CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: CT Texas IV

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Texas IV Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/25/2012 3:09:04 PM   
wineismylife

Looks like Dave is working on his stuff today.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 361
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/25/2012 3:54:14 PM   
floydtp

quote:

ORIGINAL: YoDaddyO

Anyone planning on posting notes as an "EVENT"?

Just kind of figured this out...i probably don't remember from the offline in San Antonio...i'm lucky i remember we had one...

I will post as an event assuming I ever get through all my notes, which, of course, assumes I can both read and decipher my notes. They look like they were written in Klingon!

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 362
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/26/2012 9:02:38 AM   
GalvezGuy

I have notes for Friday night and the blind tasting done. I hope to have the event finished and ready to go by tomorrow.

Burgundy makes you think of silly things; Bordeaux makes you talk about them; Champagne makes you do them.

(in reply to floydtp)
Post #: 363
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/26/2012 9:15:39 AM   
YoDaddyO

quote:

ORIGINAL: GalvezGuy

I have notes for Friday night and the blind tasting done. I hope to have the event finished and ready to go by tomorrow.

You rock!

Yo Cameron, Tom, Joe and Joe...are you guys gonna post some as well?

Enquiring minds want to know...

DaddyO

Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin

"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 364
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/26/2012 12:38:35 PM   
GalvezGuy

Here are my notes. Pictures and missing notes to come later.

https://www.cellartracker.com/new/event.asp?iEvent=18035

Burgundy makes you think of silly things; Bordeaux makes you talk about them; Champagne makes you do them.

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 365
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/26/2012 10:03:57 PM   
YoDaddyO

quote:

Here are my notes. Pictures and missing notes to come later.

https://www.cellartracker.com/new/event.asp?iEvent=18035

I'm speechless...awesome notes...I feel like you did a full on replay of the whole weekend.

Especially night two with the Gewurztraminer... and the Torbreck Run Rig...

I reeeeaaallly am thankful to have had someone thoughtfully document their experience for the evening...i simply can't wait to do it again!

Give a shout out to Barbie!

DaddyO

Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin

"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 366
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/27/2012 8:33:38 AM   
GalvezGuy

I missed a few wines, the Phantasi Roussanne did not cross my palate and I could not remember the older cab that bolsen brought over. I remember the taste of it but the name escapes me. I know it was a 93 but that is about it. I also did not get to the Opus or your other wines.

< Message edited by GalvezGuy -- 5/27/2012 8:52:47 AM >

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 367
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/27/2012 10:54:26 AM   
GalvezGuy

A few photos

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150916924240690.437432.668620689&type=3

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 368
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/30/2012 12:29:55 PM   
ckinv368

So, the last week / long weekend were pretty busy (have about 60 yards of tree / brush debris to show for it). Sorry it has taken me so long to post notes. Here is the link to the event I created though. Had a wonderful time, though, and thanks to everyone again for the wonderful wine, the wonderful company, and to YoDaddyO for he and his family hosting! (also, thanks for putting up with my singing)

https://www.cellartracker.com/event.asp?iEvent=18092

After the two bottles of claret, we had three bottles of Krug . . . one for love, one for country, and one for symmetry. -- A.J. Liebling

When in doubt, sip your dessert.

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 369
RE: CT Texas IV - 5/30/2012 1:10:47 PM   
YoDaddyO

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckinv368

So, the last week / long weekend were pretty busy (have about 60 yards of tree / brush debris to show for it). Sorry it has taken me so long to post notes. Here is the link to the event I created though. Had a wonderful time, though, and thanks to everyone again for the wonderful wine, the wonderful company, and to YoDaddyO for he and his family hosting! (also, thanks for putting up with my singing)

https://www.cellartracker.com/event.asp?iEvent=18092

Thanks for the notes C!

Had a fabulous time and have to confess to a bit of a let down now that it's over...gotta find a new obsession this summer...i wish i could rewind and replay.

DaddyO

(in reply to ckinv368)
Post #: 370
RE: CT Texas IV - 6/5/2012 5:58:43 PM   
floydtp

Great job on the notes so far. One question for GalvezGuy- I noticed you had notes for the Bond magnum listed on Friday night. If my memory serves me correctly (and it probably doesn't) we didn't open the Bond on Friday. I was thinking that it was the bottle we had left at the end that we decided not to open. What I can't remember is if we opened it on Saturday despite being responsible for opening most of the bottles.

Also, here are my notes from Friday.

https://www.cellartracker.com/event.asp?iEvent=18185

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 371
RE: CT Texas IV - 6/6/2012 6:13:20 AM   
GalvezGuy

The Bond was opened. I have the picture to prove it. The Opus One was saved for the next night and the leftover Bond was served as well. The 93 Cab that I could not recall was Vineyard 29. Now that I remember the name I will post a note for it. I never did get a glass of the Opus but I think I had enough the way it was BTW great notes!! I like seeing the similarities and differences on how other folks experience the same wines.

< Message edited by GalvezGuy -- 6/6/2012 6:14:41 AM >

(in reply to floydtp)
Post #: 372
RE: CT Texas IV - 6/6/2012 7:11:32 PM   
floydtp

Thanks for clearing it up. On another subject, I emailed the Schultzes about the significant amount of stuff in the bottom of the Henry's 2003 that looked like grape skins that ended up in mjobtx' glass. Jim said they didn't use a screen in the bottling process pre-2005 and some bottles would end up with some bits of grape in them.

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 373
RE: CT Texas IV - 6/6/2012 9:02:07 PM   
GalvezGuy

That would explain why the 03 Henry's was so tannic. I bet it will take another five years for the tannins to melt down a little.

(in reply to floydtp)
Post #: 374
RE: CT Texas IV - 12/23/2012 10:25:18 AM   
YoDaddyO

Bump!!!

I smell Sequel!!!

DaddyO

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 375
RE: CT Texas IV - 12/28/2012 4:18:52 PM   
GalvezGuy

+1

Agreed. Maybe a return to San Antonio? Houston? Back to the big D??

quote:

Bump!!!

I smell Sequel!!!

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 376
RE: CT Texas IV - 12/28/2012 4:18:58 PM   
GalvezGuy

+1

quote:

Bump!!!

I smell Sequel!!!

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 377
RE: CT Texas IV - 12/28/2012 6:12:32 PM   
oskiwawa

+1

quote:

+1

quote:

Bump!!!

I smell Sequel!!!

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 378
RE: CT Texas IV - 12/28/2012 7:17:31 PM   
wineismylife

I'm good to go but PURPLE can't make it until April 16th at the earliest at this point. Don't let that change your plans in any way.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to oskiwawa)
Post #: 379
RE: CT Texas IV - 12/28/2012 8:06:56 PM   
champagneinhand

I want to knock off a trip to Texas for an offline this year. Dallas works for me.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 380
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/3/2013 3:03:03 PM   
acacord

+1

Obviously, I'd love to see this in SA this year. I did already talk to the Wine Manager at the Boiler House (http://www.boilerhousesa.com) about using their second floor for part of the events of the weekend. I know the Wine Manager, the GM, and the Chef all pretty well. If anyone's interested, and we decide on SA, I can continue the dialog with them.

They love me right now... just picked up a 6 pack of Hillside from them (they have a retail permit, too).

Regardless of where we do this, the 2 that I have participated in were incredible. I'm in for another.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 381
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/3/2013 3:20:12 PM   
GalvezGuy

I am fine with SA. A weekend in the first two weeks of May works best.

quote:

ORIGINAL: acacord

+1

Obviously, I'd love to see this in SA this year. I did already talk to the Wine Manager at the Boiler House (http://www.boilerhousesa.com) about using their second floor for part of the events of the weekend. I know the Wine Manager, the GM, and the Chef all pretty well. If anyone's interested, and we decide on SA, I can continue the dialog with them.

They love me right now... just picked up a 6 pack of Hillside from them (they have a retail permit, too).

Regardless of where we do this, the 2 that I have participated in were incredible. I'm in for another.

(in reply to acacord)
Post #: 382
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/3/2013 5:40:04 PM   
oskiwawa

IN.

First week of May better as I have a UT and a High School Graduation in the back half of the month. Will be great no matter what.

quote:

I am fine with SA. A weekend in the first two weeks of May works best.

quote:

ORIGINAL: acacord

+1

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 383
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/3/2013 5:58:03 PM   
BornToRhone

Also IN! I selected Dallas on the poll but am really open for anywhere folks will treat us winos right!

-- The answer may not lie at the bottom of a bottle of wine, but you should at least check. --

(in reply to oskiwawa)
Post #: 384
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/4/2013 7:49:18 AM   
ckinv368

I'd vote for Big-D, but regardless the first weekend in May probably works for us.

After the two bottles of claret, we had three bottles of Krug . . . one for love, one for country, and one for symmetry. -- A.J. Liebling

When in doubt, sip your dessert.

(in reply to BornToRhone)
Post #: 385
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/4/2013 10:43:03 AM   
BGLJr

I'm fairly new to the boards and wine for that matter but would love to participate! I'm in Austin but can really go wherever! Let me know how I can help and contribute...

(in reply to ckinv368)
Post #: 386
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/4/2013 11:05:42 AM   
GalvezGuy

We run these on a first come first serve and try to limit group size to 16-20 as with bigger groups you have to bring two bottles or a magnum of everything so that everyone gets a pour.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BGLJr

I'm fairly new to the boards and wine for that matter but would love to participate! I'm in Austin but can really go wherever! Let me know how I can help and contribute...

(in reply to BGLJr)
Post #: 387
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/4/2013 2:29:25 PM   
mjobtx

Having two threads on this subject is starting to get confusing. Can we move the discussion to the CT V thread please?

PlanoWino

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 388
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/4/2013 3:11:37 PM   
YoDaddyO

I make a motion and so move...

quote:

ORIGINAL: mjobtx

Having two threads on this subject is starting to get confusing. Can we move the discussion to the CT V thread please?

DaddyO

(in reply to mjobtx)
Post #: 389
RE: CT Texas IV - 1/4/2013 3:16:18 PM   
GalvezGuy

If all y'all would stop posting to this thread it would move to the bottom

(in reply to YoDaddyO)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Texas IV Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI