CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Cayuse

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Cayuse Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
[Poll]

Cayuse

1-3 years
  48% (48)
4-6 years
  21% (21)
Seems like forever
  31% (31)

Total Votes : 100

(last vote on : 10/24/2023 10:59:39 AM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2015 1:40:55 PM   
mye

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sourdough

Me 3! Not sure I care any more though. I have been on Reynvaan for two years and their quality is good enough that I don't particularly care.

Honestly, that's how i felt..
I signed up in 2008, bought last 2 years.. while you wait you wonder if you will even care when you make it.. but if you like the wine, you like the wine.
when you get the call/email... you'll jump right in.

(in reply to Sourdough)
Post #: 91
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2015 2:24:07 PM   
hankj

quote:

ORIGINAL: mye

quote:

Me 3! Not sure I care any more though. I have been on Reynvaan for two years and their quality is good enough that I don't particularly care.

I signed up in 2008, bought last 2 years.. while you wait you wonder if you will even care when you make it.. but if you like the wine, you like the wine.

Mark do I need to remind you that your job here is to make people give up on the list, not hang on? :)

There are those who'd call us a bunch of sots but we don't see ourselves like that. We see ourselves as hobbyists. - Kevin Barry

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 92
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2015 7:31:45 PM   
junglejuice

Been on the wait list for 2 years. Although I DID just land the Horsepower list, with an allocation for the 2012 Tribe. However, at $115 per bottle it is significantly more expensive than anything for sale at Cayuse, including Bionic Frog. I am sure it will be worth it but the price is a bit off putting considering the youth of the vineyard.

< Message edited by junglejuice -- 1/6/2015 7:32:16 PM >

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 93
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2015 8:48:36 PM   
dsGris

quote:

Although I DID just land the Horsepower list, with an allocation for the 2012 Tribe. However, at $115 per bottle it is significantly more expensive than anything for sale at Cayuse, including Bionic Frog. I am sure it will be worth it but the price is a bit off putting considering the youth of the vineyard.

I can buy 2 bottles of Clos Electrique for that and that is pushing my limit. Though I did buy a bottle of Cameron Nebbiolo @ $70 and one bottle of Lilllian @ $75.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to junglejuice)
Post #: 94
RE: Cayuse - 1/7/2015 2:58:24 PM   
SkeBum

So after my heartless rejection from Cayuse yesterday, I get an email from my friends at Rhys saying save your money because we are going to sell you some wine at the end of January. So it just proves everything happens for a reason, as if I would have bought Cayuse, I wouldn't have as much money to spend on Rhys. Good news as I love their wines.

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 95
RE: Cayuse - 1/5/2016 5:53:56 PM   
wine247365

It's that time of year to bump the Cayuse Wait List roll call! No soup for me again. ...been waiting since 1879.

The number of bottles I buy is nothing in comparison to the bottles I don’t buy. Let’s have a little perspective please.

(in reply to atkinson_b2)
Post #: 96
RE: Cayuse - 1/5/2016 6:17:33 PM   
khmark7

No soup for me....again...

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to wine247365)
Post #: 97
RE: Cayuse - 1/5/2016 6:34:02 PM   
S1

ditto
Satisfying cravings with No Girls and Horsepower

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to khmark7)
Post #: 98
RE: Cayuse - 1/5/2016 7:18:39 PM   
mwest

When Reynvaan first came out at $45 per bottle and they had Christophe as a consulting wine maker I felt they were the ****. Several vintages in with stratospheric price increases and tasting at every release I am starting to doubt that they can hold their own without Christophe as the consulting wine maker. Yes they have the sites... that said I have been less impressed with the recent wines at the new tariff. I am supper curious how this turns out as I was buying their cabernet sauvignon based on site alone... but have been less convinced the last few years. I honestly suspect that if things don't change the first weekend of April this year that I will stop tasting there on release weekend as there are too many great alternatives at a lower tariff.
quote:

ORIGINAL: mye

quote:

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 99
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 7:29:28 AM   
Sourdough

Good point mwest!

My Reynvaan preorders will likely slow as a result of their prices. Still good but lots of good juice for $70 to $100 a bottle.

As a relative newbie on Cayuse I feel confident that by the time I get my allocation I won't care for being retired I envision drinking on what I have and slowly dropping my expenditures over time!

Salud!

(in reply to mwest)
Post #: 100
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 7:31:20 AM   
floydtp

Got my sixth "you will be rewarded for your perseverance" yesterday.

< Message edited by floydtp -- 1/6/2016 8:12:25 AM >

(in reply to Sourdough)
Post #: 101
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 8:03:08 AM   
Wine Gopher

quote:

ORIGINAL: wine247365

It's that time of year to bump the Cayuse Wait List roll call! No soup for me again. ...been waiting since 1879.

I've been on the list since 2011. They continue to refuse to take my money.

(in reply to wine247365)
Post #: 102
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 9:31:49 AM   
dsGris

Fron WB thread:
dsGriswold wrote:
Six years for me and I am not sure I even like the style anymore. Much prefer a ****ty OR Pinot @ half the price now. [cheers.gif]

Well later in the day I did get the "no nuts in your soup". I just may have to buy some Cameron to wash away the disappointment, It's really ****ty. [snort.gif]
DennisG

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to Wine Gopher)
Post #: 103
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 9:33:16 AM   
f22nickell

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydtp

Got my sixth "you will be rewarded for your perseverance" yesterday.

Ditto...

“ Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do. ”
— Ecclesiastes 9:7

F22nickell on CT ...
S_Nickell on WB ...

(in reply to floydtp)
Post #: 104
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 2:39:52 PM   
ShawnM789

No juice for me...

(in reply to f22nickell)
Post #: 105
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 3:08:40 PM   
cartey

I'm really starting to prefer no mail at all instead of the "no wine for you, but thanks for being a sucker" approach.

(in reply to ShawnM789)
Post #: 106
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 3:52:31 PM   
MindMuse

I made the list last September, after six years, two months, twelve days (i.e., July 2009) for those of you gauging your chances.

... she uncorked it and put it to her lips. "I know something interesting is sure to happen," she said to herself, "whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does."
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

(in reply to cartey)
Post #: 107
RE: Cayuse - 1/6/2016 3:57:10 PM   
skifree

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

ditto

I opened a 2009 No Girls Grenache yesterday, very similar taste profile to the 2009 GOK I opened last month. Think you have a solid plan.

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 108
RE: Cayuse - 1/7/2016 11:27:07 AM   
GalvezGuy

None for me. That means if I get in next year I will have spent over seven years on the list.

Burgundy makes you think of silly things; Bordeaux makes you talk about them; Champagne makes you do them.

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 109
RE: Cayuse - 1/7/2016 12:47:58 PM   
mc2 wines

The question: Is Christophe still making wine by the time we get off the Cayuse wait list? I'm not sure the odds are in our favor.

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to GalvezGuy)
Post #: 110
RE: Cayuse - 1/7/2016 2:15:28 PM   
Slye

Someone just posted on Winebeserkers that they had heard from an inside source that the current wait for the No Girls list is 6 years. I guess that means Cayuse is at least that long?

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 111
RE: Cayuse - 1/7/2016 11:57:15 PM   
dsGris

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc2 wines

The question: Is Christophe still making wine by the time we get off the Cayuse wait list? I'm not sure the odds are in our favor.

I doubt I will last that long.

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 112
RE: Cayuse - 1/8/2016 3:16:18 AM   
S1

quote:

ORIGINAL: skifree

quote:

ditto

I opened a 2009 No Girls Grenache yesterday, very similar taste profile to the 2009 GOK I opened last month. Think you have a solid plan.

drycab and I opened 08 NG and GOK side by side a few months ago.
Similar for sure but there is a difference of complexity I think.

"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 113
RE: Cayuse - 1/8/2016 10:14:19 AM   
Slye

quote:

quote:

quote:

ditto

Which one did you find more complex?

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 114
RE: Cayuse - 1/8/2016 3:10:47 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye

quote:

quote:

quote:

ditto

We did that a few months ago as well. To our taste GOK was more complex and I preferred although interesting because we drank with a broader crowd (not as wine-intense) and many of them preferred the No Girls.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 115
RE: Cayuse - 1/8/2016 3:15:13 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

Someone just posted on Winebeserkers that they had heard from an inside source that the current wait for the No Girls list is 6 years. I guess that means Cayuse is at least that long?

Given there are ppl in this forum who are in the 7th year that seems like a fair assumption.

Interesting that they can predict that No Girls is a 6 year wait when the label itself has not been around for 6 years.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 116
RE: Cayuse - 1/8/2016 3:42:02 PM   
S1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ditto

We did that a few months ago as well. To our taste GOK was more complex and I preferred although interesting because we drank with a broader crowd (not as wine-intense) and many of them preferred the No Girls.

GOK by far for us.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 117
RE: Cayuse - 1/8/2016 3:45:57 PM   
Slye

quote:

quote:

Given there are ppl in this forum who are in the 7th year that seems like a fair assumption.

Interesting that they can predict that No Girls is a 6 year wait when the label itself has not been around for 6 years.

Good point. Though it may have to do with the length of the list and their current production projections -- as well as possible drops.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 118
RE: Cayuse - 1/8/2016 4:20:03 PM   
vinopkm

This thread made me want to email No Girls, within 5 mins this was their response. Great customer service response time. I signed up same day and still waiting. I think priority was made to Cayuse members, if memory serves me right.

"Oh, sorry about the silence Patrick.  You are still on the list and we are working hard to expand the membership and quickly as we can.

The production of wine is quite limited and there were thousands of people who signed up on the first day the wine was offered in – just as you did.

Your entry is time stamped at 12:36 – you can’t be far down the list!  We currently in an ordering cycle and it’s possible that some people might not take their allocation this year and we’ll be able to add more people to the Mailing List.

It’s possible you could get the offering next month.  But if not, you’re in great position for an offering next vintage."

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 119
RE: Cayuse - 1/9/2016 2:59:52 PM   
champagneinhand

Over8ed. I asked them to remove me from the list a year ago, but I got the rejection letter. Thanks but no thanks. Anybody wanting my 2009 GOK can have it for what I paid at Total wines. So many great wines to play this marketing game. I guess I need to unsubscribe too.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to vinopkm)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Cayuse Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI