1. Cholera

Community Tasting Notes (6) Median Score: 92 points

• Pretty good. Decanted 2 hours. Fruit forward typical Russian river Pinot. Good structure of stone fruits, strawberry, graphite and figs. Never a bad bottle from this wine maker

• One of the few times we disagree. She thought it WAY too fruity, cloyingly so. While I agree it's rather ripe, and certainly not what I look for in a Pinot (or even varietally typical), I thought it had some other interesting things going on. Some savory, spicy, leathery touches hiding in the background. Decent balance too. I think this has enough structure that if left in cellar for 10 years it could turn into a stunner.

• dark inky leathery brown, little clarity, slight brackish hue
    Nose: deep berry, plum, white pepper, vanilla, tarragon, touch tobacco
    Pal: deep berry, plum, cola, vanilla, tarragon, touch tobacco, touch leather, white pepper, minerals, silver, touch oak, touch complexity
    Feel: medium/full, round
    Finish: medium
    like a Beaune?

• I liked this wine enough to score it 90, which was not the case for my wife who's only comment was "it tastes cheap" (she had no idea of the price). And I can actually undertand why. This is a very big, bold and juicy Pinot Noir that actually tastes like anything but Pinot. Kind of funky and even reminds me of a high end Zinfandel. Either way, my 2 remaining bottles will be set aside for 4-5 years to see where this goes. Not sure it's a good idea, but I find the price tag (80$ CAD) a little steep for this type of wine so I rather give it a chance to evolve into something else.

• At winery. Nice weight. well rounded wine with spice and vanilla notes. I enjoyed this wine.