CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

Secret Santa 2019 Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Secret Santa 2019 Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Secret Santa 2019 Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:00:02 AM   
crispino

Welcome!

This is the Reveal Day thread for the GOOD Santas. If you see your name below, this is your group! I have listed everyone by their forum username in alphabetical order.

The GOOD Santas:
Name__________-__________Wine Received__________-__________From
1. arthrovine - 2005 Château Pavie Macquin and 2016 Faiveley Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes - yogi8938
2. BornToRhone - 2011 Tenuta Sette Ponti Oreno Toscana IGT - Jack667
3. daviladc - 2015 Passopisciaro Sicilia Contrada Chiappemacine and NV Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill - recotte
4. ern1 - NV Agrapart & Fils Champagne Les 7 Crus Brut - musedir
5. Franklin 10 - 2007 Saxum Broken Stones - arthrovine
6. GalvezGuy - 2004 Seavey Vineyard Merlot and 2008 Anthonij Rupert Cabernet Franc - Franklin 10
7. Jack667 - 1988 Château Certan de May - RockinCabs
8. mmunger - 2014 Kapcsándy Family Winery Estate Cuvée State Lane Vineyard - GalvezGuy
9. mtpisgah - 2016 Domaine du Tunnel (Stéphane Robert) Cornas Vin Noir - mmunger
10. musedir - 2016 Gramercy Cellars Gramercy Estates - daviladc
11. ramwines - 2016 Braida (Giacomo Bologna) Barbera d'Asti Bricco dell'Uccellone - ern1
12. recotte - 2007 DeLille Cellars Chaleur Estate and 2011 Tablas Creek Panoplie and 1991 Croft Porto Vintage - Scott W
13. RockinCabs - 2011 Rasa Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Plus One Kiona Vineyard - WineGopher
14. Rossodio - 2001 Tenuta le Potazzine Brunello di Montalcino and 2011 Giacomo Conterno Barolo Francia - BornToRhone
15. Scott W - 2017 Niepoort Douro Charme - mtpisgah
16. Slye - 2014 J. Rochioli Pinot Noir Little Hill - ramwines
17. Wine Gopher - 2005 Cayuse Syrah En Cerise Vineyard - Slye
18. yogi8938 - 2015 Melka Cabernet Sauvignon CJ - Rossodio

This first post will serve as the master list for this group, so refer back to it often! After each person’s name I will post what wine he/she received, once it’s been revealed. Whenever someone correctly guesses their Santa, I will put a strikethrough line through the Santa’s name, like so. If a name is crossed out on the list above, then that person has already been identified as someone’s Santa. We’ll keep going until everyone’s been identified!

I know not everyone plays the guessing game with the same level of gusto, and that is fine. However, everyone should, at a minimum, do the following:

- Post what you received
- Say thank you!
- Make at least a guess or two, if you are so moved (although you should feel free to take some time to sleuth about first)
- If you decide to drink your wine right away, feel free to post a tasting note and/or story
- Have fun!
- Important: if someone guesses you as their Santa, please post whether or not they’re right. This means that even if you are not following the thread very closely, you should at least check in periodically and scan the posts to see if someone’s guessed you. As Head Elf, I reserve the right to post your answer for you if enough time goes by and you are just leaving somebody hanging. I doubt I will have to do this, but just be aware that a minimum amount of participation from everyone is needed to keep the game moving along and fun for all.

Don’t forget that you can ask your Santa for a hint if you are stuck! Santas can also provide a hint if they like, although you may want to wait until your recipient specifically asks, so as not to spoil it for someone who likes a challenge. Mysterious statements cloaked in subterfuge are always a source of amusement...

That’s it! So, without further ado, start ripping open them packages and tell us what you got! Have fun and Happy Secret Santa to all!

- Chris (crispino)

< Message edited by crispino -- 12/19/2019 7:11:58 AM >

CT Secret Santa Compendium
CT Santa Profile
Post #: 1
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:01:33 AM   
Slye

Ok -- I am going to take a risk and guess before opening the package but now it is 9am.

Ramwines -- Rochioli Pinot.
2014 J. Rochioli Pinot Noir Little Hill

Ramwines, are you my secret Santa?

Edit -- ok, I have confirmed the bottle. Wow. What a generous gift -- and such a nice note. My 3 year old daughter is excited about the card!

< Message edited by Slye -- 12/7/2019 9:05:24 AM >

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 2
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:10:47 AM   
musedir

Opened and very much appreciated. Yes, I love Washington State Wines and I have had a number of Gramercy bottles over the years... nice gift SS, 2016 Gramercy Cellars Bordeaux Blend. Thanks!

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 3
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:13:06 AM   
ramwines

Let me be one of the first to guess that CranBurgundy sent me a very nice bottle of Barbera from the Piedmont region of Italy. The 2016 Bricco dell Uccellone

[image]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hUC_S5L290UgpFUEam_bOxqT4LC2G-t4/view?usp=sharing[/image]

Now he declined to admit that he was my Secret Santa a few days ago, but that was when fibbing was allowed. Now that Reveal Day has officially started, I expect Cran to fess up and admit that my Barbera was from him. Sent from one of his favorite wine shops, Wine Works in Marlton NJ.

Thanks so much Cran. I really appreciate your effort to find me something "new" to try. I will open it through the upcoming Christmas season and report back.

Richard in Canton, OH and La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Nayarit, Mexico. Formally from Reno, NV.

The only problem with living in Mexico, my wine cellar is in Ohio.

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 4
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:13:30 AM   
mmunger

Opened the box from JJ Buckley and inside was a nice bottle of 2014 Kapcsándy Family Winery Estate Cuvée State Lane Vineyard.
Thank you very much SS!!

After a little sleuthing I am guessing that my Secret Santa is BornToRhone!

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 5
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:24:27 AM   
RockinCabs

I received this wine maybe two days after shipping window opened for CT Santa, so I have been taunted for a while by the box. Just opened the box and ....

2011 Rasa Plus One Cabernet!! Thanks!

Huge forum favorite producer and I have never had a bottle. Great opportunity to see what all of the rave reviews are about.

Santas note encouraged exploration of Washington wines, and Santa is not the only one that thinks this. A relative gave me some WA cabs for my birthday in November and in a prior CT Santa (Franklin 10) gave me the nudge on Washington a few years ago.

FedEx tracking is from Minnesota, and Wine Gopher has some Rasa in the cellar ... Wine Gopher are you my CT Secret Santa?

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 6
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:29:04 AM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ramwines

Let me be one of the first to guess that CranBurgundy sent me a very nice bottle of Barbera from the Piedmont region of Italy.

Oh man, ROOKIE MISTAKE! I'm not in your group bubba! I'm a Bad Santa.

EDIT: whoever is your SS made a grrrrrreat move ordering from Wine Works, particularly an Italian wine.

< Message edited by CranBurgundy -- 12/7/2019 9:30:45 AM >

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 7
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:30:54 AM   
ramwines

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slye

Ok -- I am going to take a risk and guess before opening the package but now it is 9am.

Edit -- ok, I have confirmed the bottle. Wow. What a generous gift -- and such a nice note. My 3 year old daughter is excited about the card!

Ron, Merry Christmas to you and your family. It was my pleasure to send you a taste of what many consider to be the Grand Cru of California Burgundies.

There is no rush to drink this Pinot. Joe and Tom Rochioli make their single vineyard Pinots to last. I'm sure it is wonderful now and it will continue to be for many years.

Also I will congratulate you for setting a new record of hunting down your Santa. But I'm not surprised as my investigation indicated that my cellar was the only one in the Secret Santa program containing Rochioli Pinots. I tried to throw you off my track with lots of disinformation, but to no avail. BTW, the Oakland return address on the box is my son-in-law who, you may know by now, is also in the law profession. I did think that my Crypto cipher was a nice bit of confusion, although probably too easy to figure out. Next time it will be all Japanese Kanji.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a very Joyful New Year to all of you

Richard & Sally

Richard in Canton, OH and La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Nayarit, Mexico. Formally from Reno, NV.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 8
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:32:46 AM   
ramwines

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

quote:

Let me be one of the first to guess that CranBurgundy sent me a very nice bottle of Barbera from the Piedmont region of Italy.

EDIT: whoever is your SS made a grrrrrreat move ordering from Wine Works, particularly an Italian wine.

And I was so sure that you were my very favorite Secret Santa. Now I don't have a clue.

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 9
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:34:45 AM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: CranBurgundy

quote:

And I was so sure that you were my very favorite Secret Santa. Now I don't have a clue.

Hahaha! Fun game, eh?

Okay, I'll go back to my Bad Santa thread before I get a flag thrown on me.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 10
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:43:38 AM   
Slye

quote:

quote:

Ron, Merry Christmas to you and your family. It was my pleasure to send you a taste of what many consider to be the Grand Cru of California Burgundies.

There is no rush to drink this Pinot. Joe and Tom Rochioli make their single vineyard Pinots to last. I'm sure it is wonderful now and it will continue to be for many years.

Also I will congratulate you for setting a new record of hunting down your Santa. But I'm not surprised as my investigation indicated that my cellar was the only one in the Secret Santa program containing Rochioli Pinots. I tried to throw you off my track with lots of disinformation, but to no avail. BTW, the Oakland return address on the box is my son-in-law who, you may know by now, is also in the law profession. I did think that my Crypto cipher was a nice bit of confusion, although probably too easy to figure out. Next time it will be all Japanese Kanji.

Richard & Sally

Dear Richard and Sally,

Thank you so so much. I am really excited to try this wine. I go hot and cold with Pinot, and generally do not like CA pinots -- but as you noted in your note, I do like Ceritas. And I have heard great things about Rochioli's single vineyards, but never thought I would get to try one. Now of course the challenge is when. Perhaps over the holidays we will cook some nice steaks and then open it up. Or maybe wait a few years.

As far as guessing you, I am afraid I did not look at your cellar. I did figure out the sender's address was a lawyer. And I also saw that he went to UPS -- which is where the law school where I teach started. I did spend some time cyber stalking him but could not ascertain if he was part of this community or not.

Then that book came (which I assume you sent). That really threw me for a loop! I flipped through it looking for writing or other clues, but nothing. I said to my wife that I really did not want to read it (she laughed and said I could read it in a half hour -- which I have still not done!)

So then I looked on the package again -- and noted that while you had nicely hidden the return address, the post office did indicate the zip code from which the package was sent -- Ohio! At that point you were a strong suspect. So then I went back and looked at your hints. Lots of fun ones -- the RED was one of my favorite (once I figured out Russian River).

Then your cipher. The only reason I figured it out as when I was young I liked playing with ciphers. So I could figure out which letter was I. But it took me a while to figure out the pattern. And I must say last night, after a few glasses of wine, counting up and down the alphabet for a while was a bit confusing! But once I got a few letters I was able to guess the rest (and then confirm).

All of this is to say that you picked a great gift for us; you made the hunt fun but not burdensome or annoying; and I now have the first book in what will be a world class collection of American Girls novels. Though I must say I am shocked, shocked, that you did not send a first edition. I would have thought you would have been more generous! :-)

Seriously, many many thanks. Have a very Merry Christmas. I hope our paths cross some day so we can share a bottle or two in person!

Ron, Jen, and Charlie.

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 11
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 9:52:39 AM   
crispino

*Reveal Day thread opens*

crispino: here's the list blah blah blah

Slye: ramwines. *drops mic*

< Message edited by crispino -- 12/7/2019 10:02:10 AM >

CT Secret Santa Compendium
CT Santa Profile

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 12
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 10:03:44 AM   
ern1

Alrighty, the only White wine my wife wholeheartedly enjoys.....Bubbles! We received a bottle of Agrapart Champagne! We love everything about Bubbles and have very little experience in true Champagne. Thank you so much. We are on our way out the door so sleuthing will have to wait.
I shall return 🌝
Chris

(in reply to crispino)
Post #: 13
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 10:05:18 AM   
ern1

quote:

Even I could ve guessed this one! 😆😆

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 14
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 10:05:40 AM   
ramwines

Searching for clues, but none found so far. Now TW wants to go shopping. I'll be back...

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 15
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 10:06:47 AM   
ramwines

quote:

ORIGINAL: ern1

quote:

Even I could ve guessed this one! 😆😆

Was I that obvious or were you also searching cellars?

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 16
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 10:18:54 AM   
ramwines

quote:

quote:

quote:

Richard & Sally

Dear Richard and Sally,

Thank you so so much. I am really excited to try this wine. I go hot and cold with Pinot, and generally do not like CA pinots -- but as you noted in your note, I do like Ceritas. And I have heard great things about Rochioli's single vineyards, but never thought I would get to try one. Now of course the challenge is when. Perhaps over the holidays we will cook some nice steaks and then open it up. Or maybe wait a few years.

As far as guessing you, I am afraid I did not look at your cellar. I did figure out the sender's address was a lawyer. And I also saw that he went to UPS -- which is where the law school where I teach started. I did spend some time cyber stalking him but could not ascertain if he was part of this community or not.

Then that book came (which I assume you sent). That really threw me for a loop! I flipped through it looking for writing or other clues, but nothing. I said to my wife that I really did not want to read it (she laughed and said I could read it in a half hour -- which I have still not done!)

So then I looked on the package again -- and noted that while you had nicely hidden the return address, the post office did indicate the zip code from which the package was sent -- Ohio! At that point you were a strong suspect. So then I went back and looked at your hints. Lots of fun ones -- the RED was one of my favorite (once I figured out Russian River).

Then your cipher. The only reason I figured it out as when I was young I liked playing with ciphers. So I could figure out which letter was I. But it took me a while to figure out the pattern. And I must say last night, after a few glasses of wine, counting up and down the alphabet for a while was a bit confusing! But once I got a few letters I was able to guess the rest (and then confirm).

All of this is to say that you picked a great gift for us; you made the hunt fun but not burdensome or annoying; and I now have the first book in what will be a world class collection of American Girls novels. Though I must say I am shocked, shocked, that you did not send a first edition. I would have thought you would have been more generous! :-)

Seriously, many many thanks. Have a very Merry Christmas. I hope our paths cross some day so we can share a bottle or two in person!

Ron, Jen, and Charlie.

Thanks for the nice note Ron, glad you enjoyed your search. I thought for sure that my cellar would give it away. I never considered the postmark. I thought I was being smart using my son-in-law's address. And his undergraduate work in Seattle was another little bit of unintended confusion. I did have Mark primed just in case you decided to give him a call. He would have accused you of being some sort of sick robo caller attempting to sell some cheap wine.

One last thing that you don't have correct... That book was not from me. I can certainly understand why you would suspect me, but sorry, you must have another admirer.

Good luck with your continuing search.

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 17
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 10:25:51 AM   
recotte

I won’t be able to open the package until later, but based on it having been hand delivered to my offsite, I looked to see who was in the LA area that could have swung by. Now, the individual I’m going to name tried to conceal his location (as I have done: HINT to my recipient) on the forum but did not cover his tracks in CT. Shenanigans!

Scott W, are you my Santa???

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 18
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 10:26:57 AM   
Slye

The book is not from you. Now I am really confused! I did actually think of calling your son in law and accusing him of illegal use of the postal system. But was afraid he might have been an innocent party! Now I have to figure out this book. Very odd. I have to say when I first opened it I was afraid it might be poisoned or explode. Then I figured it was my secret Santa. Now I am going to drown it. 😀

(in reply to ramwines)
Post #: 19
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 11:07:37 AM   
Jack667

I am blown away with my wine gift and my Secret Santa's generosity. And - with the great pick which is an amazing match for something I'm super-excited to open!

The wine I received is the 1988 Pomerol! I'm not worthy!! Chateau Certan

I was hoping for something I could open now/soon, and this fits that bill, but it will also (apparently) sit for a great length of time. The window in CT (unrelaible, I know, I know) goes from 2016 to 2050!

Latest notes show that it is singing. I think the only thing holding me back is that dreaded special occasion. I need to work on that asap. There's a good chance that it will be with family at home with a really nice dinner.

I'm going to throw out a guess of RockinCabs. I did get that bizarre envelope and it's from a suburb of Boston and it seems that it's local to Rockin. Also, he seems to know about BDX and has some aged claret in his cellar. He also entered a tasting note of this very wine from the 1982 vintage. So - that's close enough for me to hazard a guess. RockinCabs - are you my Secret Santa?

< Message edited by Jack667 -- 12/7/2019 11:13:46 AM >

CT review 1 of my fav wines: "like a balance that's achieved with every voice shouting at equal volume"
That's not just my taste profile, it’s a life choice!
My Wine

(in reply to Slye)
Post #: 20
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 11:58:52 AM   
RockinCabs

Jack, you outed me right away!

I knew that the shipping was going to give you nothing, so I took out the paper cutter at the office and fired off the FedEx taking a risk. I had hoped to implicate Cran, Hollow, Endodr and a few others but none ended up Good Stantas. So the attempt at subterfuge was to no avail.

With your dream wine is listed as 1982 Bordeaux generally, I set to work hunting for an 82 that might work. However, I did not want to sacrafice quality and decided to send something that would deliver on expectations.

I had the 1982 Certan de May at a Trotanoy tasting last year and it more than held its own. I was astonished at the power, finesse, sex appeal and terrior that it offered. Really quality Pomerol.

My recommendation is not to overthink it. It is the holidays and this is a wine that should be consumed either in good company or all alone. Special occasion not required, just some quiet time with a good bottle and you are set. Generally 30-45 minutes in a decanter helps these along, and based on my experience 2050 is likely not outside the realm of the possible. Enjoy it at 30-yrs, and hunt down more if you want to see it at 60+ yrs old.

Merry Christmas!

(in reply to Jack667)
Post #: 21
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 12:21:44 PM   
Jack667

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockinCabs

I knew that the shipping was going to give you nothing, so I took out the paper cutter at the office and fired off the FedEx taking a risk. I had hoped to implicate Cran, Hollow, Endodr and a few others but none ended up Good Stantas. So the attempt at subterfuge was to no avail.

With your dream wine is listed as 1982 Bordeaux generally, I set to work hunting for an 82 that might work. However, I did not want to sacrafice quality and decided to send something that would deliver on expectations.

I had the 1982 Certan de May at a Trotanoy tasting last year and it more than held its own. I was astonished at the power, finesse, sex appeal and terrior that it offered. Really quality Pomerol.

My recommendation is not to overthink it. It is the holidays and this is a wine that should be consumed either in good company or all alone. Special occasion not required, just some quiet time with a good bottle and you are set. Generally 30-45 minutes in a decanter helps these along, and based on my experience 2050 is likely not outside the realm of the possible. Enjoy it at 30-yrs, and hunt down more if you want to see it at 60+ yrs old.

Merry Christmas!

Well - that's quite a story. Crazy nice of you to do all that. I must post a pic of the contents of the package for others to see. Basically, it's about 50 cutouts, like stickers with '80s music quote and icons, and writing on the back of most of them that reference other 80's movie quotes, CT people, and the wine that I was gifted. Crazy funny and cool! I was absolutely thinking about Cran, Hollow, and others here. That was certainly intriguing and fun. And - I'll let you know when I enjoy the wine - thx again!!

CT review 1 of my fav wines: "like a balance that's achieved with every voice shouting at equal volume"
That's not just my taste profile, it’s a life choice!
My Wine

(in reply to RockinCabs)
Post #: 22
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 12:31:55 PM   
Hollowine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack667

quote:

Merry Christmas!

Well - that's quite a story. Crazy nice of you to do all that. I must post a pic of the contents of the package for others to see. Basically, it's about 50 cutouts, like stickers with '80s music quote and icons, and writing on the back of most of them that reference other 80's movie quotes, CT people, and the wine that I was gifted. Crazy funny and cool! I was absolutely thinking about Cran, Hollow, and others here. That was certainly intriguing and fun. And - I'll let you know when I enjoy the wine - thx again!!

That is totally hilarious guys, I started doing the 80s quotes entirely organically and without prompt. Glad I could help!

(in reply to Jack667)
Post #: 23
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 2:42:55 PM   
Scott W

Okay this is really very nice, I popped my package...er I opened my package and I received a 2017 Niepoort Douro Charme which happens to be a wine I have been thinking about since my sister in law opened one this summer Not easy to find in my part of the country and from an area I need to explore! thank you thank you!

No friggin clue who sent this so I will try a wild guess, wine gopher are you my SS?

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 24
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 2:45:03 PM   
Scott W

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

I won’t be able to open the package until later, but based on it having been hand delivered to my offsite, I looked to see who was in the LA area that could have swung by. Now, the individual I’m going to name tried to conceal his location (as I have done: HINT to my recipient) on the forum but did not cover his tracks in CT. Shenanigans!

Yes dammit! I forgot to change my location before it was too late I was kind of excited to see where you keep my wine as I used to have a locker at the same place. Hope you enjoy my friend, I tried to cover all the bases

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 25
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 2:46:10 PM   
recotte

quote:

Well... damn! My Santa was extraordinarily generous:

2007 DeLille Cellars Chaleur Estate
2011 Tablas Creek Vineyard Panoplie
1991 Croft Vintage Porto

Any one of these would have been an awesome gift, but all three? I’m speechless.

Thank you.

Still sticking with my original guess: Scott W, are you my Santa?

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 26
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 2:48:41 PM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott W

quote:

Yes dammit! I forgot to change my location before it was too late I was kind of excited to see where you keep my wine as I used to have a locker at the same place. Hope you enjoy my friend, I tried to cover all the bases

We cross posted! Yes, you certainly covered all of the bases! Funny that you used to use the same storage. It’s a small world.

I see the need for an offline in our future!

And again, thank you very much.

(in reply to Scott W)
Post #: 27
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 2:49:45 PM   
Franklin 10

Just got in from an afternoon in the yard. Its a beautiful day in Indianapolis and despite the windstorms Thanksgiving week, those leaves aren't raking themselves.

Back inside and dogs fed, its time for the reveal... What a fantastic home run my CT Santa hit!

2007 Saxum Broken Stones

I must say that I have been the fortunate recipient of gifts from very generous CT'ers since joining in the festivities in 2012. This year is absolutely no exception. My SS hit the nail on the head.

I've had this special wine before. In 2017 I opened a bottle purchased from Hollowine, the founder of CT Secret Santa. It was the only bottle I've owned and I shared it with several members of my wife's family who were in town for a memorial service for her aunt who we were very close to and passed young.

Many, many thanks! Your gift is greatly appreciated and I will plan to enjoy this one in a celebratory time.

the Empirate

"Jim Harrison, northern Michigan's favorite son and food lover, once told me, 'One of the main causes of premature death is fretting about your diet.' He then topped up my glass of wine."
-abra berens

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 28
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 3:35:29 PM   
Wine Gopher

quote:

I received this wine maybe two days after shipping window opened for CT Santa, so I have been taunted for a while by the box. Just opened the box and ....

2011 Rasa Plus One Cabernet!! Thanks!

Huge forum favorite producer and I have never had a bottle. Great opportunity to see what all of the rave reviews are about.

Santas note encouraged exploration of Washington wines, and Santa is not the only one that thinks this. A relative gave me some WA cabs for my birthday in November and in a prior CT Santa (Franklin 10) gave me the nudge on Washington a few years ago.

FedEx tracking is from Minnesota, and Wine Gopher has some Rasa in the cellar ... Wine Gopher are you my CT Secret Santa?

Nailed it. Sorry for the delay, busy day here so I just got to opening the thread and my package.

(in reply to RockinCabs)
Post #: 29
RE: Secret Santa Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! - 12/7/2019 3:41:54 PM   
Wine Gopher

My jaw just dropped. 2005 Cayuse En Cerise. Very very nice. Now I have to sleuth before meeting friends for dinner.

(in reply to Wine Gopher)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> Secret Santa 2019 Reveal Thread - GOOOOOD SANTAS! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI