CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 5:01:42 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: argovb

I just was made aware of this post, and wanted to reply ASAP. Your experience has been traumatic, and I want to apologize for the mistakes that were made with your order. We will make every effort to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

According to our records, we received your order on 10/29/13 from Vintage Cellars, who is one of our best and most experienced dealers. Normally we require 1 week to fulfill orders for in-stock products, plus 2-3 weeks for transit. We apologize that the fulfillment of your order was delayed 2 weeks because we were overwhelmed by holiday orders. We continuously manage and update the expected ship dates for all open orders in our system, so that customers are aware of their order status on a real-time basis. Vintage Cellars should have been able to access and provide real-time updates to you regarding your order.

Our shipping policy states that 3800 and 5200 cabinets are delivered with 3 men. If site conditions warrant additional men, the carrier has the authority to reschedule the delivery and allocate additional men. Clearly, the carrier did not have the right team in place for your delivery.

The carrier is responsible for the removal of all packaging materials, installation of the moldings and alignment of the doors. When they do not complete their job initially, the protocol is to send them back to complete the job. If the cabinet doors still are not aligned, please send us a picture so that we can see the issue. From the first picture (before the foot was replaced), the cabinet doors appear to be aligned.

Once we receive your picture, we’ll assist Vintage Cellars to get the carrier scheduled to complete the job of installing the moldings and aligning the doors. If it’s possible, we’ll request a different shipping team.

In the meantime, we'll talk to the repairman who visited your home and, if necessary, we will ship a replacement tie bar to you, which can be easily replaced with a screwdriver. If you prefer, we will be glad to send the repairman back to replace the tie bar for you.

In your posting, you said that the cabinet was delivered on 12/3 – is that correct? When I checked our system, we shipped the replacement foot to you the next day, on 12/4, via Priority Mail, which normally delivers within 2-3 days.

I don't know why Vintage Cellars told you to fix the tie rods with a business card. We will review this topic with Vintage Cellars, as well as our fulfillment and transit timing guidelines, to make sure that customers are given better guidance in the future.

I will personally look into the glitch that sent a duplicate copy of your sales order to the wrong customer. This should not have happened once, let alone twice! It will not happen again.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experiences that you have had with Le Cache. I would like to send a $250 gift card to you, which you may use on any of our sites (listed below). If there’s anything else that you need, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to regain your trust.

Since you posted publicly, I will respond publicly ...

First, my sales receipt from Vintage Cellars specifies four-man delivery, and they came with three. But the number of men wasn't the problem so much as complete and total incompetence. And having absolutely NO equipment or training to move something of this size. (They had an appliance dolly and 2 moving blankets. That was it.) My husband brought in people to help or it never would have gotten done--at one point they threatened to leave it in my hallway and just go--and missed a fairly critical work meeting because the stress and tension in the house at that point, with a purchase of this size, was so high he just didn't feel he couldn't leave me alone safely with the crew. (And, by the way, if he had, they would have, at best, walked, because it was only him bringing in extra guys that kept them there.) It was not, in any way, shape or form, a good day for us.

Yes, 12/3 was the delivery date. During the debacle of which I was repeatedly taking with both Le Cache and Vintage Cellars via phone, as they were both telling me NOT to refuse the item, as it would absolutely be made right. I requested, quite reasonably, that the leg (a part that weighs about 1 lb.) be overnighted, hoping to get it on Wednesday so that the cabinet could be leveled and filled when I still had time to do so. Instead, it was shipped the next day (not the same day; even though the delivery was complete by 11 AM PT) and via USPS. I received it 12/9, which you, or anyone else, can confirm via tracking #9405510200829989807198. If you think that's super-speedy, high-priority treatment, I won't argue with you. I will add I was originally told by my customer service rep at Le Cache (whose name I'm happy to share privately, but not publicly, though I think you have it), the one I was speaking to throughout delivery, that "just putting some wood under it" was "as good as a leg," which makes no sense, since it's a leveling leg that needs to be adjustable to support and balance the cabinet.

And, maybe the picture isn't clear (the doors blend into the background of the cabinet itself), but the doors at that point were almost 1/2" out of alignment, with the left lower than the right. That's not OK, or as it should be.

As for the carrier being responsible. "The carrier" had never seen a wine cabinet before. Period. They couldn't move the thing, let alone level and set it up properly if their lives had depended on it. To "fix" the door hinge, they took a hammer to it and started pounding on it. I kid you not that I had to basically grab it out of their hands to try and protect the cabinet now that it was in my house. To say they should come back and do it again is, well, asinine ... "protocol" or not.

The furniture repair person that was at my home yesterday, and is supposed to return today, is much more knowledgable, and I do trust that he knows what he's doing. He's got the doors aligned, but to do so, the cabinet is un-level, because the left door hinge isn't right, allowing the door to sag. Is it because of the hammer? Who knows. For the record, the furniture guy didn't really think so. He's going to try and fix the hinge today, so we'll see where we are after that.

But, as of now, it's December 12, and I can't fill or use the cabinet I ordered and on October 29, when I paid full price for it. We have also now spent three days at home waiting for it to get repaired and delivered.

And, again, neither Le Cache nor Vintage Cellars ever told me of any delay with shipping. I was originally told "first week of November" for shipment, then when I was given an exact date, it was November 13. It took three emails to Vintage Cellars and Le Cache AFTER November 13, which came and went with no information, to determine what was going on and when my cabinet would ACTUALLY ship (versus being told when it would ship), which was November 19. This was all for an item, again, verified as "in stock," prior to placing the order.

Lastly, not to be rude, but a "$250 gift certificate" is a wildly empty gesture. My desire at this moment to purchase ANYTHING from either of your companies (Le Cache/Vintage Cellar or subsidiaries) is absolutely nill. It is nothing I want, need or plan to accept because, to me, it's utterly worthless.

Assuming the hinge can be repaired, and I'm sincerely hoping it can, that is a better option than trying to start over and go through the whole delivery process again. In fact, I WON'T go through the delivery process again. It was that bad. If you can't fix this unit, I don't want to start over with another one, because I just have no faith things would go any differently.

And I don't know where it should come from, but I do believe I deserve some monetary--not gift certificate--compensation for the time, trouble and damage that has occurred. Vintage Cellars, who was "shocked" to hear I thought this, said last week that they'd have the "company owner," call me on Monday. It's Thursday. I haven't heard from Vintage Cellars at all since December 9, when Beverly emailed me the phone number for the furniture restoration company.

I'm not sure what is fair but it seems like refunding the shipping costs, since it was a nightmare and we did part of it ourselves, would be a good start. I also think that we should get some money back on the cabinet for the damage that it sustained. Maybe that's not gonna happen, but if we had refused it, and you took it back, you'd be unable to sell it as new, so something like 5-10% cash back, seems like a pretty modest ask.

Having said all that, yes, I do feel like kind of a jerk asking for money. I wish I didn't have to. I wish the delivery had gone smoothly and I was here, instead, posting about my great Le Cache wine cabinet and how much I love it. I really, sincerely do ... You have no idea how much.

By the way, as an aside, we've also got a new sofa on order from Pottery Barn. It was supposed to be delivered last Friday, when there was a pretty good winter storm (for Oklahoma anyway). Of course, they couldn't deliver, and the reschedule was for quite a while out (December 17). Guess what? THEY called me to tell me they couldn't deliver and, even though the reason was absolutely beyond their control (weather), THEY immediately said they were refunding all shipping costs for the trouble. I didn't have to wonder IF it was coming or not, or ASK them for anything to make it right ... Not that I even would have, since this was a far less complicated and screwed up situation. It hadn't wasted a vast amount of my time. The circumstances of the delay were absolutely out of their control. And the couch, presumably, wasn't damaged. To me that was an example of outstanding customer service. Above and beyond.

What I have received so far from Vintage Cellars and Le Cache is the opposite. Not every company has to offer GREAT customer service like the above example though, if you do, I'll be your customer for life, but at least adequate service shouldn't be too much to ask.

(in reply to argovb)
Post #: 31
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 5:16:10 AM   
markandsusanw

Oh and, I, personally, think it's telling that the longest and most detailed response I've had from Le Cache--who previously has said "just deal with Vintage Cellars from here on out"--is in a public forum. (And if anyone wants to see their sum total of previous contact with me, which includes two shipping notices and two other emails, I'm happy to share as they are not at all personal, other than my address info; not to mention that Le Cache already sent them to a random stranger so, why not?) When they were talking to me, they didn't seem worried about customer service in the least. It was only when they discovered I was talking to OTHER PEOPLE about my experience that it seemed to be a concern.

Too cynical? Perhaps. But it also feels pretty accurate.

(in reply to markandsusanw)
Post #: 32
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 5:33:12 AM   
Eddie

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryPrez

Ben - appreciate the fact that you took the time to post publicly here on CT in this thread - but seriously - just send them a brand new, unblemished, first-quality replacement, do it ASAP, and make sure it gets delivered and installed properly.

Doing anything else is not worth the negative pr you're getting on this site among a group of affluent consumers that by any definition represent your primary core market. And worse, a group of consumers that are clearly not shy at all about expressing their opinions online. Forget about the fact that this thread is already searchable via Google and Bing - how long before it gets cross-referenced on Berserkers or Spectator or any one of a dozen other online wine discussion Boards?

This is not about a replacement tie rod, or about records being mis-managed, or a bad delivery, or door alignment, or any of the other issues raised. Those are product and process problems.

This is about your brand, and about how you and your company are perceived. If any of us spend that kind of money on a storage unit we expect an experience that wows us from the start to the finish. That is what we do with our clients, and it reaps dividends through repeat business and word-of-mouth referrals that are golden.

Reading this thread, and your response, would make me never want to purchase anything from you and your company, nor would I ever recommend a purchase to a friend or colleague.

You want to regain their trust, and ours? Do the right thing and get them the perfect, brand-new, unblemished and un-repaired unit they paid for.

Hear, hear. We've been thinking about buying a Eurocave or Vinotemp....looks like we won't be doing it now.

I'll cross-post this on WineBerserkers later today, if no one else has already done it. Pitchforks, torches, and frenzied hounds.....

V horam in quodam loco est.

(in reply to AngryPrez)
Post #: 33
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 7:06:29 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

Vintage Cellars, who was "shocked" to hear I thought this, said last week that they'd have the "company owner," call me on Monday. It's Thursday. I haven't heard from Vintage Cellars at all since December 9, when Beverly emailed me the phone number for the furniture restoration company.

I cannot believe that the head of the company isn't falling over himself to contact you.

Staggering.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Post #: 34
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 7:27:22 AM   
Eddie

Cross-posted to WineBerserkers:

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93005

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 35
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 7:47:39 AM   
wineismylife

Man, it's pile on La Cache day.

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 7:48:13 AM   
markandsusanw

UPDATE

Well, the furniture repair guy was here again this morning and I think we're finally ready to be up and running. I turned on the cooling unit for the first time and it does seem to put out cool air (went from 68 degree reading to 66 fairly quickly) so, fingers crossed, this is at least the end of this part of the story.

The hinge itself, by the way, didn't have to be removed after all. He was able to put some spacers under the door and it pushed the pin up to where it should be and the door no longer sagged. An easier fix than he'd feared so, yay, finally some good news.

I still don't know when I'm gonna have time to fill it, as I've got two Christmas parties in 7 days to host, as well as all the usual life and holiday stuff. But at least I can now. (Would have been a much easier process last weekend when we had some snow days where everything was cancelled but, I digress ...)

I still hope to hear from Vintage Cellars/Le Cache regarding some sort of compensation for all our time and trouble (delays, damage, etc)--and, since I now feel like they're now both reading this I'd be super grateful if this could happen without further fight--but I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Which, frankly, is a HUGE relief.

Thanks for the support and advice offered here.

I don't know if I, personally, would ever buy anything from Le Cache again, but I will say that if you get a decent delivery team, and don't need too much hand handling/info, the cellar itself does seem very high quality and well made so it's not like I don't think anyone should get one. It certainly "feels" sturdier than the Vinotemp's I originally looked at, if that means anything. Of course, longevity will be the real test, and I certainly can't speak to that so I'll end it here. Though I wanted to be clear there is no "out to getcha'" attitude on my part. I'm not anti-Le Cache. I just wish (desperately) I'd had a much better purchasing experience.

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 37
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 8:09:44 AM   
fingers

It sounds like the unit you have is the one you'll keep (who would want to go through the whole process again?) so in terms of compensation, I would insist on extending the warranty - at least double or triple the term and have it in writing.

Post #: 38
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 8:11:14 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

It sounds like the unit you have is the one you'll keep (who would want to go through the whole process again?) so in terms of compensation, I would insist on extending the warranty - at least double or triple the term and have it in writing.

Actually, that's a good suggestion and something Le Cache could offer me at, basically, no cost to themselves (assuming the unit is now trouble-free) and which would be a lot more valuable than a $250 "gift certificate."

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 39
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 11:06:21 AM   
markandsusanw

Vintage Cellars said, for my trouble, they'd be sending me a pair of wine glasses. I said I was sorry, but that wasn't going to make up for anything. I felt almost insulted? Am I being unfair?

Post #: 40
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 11:11:30 AM   
AngryPrez

quote:

Vintage Cellars said, for my trouble, they'd be sending me a pair of wine glasses. I said I was sorry, but that wasn't going to make up for anything. I felt almost insulted? Am I being unfair?

This is a joke, right? :)

I like to drink wine more than I used to. Anyway, I'm drinking more. - Don Corleone

Post #: 41
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 11:12:53 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryPrez

quote:

This is a joke, right? :)

Nope, that's really what they offered. But it was a joke in the sense that--and perhaps this makes me a jerk wad--but I did just about laugh at the complete inadequacy of the "offer."

< Message edited by markandsusanw -- 12/12/2013 11:17:00 AM >

(in reply to AngryPrez)
Post #: 42
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 11:18:06 AM   
Eddie

quote:

No, you're being a doormat. If I had been in your position, I would have told the man I'd show up soon at his office (accompanied by "Louie" and "Uncle Fingers"), stick my arm down his throat, and pull out his lungs. I am evidently much less temperate in situations of customer-gouging than you.

Post #: 43
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 11:20:19 AM   
AngryPrez

Tell them you'll take a six pack of http://www.wineenthusiast.com/riedel-sommeliers-cabernet-merlot-bordeaux-wine-glass-%281%29.asp and maybe you'll start feeling better about their lack of service.

I like to drink wine more than I used to. Anyway, I'm drinking more. - Don Corleone

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 44
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 11:26:33 AM   
fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie
No, you're being a doormat. If I had been in your position, I would have told the man I'd show up soon at his office (accompanied by "Louie" and "Uncle Fingers"), stick my arm down his throat, and pull out his lungs. I am evidently much less temperate in situations of customer-gouging than you.

I do have a Versace suit and access to a violin case

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 45
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 11:40:33 AM   
Eddie

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers
quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie

I do have a Versace suit and access to a violin case

Perfect. I knew we could count on you.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 46
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 12:16:53 PM   
joegish

Was actually thinking about buying another Le Cache....until I saw this thread.

Thought a 3800 Euro would go well with and give me some flexibility along with my 5200 Euro.....

In any case....I just spent $485 on some wood and am converting a basement closet instead. Passive storage will have to do for my mid-term cellaring needs.

I feel your pain. This is really quite pathetic customer service....what a great chance to do the right thing and an unbelievably sad corporate response...

I am feeling quite lucky my experience was good.

Life is too short to drink bad wine

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 47
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 12:20:10 PM   
Eddie

I wonder if those folks realize just how many potential customers have suddenly been turned into committed non-customers?

When you find yourself trapped in a deep hole that you have dug, it's best to stop digging.

(in reply to joegish)
Post #: 48
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 3:57:06 PM   
annerk

quote:

That's a total joke! I'd tell them to shove those wine glasses where the sun doesn't shine and hope they get plenty of glass splinters out of it.

https://www.instagram.com/whattheducktravel

Post #: 49
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 4:53:57 PM   
jayrod

quote:

Depends, were they Waterford wine glasses? If so you may be a bit out of line.

On a serious note, I am glad that things seem to be working out better, still not what they should be though. Have a great Christmas and thanks again for the heads up.

Herb

Post #: 50
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 5:21:38 PM   
BornToRhone

quote:

ORIGINAL: wineismylife

Man, it's pile on La Cache day.

FWIW - we have a Le Cache 2400 direct from Le Cache a few years back which was delivered flawlessly with the "white glove treatment". We were totally happy with the delivery and install, and the unit has worked flawlessly since. Matter of fact, I am looking at ordering another soon since I have now received as much wine this fall as my currently full cellar holds!

That's not to say we don't feel for the kind of issues Susan is going through - we have been there on other items like remodels, landscaping, etc....

< Message edited by BornToRhone -- 12/12/2013 6:54:45 PM >

-- The answer may not lie at the bottom of a bottle of wine, but you should at least check. --

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 51
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 6:03:19 PM   
champagneinhand

quote:

ORIGINAL: annerk

quote:

That's a total joke! I'd tell them to shove those wine glasses where the sun doesn't shine and hope they get plenty of glass splinters out of it.

Thank goodness Anne said this as I would have used much more uncomfortable language, and I have this real fun game I like to do involving small claims court or even real civil court. This is NY so you have to pay for your own legal fees and I have nothing better to do, but sit through depositions, file paper work…

Frankly the customer service on such a high ticket item that is very specialized, and you are getting treated like having a problem with a used car from a hack dealership.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

(in reply to annerk)
Post #: 52
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/13/2013 6:01:46 AM   
markandsusanw

Serious Operational Question ...

How loud is this supposed to be? We haven't had time to fill it yet, but I did plug it in and turn it on to make sure it would get down to temperature. (At this point, based on how it's gone so far, figuring now that we've got this far, it probably wouldn't work.) Well, it does work, as in cool, but how loud is this thing supposed to be? You can hear it from every room of the house, minus perhaps the master closet, and we have a fairly decent-sized house (4,000 sq. ft.) When we're in the Great Room it's roughly three times as loud as our fridge, which is in the same room as we are, while the wine fridge is two rooms away. That doesn't seem right. Also seemed to kick on A LOT, even though doors were never opened even once after I pushed the power button. It doesn't run long, but at least once an hour it seems to turn itself on and off, seemingly for no reason, even though the ambient temp in the room it's in, is barely higher than the fridge temp, so I can't imagine it needs to do much cooling to maintain temp. (Room thermostat set at 62; fridge set for 58-62.) What's gonna happen when summer comes and the room is 75-78?

So, now, I'm worried again.

< Message edited by markandsusanw -- 12/13/2013 6:07:03 AM >

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 53
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/13/2013 6:16:26 AM   
Wine_Strategies

quote:

How loud is this supposed to be? We haven't had time to fill it yet, but I did plug it in and turn it on to make sure it would get down to temperature. (At this point, based on how it's gone so far, figuring now that we've got this far, it probably wouldn't work.) Well, it does work, as in cool, but how loud is this thing supposed to be? You can hear it from every room of the house, minus perhaps the master closet, and we have a fairly decent-sized house (4,000 sq. ft.) When we're in the Great Room it's roughly three times as loud as our fridge, which is in the same room as we are, while the wine fridge is two rooms away. That doesn't seem right. Also seemed to kick on A LOT, even though doors were never opened even once after I pushed the power button. It doesn't run long, but at least once an hour it seems to turn itself on and off, seemingly for no reason, even though the ambient temp in the room it's in, is barely higher than the fridge temp, so I can't imagine it needs to do much cooling to maintain temp. (Room thermostat set at 62; fridge set for 58-62.) What's gonna happen when summer comes and the room is 75-78?

the 'quiet option' was another grand, oh well...

Tim

https://ItalianWine.Smugmug.com

https://www.italianwine.blog

Post #: 54
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/13/2013 6:22:58 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wine_Strategies

quote:

the 'quiet option' was another grand, oh well...

Har! Har! No, I seriously am hoping other Le Cache owners can chime in. I was told prior to purchase that it would be about the same as an average fridge, in terms of noise output when running. It's in a game room, not somewhere we sit and watch TV or sleep or anything, so I didn't give that too much thought. (Like I said, we have a 48" fridge probably 20' feet from our sofa and it doesn't bother us.) But this is louder than the fridge, even though it's significantly farther away (down a hall and in another room). Do other owners think something is wrong, or do I just have to get used to it?

(in reply to Wine_Strategies)
Post #: 55
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/13/2013 6:23:58 AM   
Old Doug

quote:

You can hear it from every room of the house, minus perhaps the master closet... When we're in the Great Room it's roughly three times as loud as our fridge, which is in the same room as we are, while the wine fridge is two rooms away.

Don't have one, but wow - can't believe it should be that loud.

quote:

we have a fairly decent-sized house (4,000 sq. ft.)

Dayum... What go for big in yo' neck o' de woods?

Post #: 56
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/13/2013 6:32:34 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Doug

quote:

You can hear it from every room of the house, minus perhaps the master closet... When we're in the Great Room it's roughly three times as loud as our fridge, which is in the same room as we are, while the wine fridge is two rooms away.

Don't have one, but wow - can't believe it should be that loud.

quote:

we have a fairly decent-sized house (4,000 sq. ft.)

Dayum... What go for big in yo' neck o' de woods?

I almost didn't put that in, because it, again, made me feel like a bragging D-bag to say it (which is sooo not my intent, because, really who the heck cares?), but I wanted to show it wasn't like it was a tiny cracker box so, duh, of course you could hear it in every room. :)

Ours is probably slightly larger than average but yeah, there are a lot bigger homes here. It's Oklahoma. Land was free at one point, till they found that pesky oil underneath.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 57
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/13/2013 6:32:46 AM   
wineismylife

Susan, is it at least 75-80% filled with wine yet?

Joe

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 58
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/13/2013 6:34:07 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: wineismylife

Susan, is it at least 75-80% filled with wine yet?

Nope, it's empty. Is that the problem? (I kind of wondered.)

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 59
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/13/2013 6:36:51 AM   
wineismylife

That is a problem. Wine cooling units and cellars are a world apart from regular refrigerators. A wine cooling unit needs the thermal mass of the wine and bottles to help maintain a constant temperature. If the unit is empty it with cycle frequently. Frankly I'm surprised it is only cycling once per hour. Before I filled my cellar to 75% my two cooling units cycled several times per hour.

Joe

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI