well, heading to FL soon so nothing, really to complain about.

(in reply to MindMuse)
Post #: 36886
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 4:35:06 AM   
musedir

“Sigh” is right Dennis... that young man showed remarkable poise after being sacked to throw that TD pass. Sorry Dawgs.

Anyway, after staying up “late” to watch the Big Game,I slept in this am. Easy day tho. After taking elder doxie to vet to check on eye healing progress, its back home to start assembling a travel package for part-time stays in new home — coffee maker, coffee, cups, plates, silverware, paper towels, toilet paper, and, oh yes, wine and wine glasses (all purpose). All the comforts of home. Friday’s travel is going to be miserable as rain is forecast all day and our closing was moved to 1pm that necessitates a 6:30am departure Friday morning (5-hr drive).

So how is your Tuesday going so far?

(in reply to Ibetian)
Post #: 36887
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 8:31:17 AM   
WineGuyCO

Rainy and windy day in San Diego. Watching the stock market and getting ready for my daily workout soon. No other plans for the day. If the rain eases up I may venture out for some 2013 Gramercy Cellars Columbia Valley Syrah a local shop has for $25. Will be the lowest priced wine in my cellar.

Rick

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36888
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 8:54:40 AM   
dontime

I'm up now. What did I miss Tom?

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36889
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 8:59:20 AM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontime

Nice of you to join us at the crack of noon.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36890
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 9:27:57 AM   
musedir

quote:

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36891
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 9:37:20 AM   
dontime

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

quote:

Nice of you to join us at the crack of noon.

Hey! I was up before noon.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 36892
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 12:15:31 PM   
PinotPhile

Rick, I'm sure you didn't miss the heavy rain during rush hour and morning commute today. We received 2+ inches of precip since midnight, a blessing. Enjoyed hearing the rain late last night. Don't get that soothing sound here very often. Also, bought some Gramercy Syrah for $26 from a LWS as a gift for my SIL. The price = a great value based on the tasting of Gramercy I attended, for sure. Hope your wine hiatus is going well.

Tom, did follow the game last night and it was good. Sorry about the Dawgs. Maybe the Falcons will do better, or maybe you support another team?

Morning Thunder tea was badly needed after my first gym workout of 2018. 12-day break, took it easy on Monday. Did fine. Maybe just a swim this afternoon. Wisdom of listening to aging body not always easy.

On the wine release front, noted that Rivers-Marie is soon. Will review CT scores, etc. Prince of Pinot also had a write-up recently which was positive. If anyone has favs or recommendations they are welcome. No experience here.

Morning tea and evening red wine Cheers!

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36893
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 1:19:09 PM   
WineGuyCO

PP,

No commute is great. Enjoying it. Also love going into stores that are empty. There was three of us in SD Wine Co. . I'm getting used to no emails, no meetings, no voice messages, no questions, nothing that has a deadline, no planning, nobody barging in on me with their disaster du jour, no complaining customers, no asshat boss .

I'm settling in quite nicely to my new life of as the Italians say "Far Niente." Literally translated " To Do Nothing." Appropriate here as it's also a pretty good winery. Carry on Garth.

Rick

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36894
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 1:33:59 PM   
dontime

mrs. dontime and I enjoy Rivers-Marie PN and, like others, find the entry level PN to be a very nice QPR. Release day is the same as the Myriad high ends Cabs, so decisions will need to be made.

We took in The Greatest Showman this afternoon. I enjoyed it much more than anticipated. Now to do some on-line reading about the real P.T. Barnum...

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36895
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 3:19:22 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie

Well, my mother-in-law passed away last night. My wife said, "I think she was just waiting for us all to get out of the way".

Eddie: So very sorry to hear about the passing of your mother-in-law. Thoughts are with you. More than you might know.

We're still elder-care giving for my mom-in-law. Full-time since May 2015. Know all about the feeling of wanting to get out, even for a short bit. Last time both of us were out for dinner together was January 2016.

Hospice is now again involved. Mom's still at home. We're still doing the lion's share of the work, but it's great having a nurse by once a week. Our big thing is having someone else other than us just look at Mom. Assess how she is doing. Since Mom doesn't want to go back to the hospital, calling 911 is not an option.

But we have wine.

And gin.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36896
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 3:51:22 PM   
Eddie

quote:

ORIGINAL: wadcorp

quote:

Well, my mother-in-law passed away last night. My wife said, "I think she was just waiting for us all to get out of the way".

Eddie: So very sorry to hear about the passing of your mother-in-law. Thoughts are with you. More than you might know.

We're still elder-care giving for my mom-in-law. Full-time since May 2015. Know all about the feeling of wanting to get out, even for a short bit. Last time both of us were out for dinner together was January 2016.

Hospice is now again involved. Mom's still at home. We're still doing the lion's share of the work, but it's great having a nurse by once a week. Our big thing is having someone else other than us just look at Mom. Assess how she is doing. Since Mom doesn't want to go back to the hospital, calling 911 is not an option.

But we have wine.

And gin.

Have a consultation with some attorneys who specialize in elder-care law issues, if you haven't already. This is really important.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36897
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 4:02:53 PM   
wadcorp

quote:

Have a consultation with some attorneys who specialize in elder-care law issues, if you haven't already. This is really important.

Ah, if we had the time, we'd likely pursue a malpractice against the surgeon who did Mom's hip-replacement. She picked up VRE (a disease you can only get in the Congo, or in an operating room theatre). They had to take her new hardware OUT, so she has no hip on one side. He says he'd redo the surgery once she is infection-free, but we've since found out you cannot get rid of VRE.

My wife has full power of medical & legal attorney for Mom. All bank accounts are in both their names, as is the title of the house. We've done most of the prepping in regards to the legal end of things.

You're right, it's really important.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36898
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 4:41:34 PM   
WineGuyCO

Just got the email about The Outpost Wines release on 1/16/2018. They are releasing their 2015 Cabernet and Cab Blend. I'm probably going in for 6 bottles of the Estate Cab Howell Mountain. Anybody else going to bite?

Rick

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36899
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 6:55:05 PM   
dontime

I'm going to split a six-pack of the Estate with a friend in Tampa.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36900
Page:   <<   < prev  1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI