CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

2013 Secret Santa Reveal Day Thread - BAD Santas - DONE!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> 2013 Secret Santa Reveal Day Thread - BAD Santas - DONE! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2013 Secret Santa Reveal Day Thread - BAD Santas - DONE! - 12/7/2013 6:33:30 AM   
crispino

Welcome!

We are starting these threads a touch early because as luck would have it both Head Elves have somewhere else to be at noon today. Doh! Don't open your wine until noon EST.

This is the Reveal Day thread for the Bad Santas. If you see your name below, this is your group! I have listed everyone by their forum username in alphabetical order.

The Bad Santas: (results updated through post #229)
Name__________-__________Wine Received__________-__________From

1. BornToRhone - 2006 Roco Pinot Noir Private Stash - ethos
2. caeleric - 2010 Reynvaan Family Vineyards Syrah The Contender - mqvn
3. champagneinhand - 2004 Sigalas Assyrtiko Vinsanto and 2010 Giacomo Conterno Barbera d'Alba Cascina Francia - firefly78
4. ChrisinSunnyside - 2005 Domaine du Pégaü Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Réservée - franklin01
5. cjsavino - 2009 Larkmead Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - Robert Pavlovich
6. ckinv368 - 1985 Graham Porto Vintage - cjsavino
7. ern1/ - 2006 Corrina Rayment Shiraz Expatriate - YoDaddyO
8. ethos - 2009 Owen Roe Cabernet Sauvignon DuBrul Vineyard - ern1
9. f22nickell - 2011 Talley Vineyards Pinot Noir Rosemary's Vineyard - Redrunners
10. firefly78 - 2005 Château Lagrange (St. Julien) - swivel112
11. franklin01 - 2003 Taylor (Fladgate) Porto Vintage - champagneinhand
12. leothegecko - 2010 Bouchard Père et Fils Pommard - Wine Gopher
13. mc2 wines - 2005 Cayuse Syrah Cailloux Vineyard - f22nickell
14. MindMuse - 2004 Cayuse Syrah Bionic Frog and 2000 Château Cantemerle - Slye
15. mqvn - 2008 Reynvaan Family Vineyards Syrah The Unnamed and Bell's Brewery Two Hearted Ale - schwank
16. musedir - 2006 Ayres Vineyard Pinot Noir Piper and 2011 Vin des Temps 39-34-27-11 - smigdiggler
17. NathanT - 2007 Domaine Joseph Voillot Volnay 1er Cru Champans - S1
18. Old Doug - 2005 Château La Tour de Mons and 2005 Château Lagrange (St. Julien) - BornToRhone
19. Redrunners - 2007 Domaine Robert Chevillon Nuits St. Georges - ssimpsonjr
20. Robert Pavlovich - 2007 Château Coutet - NathanT
21. S1 - 1978 Paul Chapelle & ses Filles Santenay 1er Cru Gravières - mc2wines
22. schwank - 2005 Gravner Breg Anfora - MindMuse
23. Slye - 2007 La Pèira en Damaisèla Coteaux du Languedoc Les Terrasses du Larzac La Pèira - Old Doug
24. smigdiggler - NV Henriot Champagne Blanc Souverain Brut Pur Chardonnay and NV Treveri Cellars Blanc de Blanc Extra Sec and 2012 Goat Rocks Winery Barbilocks - ChrisinSunnyside
25. ssimpsonjr - 2009 Ink Black Cabernet Sauvignon 85% Ink Grade, 15% Black Sears - leothegecko
26. swivel112 - 2003 Château Malescot St. Exupéry - caeleric
27. Wine Gopher - 2007 Pian dell'Orino Brunello di Montalcino - musedir
28. YoDaddyO - 1997 Beringer Vineyards Merlot Single Vineyard Bancroft Ranch - ckinv368

If you recall, last year I kept a spreadsheet tracking what everyone got and who everyone’s Santa was. This year, this first post will serve as the master list. After each person’s name I will post what wine he/she received. Whenever someone correctly guesses their Santa, I will put a strikethrough line through their Santa’s name, like so. So, if a name is crossed out on the list above, then that person has already been identified as someone’s Santa. We’ll keep goin’ until everyone’s been identified!

I know not everyone plays the guessing game with the same level of gusto, and that is fine. However, everyone should, at a minimum, do the following:

- Post what you received
- Say thank you!
- Make at least a guess or two, if you are so moved
- If you decide to drink your wine right away, feel free to post a tasting note and/or story
- Have fun!
- Important: if someone guesses you as their Santa, post whether or not they’re right. This means that even if you are not following the thread very closely, you should at least check in periodically and scan the posts to see if someone’s guessed you. As Head Elf, I reserve the right to post your answer for you if enough time goes by and you are just leaving somebody hanging. I doubt I will have to do this, but just be aware that a minimum amount of participation from everyone is needed to keep the game moving along and fun for all.

Don’t forget that you can ask your Santa for a hint if you are stuck guessing! Santas can also provide a hint if they like, although you may want to wait until your recipient specifically asks, so as not to spoil it for someone who likes a challenge. Mysterious statements cloaked in subterfuge are always a source of amusement...

Personally I love all the sleuthing and the guessing, but I know some people are just not that into it. Hopefully this helpful listing of names will provide some assistance for those who have trouble keeping up with the craziness once the guessing game starts! I will try to update it at least once a day.

One last note: obviously, this group represents only half the total participants in SS this year. As mentioned at the beginning of the event, we’ve split the whole shebang into two groups. This was done both to keep the guessing game more manageable and to cut down on the volume of posting traffic. To that end, we’re asking that you please post only in your own group’s thread. As anyone who played this game last year knows, the thread traffic was intense and a number of people gave up playing simply because they couldn’t keep up with all the posts. So at least for the time being, try to resist the urge to cross-post. Feel free to follow both threads, of course! Depending on the amount of traffic, we may relax this rule – I mean, I like fun banter as much as the next guy.

That’s it! So, at noon EST, everyone open your packages and tell us what you got! Let the craziness begin!

- Chris (crispino)

< Message edited by crispino -- 12/12/2013 4:06:44 AM >

CT Secret Santa Compendium
CT Santa Profile
Post #: 1
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 6:50:52 AM   
musedir

I honored by the scalawags' company I am included. Everybody loves a Bad Santa!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 2
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 6:51:22 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

You're nuts if you think the BAD Santas are waiting another 2 hours while the GOOD Santas open their presents.....

2005 Domaine de Pegau  Cuvee Reservee Chateauneuf du Pape !!!!

REALLY looking forward to trying this funky wine!  Had my first Pegau earlier this year and loved it!  THANK YOU SANTA!

My Santa shipped from San Francisco, CA, but left a clue or two elsewhere on the package, so I'll do some sleuthing and be back to guess.

< Message edited by ChrisinSunnyside -- 12/7/2013 7:29:25 AM >

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 3
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 7:38:26 AM   
caeleric

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

You're nuts if you think the BAD Santas are waiting another 2 hours while the GOOD Santas open their presents.....

2005 Domaine de Pegau  Cuvee Reservee Chateauneuf du Pape !!!!

REALLY looking forward to trying this funky wine!  Had my first Pegau earlier this year and loved it!  THANK YOU SANTA!

My Santa shipped from San Francisco, CA, but left a clue or two elsewhere on the package, so I'll do some sleuthing and be back to guess.

rules are meant to be broken! way to set a good example for the rest of us :)

I too had my first Pegau earlier this year, an '09 cuvée Reservee. I didn't think I would like it, not being a big fan of barnyard. I was floored. heckuva score there, CiS.

The Lord says, “Wine, both old and new, is robbing my people of their senses! (‭Hosea‬ ‭4‬:‭11‬ GNB)

what i got

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 4
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 8:01:53 AM   
Old Doug

wut iz da deal wit pipples jumpin' da gun?

(in reply to caeleric)
Post #: 5
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 8:06:09 AM   
S1

It's good to be bad--Chris is an inspiration to the children
1978 Santenay 1er Cru "Graviers" Paul Chapelle
The card says that I have to save some for Kyser
Oh Santa, you're very bad...

Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" (in memory of drycab)

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 6
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 8:13:01 AM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: S1

1978 Santenay 1er Cru "Graviers" Paul Chapelle

Nice score, Scott, and kudos to your Santa.

(in reply to S1)
Post #: 7
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 8:16:22 AM   
musedir

Sumbitch Scott! And here I am shopping with Dr. M. My priorities suck and apparently do my ethics (it clearly said noon!).

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 8
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 8:28:51 AM   
Old Doug

I look around, in awe, at my Bad Santa mates... What a rogue's gallery we have here! In truth, we should poach at least a handful from the "Good Santas," but that would lead to unequal numbers. In the end, it's just saying that there is an oversupply of lovable reprobate miscreant scalawag Secret Santas.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 9
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 8:33:27 AM   
BornToRhone

Got mine and you can't have any....

-- The answer may not lie at the bottom of a bottle of wine, but you should at least check. --

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 10
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 8:44:38 AM   
leothegecko

Not realizing I was supposed to be a bad Santa and break all the rules, I waited until just now to open mine.

I got the 2010 Bouchard Père et Fils Pommard!

Many thanks to my SS for this! I am excited to have a nice old world Burgundy to expand my experiences there! As I expected, it looks like it was sent from a local shop. That's based on both the packaging and the fact that it was delivered by a local courier. No clues in the box either. It was however 1 of 6 that I had found in CT Santa's cellar that was available locally.

(in reply to BornToRhone)
Post #: 11
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:00:11 AM   
leothegecko

Ok, my first guess is Wine Gopher, because the week before my gift arrived he posted that he had a problem with state shipping laws.

(in reply to leothegecko)
Post #: 12
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:27:45 AM   
champagneinhand

BAD SANTAS Rule. I have always been included in that group of Bad Santas, by choice mostly. I can break bad at any moment and never one to follow any set rules

So I was given 2 bottles that came from Zachy's in Mylar bags. I pulled them out and this id what I found:
2004 Sigalas Vinsanto, you Dessert Wine from Santorini, what a beautiful place and a beautiful wine
wine number 2 is a 2010 Giacomo Conterno Barbera d'Alba Cascina Grancia

Singly vineyard Barbara is so cool, and I am so stoked to get a sticky from the Greek Islands. Thank you so much Secret Santa.

Now I really have no clue as to who could have done this. For now I will make a guess of that man we call the mind muse. I know Dennis drinks a fair amount of wine that is off the beaten path, with his MW people, but that would be the only reason that it might be Mindmuse. I know he likes his dessert wines too. I am sure I'm probably wrong in guessing, but had to throw something out. It shows that DCwino has had the Barbera and he lives near Ethos, so if I have a second guess that would be Ethos. Either way thank you very much Secret Santa. I am really looking forward to both of these wines. I needed a good Barbera to joint my Italian's and a dessert wine is always welcomed, especially one I am not familiar with in its taste, but know the vinsanto process very well. For those who don't know it grapes on Santorini are grown with the vines curling around into basket looking plants with their precious fruit sitting inside the vines and protected by the fierce winds that may whip up. They harvest the sweet berries and leave them out, uncovered for up to 10 days, then they are covered for another 7-8 days, usually on straw mats. After that you make the juice that is the first choice of Bacchus. So a great story behind vinsanto. like the wines of Alsace or the Hungarian Tokaji, which I truly love.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

Post #: 13
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:27:53 AM   
Franklin 10

Holy Sh*t! (Bad Santa jargon for: "I'm very pleasantly surprised!")

I'm a little confused by all the time rules and time zone stuff, can we post our gift?

What the heck:

2003 Taylor (Fladgate) Porto Vintage

I'm stunned and excited and so very happy with this generous gift.

THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!

I've not watched the SS thread too closely but I'll do a little sleuthing myself and make a guess soon.

Post #: 14
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:35:44 AM   
Slye

I got the La Peira en Damaisela 2007. I had never heard of this! It sounds amazing. My SS obviously knows I like Rhone wine -- so a great gift to introduce introduce me to something new! Thanks! And I have absolutely no idea who you are!

(in reply to Franklin 10)
Post #: 15
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:36:24 AM   
musedir

For such a Bad Santa, someone thinks I've been good!. I got a Tufer with a very nice, clue-filled note!

But also I've been taken to the woodshed for my obvious lack of respect for Cali wines and Oregon PNs. That 2006 Ayres PN is going to be opened tonight to go with my Yankee Pot Roast.

Post #: 16
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:38:35 AM   
crispino

quote:

ORIGINAL: BornToRhone

Got mine and you can't have any....

That picture is damned hilarious.

CT Secret Santa Compendium
CT Santa Profile

Post #: 17
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:39:00 AM   
Slye

Ok. I am going to guess OldDoug????

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 18
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:39:28 AM   
Slye

Deleted

< Message edited by Slye -- 12/7/2013 9:40:00 AM >

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 19
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:40:02 AM   
champagneinhand

Now that is the Bad Santa that lies within me. RIP Bernie Mac. I love this movie, and have owned the DVD for a long time, its well worn.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

Post #: 20
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:48:33 AM   
BornToRhone

Well - For being a Bad Santa, I was such a good Santa in waiting until noon.

THANK YOU Secret Santa for my bottle of 2006 Roco Secret Stash Pinot Noir from the vineyards of Chehalem Mountains (Dundee Wine Company). I love my pinots and this should no exception! I wonder if it will make it through the day!!

Bad Santa tried to throw me - I received the wine from Wilkinson Wine Cellar in Fairfax, Va. Hmmm...Oregon wine from Va? Which coast is my Bad Santa from?

After a bit of sleuthing....

- only one bottle openly listed in the community and that CTer is not playing.
- not sure if any Bad Santas are from Oregon or Virginia

BUT.....I did find this bit of evidence.....

SOOO....without any adieu...

Ssimpsonjr - would you happen to be my very bad Secret Santa?.

Joe

-- The answer may not lie at the bottom of a bottle of wine, but you should at least check. --

Post #: 21
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:53:14 AM   
musedir

First guess to the identity of my Secret Santa - I studied the source of the Vin Des Temps and discovered the winemaker. Smig, are you my Secret Santa?

Post #: 22
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:55:35 AM   
Old Doug

2005 Château La Tour de Mons

2005 Château Lagrange (St. Julien)

Very nice card from my Secret Santa:

Merry, Merry, Old Doug!!

Chateau La Tour de Mons - You've only got one left so now you don't have to feel bad about drinking that one!

Chateau Lagrange - Ready from 2023-2065 so wait for it!!

Have a great holiday season!

Your Secret Santa

(Ho, Ho, Ho)

Santa, you have done well, and I thank you! One for now, and one for later is perfect. Kudos. I confess that ten years to wait on the Lagrange may be a tall order.

So then.... The package came from Colorado, from a name that I feel must surely be a dead-end, as far as sleuthin' out this here Santa of the Secret genre.

The card now... On the back it says, "The Siddall Resort and Spa."

The front of the card has a nice painting, I think it's a watercolor, a scene of a pool, like one would find in a spa, and what I take to be the exterior of a building - there's part of a big sunshade or umbrella, a small tree with autumn-colored leaves, some lounge or poolside furniture, and a cactus, looks like a prickly pear.

Seems like a "southwestern" scene, especially with the cactus, and the package came from Colorado. An internet search for "The Siddall Resort and Spa," comes up empty, though, and what seems to be the best association is a Mister Stephen Siddall who is the owner/director of Elements Boutique Resort & Spa. However, that is in Thailand. So, the plot thickens, or maybe I have not even taken the first step toward any discovery....

Post #: 23
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:56:28 AM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye

Bingo.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 24
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 9:59:49 AM   
Slye

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Doug

quote:

Bingo.

Wow. And I am reading up on this wine. I am afraid to drink it now! I want to wait for the time to cook a great meal -- and I want to wait to see how it evolves. Hmmmm, I want more bottles Santa!

Seriously Doug -- this was such a great gift. I love Rhone and Rhone style wines (as you could probably tell), and being introduced to something new like this is exactly the type of gift a wine lover appreciates. I hope Santa was good to you as well!

(in reply to Old Doug)
Post #: 25
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 10:06:30 AM   
Wine Gopher

quote:

ORIGINAL: leothegecko

Ok, my first guess is Wine Gopher, because the week before my gift arrived he posted that he had a problem with state shipping laws.

Confirmed. I wanted to give you an old world wine with some age on it based on your comments of exploring and waiting for your old world wines to age. Based on your cellar my thoughts were either Rhone or Burgundy other than NSG because you had a number of those. I actually went out to Wine Bid and won this wine which is a back vintage of one of our favorite wines from our honeymoon this past summer. Then I realized that WineBid and virtually everyone else won't ship to MA. I was going out to Boston for a conference so I thought maybe I could get it there myself and figure out a courier while there but unfortunately I couldn't get the bottle in time for my departure.

I called about 5-10 stores in Boston before our head elf gave me a tip about one that people have used in the past. Their selection was ok and their prices high (which I assume is because of the lack of competition from shipping out of state). Consequently I couldn't get you a 1er Cru without paying up a lot and I didn't see anything with age on it. I was choosing between your wine and a Gevrey-Chambertin but decided on this because the producer has a reputation for being able to drink it early and Pommard is also softer than Gevrey-Chambertin. You can age this or drink it early. It really just depends if you want more fruit flavors with the spice note you can get from Pommard or if you want more of the earthy, forest floor and mushroom notes that you tend to get with age.

Post #: 26
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 10:07:53 AM   
Wine Gopher

My wine is a 2007 Pian Dell' Orino Brunello di Montalcino. We love Brunellos and this is a new producer for me so I'm very excited and my wife seemed even more excited because Montalcino was probably her favorite place we visited on our honeymoon. I don't have a guess immediately and we have to run to something the rest of today and tomorrow so it may take me until tomorrow to guess.

< Message edited by Wine Gopher -- 12/7/2013 10:08:33 AM >

(in reply to Wine Gopher)
Post #: 27
RE: Reveal Day thread - Bad Santas - 12/7/2013 10:15:48 AM   
Old Doug

quote:

I love Rhone and Rhone style wines (as you could probably tell), and being introduced to something new like this is exactly the type of gift a wine lover appreciates.

Ron, that's great - I did circle around your cellar quite a bit, in the end aiming "for it" but also hopefully a little off to the side a bit, for something new. Back a couple years, people on CellarTracker were talking about "other regions" or "undiscovered areas," and I knew squat about Languedoc Roussillon. The power of the internet lead me to the 2007 La Pèira, and I was mighty glad it did.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 28
RE: 2013 Secret Santa Reveal Day Thread - BAD Santas - 12/7/2013 10:22:09 AM   
champagneinhand

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispino

Welcome!

We are starting these threads a touch early because as luck would have it both Head Elves have somewhere else to be at noon today. Doh! Don't open your wine until noon EST.

This is the Reveal Day thread for the Bad Santas. If you see your name below, this is your group! I have listed everyone by their forum username in alphabetical order.

The Bad Santas:
Name____________-____________Wine Received____________-____________From

1. BornToRhone - 2006 Roco Pinot Noir Private Stash - currently guessing ssimpsonjr
2. caeleric
3. champagneinhand - 2004 Sigalas Assyrtiko Vinsanto and 2010 Giacomo Conterno Barbera d'Alba Cascina Francia - currently guessing MindMuse or ethos
4. ChrisinSunnyside - 2005 Domaine du Pégaü Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Réservée
5. cjsavino
6. ckinv368
7. ern1
8. ethos
9. f22nickell
10. firefly78
11. franklin01 - 2003 Taylor (Fladgate) Porto Vintage
12. leothegecko - 2010 Bouchard Père et Fils Pommard - Wine Gopher
13. mc2 wines
14. MindMuse
15. mqvn
16. musedir - 2006 Ayres Vineyard Pinot Noir Piper and 2011 Vin des Temps 39-34-27-11 - currently guessing smigdiggler
17. NathanT
18. Old Doug - 2005 Château La Tour de Mons and 2005 Château Lagrange (St. Julien)
19. Redrunners
20. Robert Pavlovich
21. S1 - 1978 Paul Chapelle & ses Filles Santenay 1er Cru Gravières
22. schwank
23. Slye - 2007 La Pèira en Damaisèla Coteaux du Languedoc Les Terrasses du Larzac La Pèira - Old Doug
24. smigdiggler
25. ssimpsonjr
26. swivel112
27. Wine Gopher - 2007 Pian dell'Orino Brunello di Montalcino
28. YoDaddyO

If you recall, last year I kept a spreadsheet tracking what everyone got and who everyone’s Santa was. This year, this first post will serve as the master list. After each person’s name I will post what wine he/she received. Whenever someone correctly guesses their Santa, I will put a strikethrough line through their Santa’s name, like so. So, if a name is crossed out on the list above, then that person has already been identified as someone’s Santa. We’ll keep goin’ until everyone’s been identified!

I know not everyone plays the guessing game with the same level of gusto, and that is fine. However, everyone should, at a minimum, do the following:

- Post what you received
- Say thank you!
- Make at least a guess or two, if you are so moved
- If you decide to drink your wine right away, feel free to post a tasting note and/or story
- Have fun!
- Important: if someone guesses you as their Santa, post whether or not they’re right. This means that even if you are not following the thread very closely, you should at least check in periodically and scan the posts to see if someone’s guessed you. As Head Elf, I reserve the right to post your answer for you if enough time goes by and you are just leaving somebody hanging. I doubt I will have to do this, but just be aware that a minimum amount of participation from everyone is needed to keep the game moving along and fun for all.

Don’t forget that you can ask your Santa for a hint if you are stuck guessing! Santas can also provide a hint if they like, although you may want to wait until your recipient specifically asks, so as not to spoil it for someone who likes a challenge. Mysterious statements cloaked in subterfuge are always a source of amusement...

Personally I love all the sleuthing and the guessing, but I know some people are just not that into it. Hopefully this helpful listing of names will provide some assistance for those who have trouble keeping up with the craziness once the guessing game starts! I will try to update it at least once a day.

One last note: obviously, this group represents only half the total participants in SS this year. As mentioned at the beginning of the event, we’ve split the whole shebang into two groups. This was done both to keep the guessing game more manageable and to cut down on the volume of posting traffic. To that end, we’re asking that you please post only in your own group’s thread. As anyone who played this game last year knows, the thread traffic was intense and a number of people gave up playing simply because they couldn’t keep up with all the posts. So at least for the time being, try to resist the urge to cross-post. Feel free to follow both threads, of course! Depending on the amount of traffic, we may relax this rule – I mean, I like fun banter as much as the next guy.

That’s it! So, at noon EST, everyone open your packages and tell us what you got! Let the craziness begin!

- Chris (crispino)

Apparently we can't slide over to the good Santas thread. i was chastised for doing so. Glad I'm in the Bad Santa group. For real.

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 29
RE: 2013 Secret Santa Reveal Day Thread - BAD Santas - 12/7/2013 10:27:27 AM   
Old Doug

quote:

ORIGINAL: champagneinhand

Apparently we can't slide over to the good Santas thread. i was chastised for doing so.

I couldn't resist a couple drive-bys, but won't do it no more, at least for a while.

(in reply to champagneinhand)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> 2013 Secret Santa Reveal Day Thread - BAD Santas - DONE! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI