CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 8:21:14 AM   
markandsusanw

It can't be this hard to just buy a really expensive wine cabinet, can it?

If you curious about our saga so far (and, honestly, I don't expect anyone else to care), see here: https://www.cellartracker.com/forum/tm.asp?m=286889

Anyway, long story short, we ordered a Vinotemp cabinet, paid in full in April and by September still had nothing and were constantly being told, "next week for sure," when we finally bailed. Lots of threats from Vinotemp regarding 40% restocking fees (for an item never even shipped), etc. Credit card dispute was settled in our favor and we were ready to move on.

Settle on La Cache after doing (much more this time) research and hearing pretty much universally positive things. Ordered a 5200 Euro cabinet. Asked LOTS of questions about delivery timelines, etc. and didn't place an order until we were assured the unit was in stock in the color we wanted, etc. Was told we'd have it in our house first or second week of November. Delivery date later pushed to November 13 but am assured it will be here long before Thanksgiving, the week before which we had given, many times, as the drop dead timeline for delivery. Unit doesn't actually ship until November 18-19.

La Cache gives us the wrong tracking information (just like Vinotemp!!! Weird!!!), links to the wrong freight company and, bonus, sends all of my personal information (purchase info, physical address, phone number, email, product tracking, etc.) to some random stranger in their database that happens to share my (incredibly common) name. Face palm.

The delivery is finally set for December 3. They show up with three guys instead of the (paid-for) four and virtually no equipment. There are more details in the thread linked about but it was a not so funny comedy of errors that eventually resulted in us bringing in our own help to move the thing and left it cosmetically (chip out of the side) and physically (broken leveling leg) damaged ... And not by us. That happened long before we brought in our own assistance.

The main issue, as far as I can tell at this point, is the broken leg. We have it shimmed, but you can't use the cabinet without it. I ask them, quite reasonably, I believe, to expedite a replacement. Instead, it takes them two days to get around to it (they require pictures, even with the delivery people's written and verbal admission that they broke the leg while moving) and they then send it via standard U.S. mail, so it won't be here until the middle of next week. Best case scenario. Arrgh.

Then they say we have two choices ... 1) Have the exact same incompetent freight company that broke it in the first place, and admitted they'd never even SEEN a wine cabinet before come out and install the leg, at their convenience, of course or 2) do it ourselves, which requires moving a 500 lb. piece of furniture to replace the leg, re-level, realign the doors and hope that solves the other issues, like a bowed support brace and a door hinge pin that is improperly seated. All things we paid for in the delivery cost, which is clearly spelled out in the documents we signed prior to purchase.

They also suggested that to "fix" the bowed stabilizing bar, I should "put a business card in it" to give it a tighter grip. Seriously? This is a brand new, almost $7,000 purchase not a do-it-yourself, bargain-bin find.

Oh and, by the way, La Cache is still sending what little information they're giving me--the only correspondence I've received is an emailed USPS shipping notice for the leg--to the other person who shares me name. Luckily, they cc'ed me, the actual purchaser, on the email, or I wouldn't even have that. (Yes, whomever she is, she's the main recipient, and I am the "also.")

The more I consider this process, the more concerned I get. First, the part, baring a miracle, won’t even be here until the middle of next week. We are hosting a large Christmas dinner on Friday and a party the following Wednesday, with guests arriving the week after that. I really, REALLY wanted this to be done and filled and settled long before then, since I will be incredibly busy. Which seems a realistic goal, given I was assured, multiple times, before ever placing the order, that the unit would be here well before Thanksgiving, so not having a working unit in mid-December wasn’t something I considered. The time it will take to organize and fill this large unit is not unsubstantial, and yet also has some urgency as we have a large amount of wine stored in a guest room we A) need for holiday guests (the room more so than the wine) and B) is not temperature controlled, waiting to go in.

Second, I absolutely do NOT want the freight company back out here, not only because they were idiots, but because they left here pretty ticked off about the time they spent for the pay they would receive, and who knows what they'd do if forced to return. Plus, the "supervisor" actually took a hammer to the door hinge before I begged them to stop … Just to name one instance of what can only be described as basic incomptence. So, no, I don’t want them out here doing further damage. BUT, at the same time, I don’t exactly understand why, with a brand new $6,700 purchase, we should be responsible for lifting a 600 lb. cabinet, installing a new leg, re-leveling the unit and aligning the doors. That’s all part of what we were supposed to pay for, and it was spelled out in writing prior to purchase. We already used our own manpower to get it in, solely because we were presented with no other options. I don’t feel like we should be continually put in those sorts of self-service positions, though.

I’m very concerned about how we’ll be able to lift the cabinet, replace the leg and do all the other needed things without damaging the unit and then being told we're responsible. We SHOULDN’T be responsible, because it was La Cache and Vintage Cellars (dealer's) job to deliver and set-up the cabinet. That’s what we paid for. But it is not what we have received.

Also, the idea that I should, again, for a new very expensive unit, “just stuff some paper,” in the stabilizing bar to make it work … Maybe I'm being too petty, but that doesn’t sit well with me. Heck, if I purchased a $10 toaster, I’d expect it to keep the toast down on it’s own and wouldn’t accept “just hold it there,” as a solution.

I’m also less than thrilled with what seems like a lot of “oops” from La Cache: First, the week-plus delay, without ANY sort of notice, in shipping the unit. (This is a week after the STATED ship date, which followed the original delay.) Then, sending my personal info to someone else, multiple times. Which, even after pointing it out, repeatedly, is still occurring. That’s a lot of errors from one company and, while perhaps just random, fairly harmless glitches (and I would argue that sending out a customer’s personal information is not completely “harmless," per se), can’t help but give me pause.

And all of the above is without even addressing the cosmetic damage the freight company caused ...

I am trying so hard not to be that jerk, but I just don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect to receive what we paid (a lot) for. Actually, it seems like the very least Le Cache and Vintage Cellars can do.

I'm sharing all this not just to vent (though admittedly, yes, that too), but in hopes of getting some perspective. Am I being unreasonable? Has my vision been tinged by my previous long string of broken promises from Vinotemp, which preceded the current debacle? Is this "normal"? I heard so much good about La Cache customer service but, so far, I'm far from impressed. Please feel free to talk me down if anyone thinks I'm over-reacting. (I go back and forth. Sometimes I think I am; sometimes I think I'm not mad enough.)

I'll also include some photos in a following post so others can see what we've got going on. Any advice, including just to shut the heck up, is appreciated.

< Message edited by markandsusanw -- 12/5/2013 12:30:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 8:32:10 AM   
markandsusanw

Photos ...

The chip on the left side. It's roughly 1" x 2" on the main area and there are several other smaller chips around it.

The bowed/unattached stabilizing bar, that helps hold the racks to the back of the unit. (The one they told me to stuff to get it to stay on. If you put it back on the racks, it just pops right back off.)

The same, wider to get a better idea of what you're looking at.

What's left of the leg leveler. We currently have it setting on wood and felt squares, built up to roughly the same height as the leg should be.

The door hinge. The hinge on the right side (the one with good legs) sticks up a bit and that's what the crown molding rests on (there's a hole). On the left side (the one with the broken leg) the hinge pin is below the hinge.

The cabinet as it stands now. You can see the doors aren't quite aligned, I'm sure because of the leg, but we did the best we could.

Honestly, I swear on all that I hold dear, I'm not trying to be difficult. I just don't understand why it's so hard to give people a big sum of money--exactly the amount they ask for, no bargaining it down--and then expect to get the product they sold you. There were ZERO special requests made by me. It really, REALLY shouldn't be this hard. Should it?

(in reply to markandsusanw)
Post #: 2
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 9:24:29 AM   
annerk

You have every right to be upset. Frankly I wouldn't have accepted the unit given the damage. There must be someone further up the food chain you can contact to get this resolved.

https://www.instagram.com/whattheducktravel

Post #: 3
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 10:38:45 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: annerk

You have every right to be upset. Frankly I wouldn't have accepted the unit given the damage. There must be someone further up the food chain you can contact to get this resolved.

We almost didn't, but I was terrified of starting the process all over again and, given our experience to date, not at all confident it would go any better by starting fresh.

I am still wondering/agonizing over whether I made the right decision.

(in reply to annerk)
Post #: 4
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 11:24:06 AM   
fingers

Le Cache headquarters is just outside Rohnert Park. If I lived close enough, I'd be on their sidewalk with some very large, not-so-flattering signs on hand along with a consumer advocate from the local news. Post on Yelp, etc and spread the bad publicity. File small claim litigation... pull out all the stops. Somehow, they need to correct the situation. IMHO, they should be flying one of their craftsman out to you to fix the unit and make you whole. If reputation means anything to them, the CEO should be contacting you personally.

I think you have every right to be as upset as you are, Susan.

Post #: 5
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 11:34:31 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

I am still wondering/agonizing over whether I made the right decision.

You made the right decision. Now it's up to LaCache to make the right decision.

Call again. Don't talk to whoever answers the phone. As for a supervisor. When you get a supervisor, assure them that you really need to be talking to a VP. Don't back down. You've spoken to too many people who don't have any authority to assist you & correct the situation. You need to talk with someone who does have such authority.

Damage to the unit was not caused by you, but by their "Pros from Dover" who proved to be anything but.

Take additional photos of the slate floor which was marred by their lack of finesse when moving the unit.

And don't even think of plugging it in yet.

I'm thinking that someone connected with LaCache needs to check out & assess the unit. Preferably someone who can make the repairs. The idea that the shipping company – even if they caused the damage – should be responsible to fix it is ludicrous.

Let us know how it goes. Your CellarTracker friends do care & do want to help where we can. You guys don't deserve this.

I can't imagine LaCache wants this to end up poisoning everyone connected with CellarTracker. How they address this could have a significant impact on their primary clientele.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Post #: 6
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 12:13:44 PM   
wineismylife

Susan,

Are you dealing with Le Cache or Vintage Cellars to get repairs?

Joe

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ http://www.wineismylife.net/

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 7
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 12:16:21 PM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: wineismylife

Susan,

Are you dealing with Le Cache or Vintage Cellars to get repairs?

Theoretically Vintage Cellars is working with Le Cache on our behalf. I just got off the phone with them and they're "looking for someone" and "hopefully next week," and I'll have a cabinet that's "as good as new." When I mentioned I didn't pay for an "as good as new" cabinet, but an actual new one that was originally supposed to be here and running a month ago, it got a little tense and nasty. They said they've done "everything they can for me." I disagree.

Oh and, they are now saying they will get someone out to do it AND WE ARE NOT TO DO ANYTHING OURSELVES, but don't have any idea who, or when, that might be. "Hopefully next week, but can't make any promises" did not give me confidence.

If anyone knows someone at Le Cache I can contact instead, that would be great.

< Message edited by markandsusanw -- 12/5/2013 12:21:56 PM >

(in reply to wineismylife)
Post #: 8
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 12:35:21 PM   
joegish

Sorry for the poor experience. I have the exact same unit, bought it a couple years ago and absolutely love it.

Hope things turn out ok - I could not imagine trying to move it on my own. When it was delivered to my home, Le Cache had the moving company bring 5 guys to get it into the house and in place.

Life is too short to drink bad wine

Post #: 9
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 1:05:12 PM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: joegish

Sorry for the poor experience. I have the exact same unit, bought it a couple years ago and absolutely love it.

Hope things turn out ok - I could not imagine trying to move it on my own. When it was delivered to my home, Le Cache had the moving company bring 5 guys to get it into the house and in place.

Good to hear. It does seem well made and it's a beautiful piece of furniture. I'm hoping that if I ever get this one up and running, I'll love it, too. :)

< Message edited by markandsusanw -- 12/5/2013 1:10:27 PM >

(in reply to joegish)
Post #: 10
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 1:24:43 PM   
thibodauxwineguy

Please, please keep us informed on your ongoing situation. I've been researching cabinets and decided on a Le Cache Euro 3800. Haven't purchased yet, so I'll wait and see if they make you whole before I pull the trigger. Any reason you chose to buy from Vintage Cellars and not directly from Le Cache? The prices seem to be comparable.

Post #: 11
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 1:29:29 PM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: thibodauxwineguy

Please, please keep us informed on your ongoing situation. I've been researching cabinets and decided on a Le Cache Euro 3800. Haven't purchased yet, so I'll wait and see if they make you whole before I pull the trigger. Any reason you chose to buy from Vintage Cellars and not directly from Le Cache? The prices seem to be comparable.

The prices were basically the same, but Vintage Cellars responded immediately to my inquiry and was very good about giving me info (prior to sale), which convinced me that was the better option. Of course, now I'm second-guessing that ... Though they're at least responding to me, unlike Le Cache. (Of course, that could be because I didn't purchase through them directly. I don't know.)

< Message edited by markandsusanw -- 12/5/2013 1:30:55 PM >

(in reply to thibodauxwineguy)
Post #: 12
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 1:31:45 PM   
Wine_Strategies

quote:

They said they've done "everything they can for me." I disagree.

I agree, with both parties. Let me explain: In their world (a much different world than yours, obviously, because in their world it's about them), they HAVE done everything they can. I repeat 'they. can.". Their world doesn't exist beyond a certain point. Your world, obviously, goes as far as it needs to go, until the customer is happy (my world, sadly, begins at 'very happy, especially when $7K is involved). What I'm saying is, you two are on completely different pages, with completely different definitions, expectations, etc. So I believe them, and I believe you.

In my experience, nothing is going to change. Your world is your world, and their world will continue to be their world. The idea that they will enter into your world, or could possibly even understand your world, is just an idea. It's the sad truth. I fear this makes me out to be overly cynical, but it is what it is, and 'hope' has no role to play in an ($7,000) agreement.

In 6 months (hopefully less) you'll look back at this thread/experience, and just chuckle. So as strange as it may feel at the moment, go ahead and chuckle now. They're not worth one more drop of your energy.

At some point in the last generation, the rules seemed to have changed (maybe it's always been this way, throughout time). It's as if expectations were lowered, and people like us just didn't get the memo.

< Message edited by Wine_Strategies -- 12/5/2013 1:32:26 PM >

Tim

https://ItalianWine.Smugmug.com

https://www.italianwine.blog

Post #: 13
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 3:17:48 PM   
annerk

Call your credit card and get a hold put on that transaction. Maybe that will get their asses in gear.

https://www.instagram.com/whattheducktravel

(in reply to Wine_Strategies)
Post #: 14
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 3:24:29 PM   
randy082054

I read these retail horror stories and am baffled as to why anyone wouldn't go Craigslist.

Randy

www.thewinewrite.com/
www.facebook.com/TheWineWrite
@TheWineWrite

(in reply to annerk)
Post #: 15
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 5:38:39 PM   
mtpisgah

You just paid $6,700 for a fridge, surely you know an attorney who will do you a favor and write a nasty letter to them.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to randy082054)
Post #: 16
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 6:09:13 PM   
rwilk_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: randy082054

I read these retail horror stories and am baffled as to why anyone wouldn't go Craigslist.

Second this comment. I have picked up two slightly used eurocaves in perfect condition. Grabbed a buddy and a truck and now I have plenty of climate controlled storage in my basement. All for a fraction the cost of new.

It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

Post #: 17
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/5/2013 8:20:38 PM   
randy082054

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwilk_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: randy082054

Second this comment. I have picked up two slightly used eurocaves in perfect condition. Grabbed a buddy and a truck and now I have plenty of climate controlled storage in my basement. All for a fraction the cost of new.

I've also picked up 2 units for a song and have 600+ bottle capacity on the cheap. The plus side of Craigslist, in addition to cost savings, is the ability to see the unit in operation before purchase.
Thibodaux Wine Guy, one of these was purchased from a doctor in your home town. I've just recently seen units in New Orleans for $500 or so that were incredible buys...I just have no need.

Randy

www.thewinewrite.com/
www.facebook.com/TheWineWrite
@TheWineWrite

(in reply to rwilk_2000)
Post #: 18
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/9/2013 9:40:59 AM   
markandsusanw

UPDATE (with very little news, since very little has happened) ...

Still haven't received the replacement leg from La Cache promised, "by December 6." Still don't have an appointment to repair, though someone did call me on Friday and say they'd get back to me today, Monday, which still could occur.

Still being told they're, "doing absolutely everything they can," except, of course, actually get the cabinet up and running, apparently.

Since the delivery debacle day, six days ago, I've had a grand total of two phone calls from the dealer, Vintage Cellars, and three emails, all in response to my inquiries.

La Cache has sent me two emails. One with tracking, another in reply to my inquiry. So far, that's, the extent of everything they can possibly do.

I am not impressed.

I have been offered zero compensation or concession for my troubles and when I suggested such might be in order (comping the shipping costs seems the least they could do, especially given that they've already told me that they "put in a claim with the shipper") was told, "but when we're done your cabinet will be as good as a brand new one." Since I already paid for a brand new one, that was a less than inspiring offer. I was also told that they "make no promises" about getting the cabinet repaired this week, this month or anytime, just that it will, at some point in the indeterminate future, be usable.

Still feel like it could be made right and be a great cellar, but customer service isn't getting high marks from me. At least not at this moment.

Post #: 19
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/9/2013 10:00:58 AM   
markandsusanw

quote:

ORIGINAL: markandsusanw

UPDATE (with very little news, since very little has happened) ...

Still haven't received the replacement leg from La Cache promised, "by December 6." Still don't have an appointment to repair, though someone did call me on Friday and say they'd get back to me today, Monday, which still could occur.

Still being told they're, "doing absolutely everything they can," except, of course, actually get the cabinet up and running, apparently.

Since the delivery debacle day, six days ago, I've had a grand total of two phone calls from the dealer, Vintage Cellars, and three emails, all in response to my inquiries.

La Cache has sent me two emails. One with tracking, another in reply to my inquiry. So far, that's, the extent of everything they can possibly do.

I am not impressed.

I have been offered zero compensation or concession for my troubles and when I suggested such might be in order (comping the shipping costs seems the least they could do, especially given that they've already told me that they "put in a claim with the shipper") was told, "but when we're done your cabinet will be as good as a brand new one." Since I already paid for a brand new one, that was a less than inspiring offer. I was also told that they "make no promises" about getting the cabinet repaired this week, this month or anytime, just that it will, at some point in the indeterminate future, be usable.

Still feel like it could be made right and be a great cellar, but customer service isn't getting high marks from me. At least not at this moment.

Could be coincidence or they are reading these postings (hate to think it takes a public shaming to get service) but within 10 minutes of making this post I got both a call from the person supposed to fix it, who can potentially come this week, and an email from Vintage Cellars that they'll check on delivery status of the leg. Baby steps.

Post #: 20
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/9/2013 11:46:54 AM   
champagneinhand

I'll say it, but others must be thinking it…. You guys must be "Cursed by Bacchus or some other persona." Of all the bad luck this year you two have had more than your fair share this year… May next year be better.

As I age my finger tips seem to be bigger, my iOS keyboard seems to be less kind, and my need for wearing reading glasses has never been greater. I hope you are forgiving and can read between my lines.

Post #: 21
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/9/2013 4:03:50 PM   
wadcorp

Really surprised that they haven't offered a single thing in compensation.

You should never have to ask for it. It is a mark of good business.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

Post #: 22
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/9/2013 10:38:22 PM   
souseyb

You're not overreacting at all. I would've refused delivery and told Vintage Cellars they had one week to get me a perfect replacement with shipping at their expense before I did a chargeback.

Frankly, I would think twice about doing business with Vintage Cellars or La Cache after reading this post. I think it's shameful the way they've handled this situation so far, and even worse if it took a public shaming before they did the decent thing and followed up with you.

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 23
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/11/2013 8:50:01 AM   
markandsusanw

UPDATE #2

Well, the good news is the furniture restoration person was here today. And he was very helpful, conscientious and professional, which I deeply appreciated.

That's mostly where the good news ends. Unfortunately.

First off, he said he was told ONLY about installing the leg and repairing the damage, both of which he did.

The door alignment, leveling, crown molding and strap were NEVER mentioned to him--even though I have emails from Vintage Cellars where they say he will take care of all those issues--but he worked hard to try to fix what he could anyways, not telling me until he departed that no one advised him of that, and having it add significant extra time to his service call.

Though he spent almost an hour leveling the cabinet, he couldn't actually level it correctly because the door hinge isn't right. He had to rack the cabinet (purposely out of level) to get the doors to align, and he said it's still not correct and the way I should be, and long term the doors will sag.

So, at this point, I still can't fill the cellar.

Also, the bar straps WERE bent, just as I tried to tell both Le Cache and Vintage Cellars, despite so many assurances from them that I just didn't know what I was talking about. He tightened and adjusted them as best he could, but they are still bowed and don't really provide any support (as they are intended to).

He did a good job on the cosmetic repair, so that you can't see the missing veneer chunk, but he did note you can only camouflage, not actually "repair," such a gouge. (To actually fix it to "good as new," as promised, the entire panel would have to be replaced.)

We are now more than one week past the botched delivery. And more than a month past original, promised delivery, with issues still outstanding. I've been offered nothing in way of compensation and, honestly, I haven't even spoken to anyone, via phone or email, other than the furniture restoration person, since my last post here. (Though, honestly, that could still be a total coincidence, since I had emailed all parties before posting.)

I'm very tried of the back and forth. At this point wishing I'd refused the behemoth and just continued to store our wine willy nilly in boxes and closets.

Depressed.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: They are supposed to come back tomorrow to see if they can fix the hinge, and if doing that fixes the door.

< Message edited by markandsusanw -- 12/11/2013 10:24:40 AM >

(in reply to souseyb)
Post #: 24
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/11/2013 11:26:35 AM   
drycab

If possible, REVERSE THE CC PAYMENT!!!

You do not have the goods you paid for and until they provide same, you shouldn't pay them. Your CC company should agree.

"One not only drinks wine, one smells it, observes it, tastes it, sips it and -- one talks about it!" Edward VII

I wish I had some of that.......
I did....I drank it.......

Post #: 25
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/11/2013 5:23:01 PM   
puppetclause

print out all your coorespondence with them and contact your CC company strait away to figure out what your options are. If the payment already went through 'cause it's been so long there's still steps they can take. It's the single most effective tool in your arsenal right now.

(in reply to drycab)
Post #: 26
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/11/2013 5:32:20 PM   
argovb

I just was made aware of this post, and wanted to reply ASAP. Your experience has been traumatic, and I want to apologize for the mistakes that were made with your order. We will make every effort to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

According to our records, we received your order on 10/29/13 from Vintage Cellars, who is one of our best and most experienced dealers. Normally we require 1 week to fulfill orders for in-stock products, plus 2-3 weeks for transit. We apologize that the fulfillment of your order was delayed 2 weeks because we were overwhelmed by holiday orders. We continuously manage and update the expected ship dates for all open orders in our system, so that customers are aware of their order status on a real-time basis. Vintage Cellars should have been able to access and provide real-time updates to you regarding your order.

Our shipping policy states that 3800 and 5200 cabinets are delivered with 3 men. If site conditions warrant additional men, the carrier has the authority to reschedule the delivery and allocate additional men. Clearly, the carrier did not have the right team in place for your delivery.

The carrier is responsible for the removal of all packaging materials, installation of the moldings and alignment of the doors. When they do not complete their job initially, the protocol is to send them back to complete the job. If the cabinet doors still are not aligned, please send us a picture so that we can see the issue. From the first picture (before the foot was replaced), the cabinet doors appear to be aligned.

Once we receive your picture, we’ll assist Vintage Cellars to get the carrier scheduled to complete the job of installing the moldings and aligning the doors. If it’s possible, we’ll request a different shipping team.

In the meantime, we'll talk to the repairman who visited your home and, if necessary, we will ship a replacement tie bar to you, which can be easily replaced with a screwdriver. If you prefer, we will be glad to send the repairman back to replace the tie bar for you.

In your posting, you said that the cabinet was delivered on 12/3 – is that correct? When I checked our system, we shipped the replacement foot to you the next day, on 12/4, via Priority Mail, which normally delivers within 2-3 days.

I don't know why Vintage Cellars told you to fix the tie rods with a business card. We will review this topic with Vintage Cellars, as well as our fulfillment and transit timing guidelines, to make sure that customers are given better guidance in the future.

I will personally look into the glitch that sent a duplicate copy of your sales order to the wrong customer. This should not have happened once, let alone twice! It will not happen again.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experiences that you have had with Le Cache. I would like to send a $250 gift card to you, which you may use on any of our sites (listed below). If there’s anything else that you need, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to regain your trust.

Ben Argov
www.IWAwine.com
www.LeCacheWineCabinets.com
www.CellarProCoolingSystems.com
www.WineKeeper.com

Post #: 27
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/11/2013 7:10:29 PM   
joegish

quote:

I just was made aware of this post, and wanted to reply ASAP. Your experience has been traumatic, and I want to apologize for the mistakes that were made with your order. We will make every effort to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

According to our records, we received your order on 10/29/13 from Vintage Cellars, who is one of our best and most experienced dealers. Normally we require 1 week to fulfill orders for in-stock products, plus 2-3 weeks for transit. We apologize that the fulfillment of your order was delayed 2 weeks because we were overwhelmed by holiday orders. We continuously manage and update the expected ship dates for all open orders in our system, so that customers are aware of their order status on a real-time basis. Vintage Cellars should have been able to access and provide real-time updates to you regarding your order.

Our shipping policy states that 3800 and 5200 cabinets are delivered with 3 men. If site conditions warrant additional men, the carrier has the authority to reschedule the delivery and allocate additional men. Clearly, the carrier did not have the right team in place for your delivery.

The carrier is responsible for the removal of all packaging materials, installation of the moldings and alignment of the doors. When they do not complete their job initially, the protocol is to send them back to complete the job. If the cabinet doors still are not aligned, please send us a picture so that we can see the issue. From the first picture (before the foot was replaced), the cabinet doors appear to be aligned.

Once we receive your picture, we’ll assist Vintage Cellars to get the carrier scheduled to complete the job of installing the moldings and aligning the doors. If it’s possible, we’ll request a different shipping team.

In the meantime, we'll talk to the repairman who visited your home and, if necessary, we will ship a replacement tie bar to you, which can be easily replaced with a screwdriver. If you prefer, we will be glad to send the repairman back to replace the tie bar for you.

In your posting, you said that the cabinet was delivered on 12/3 – is that correct? When I checked our system, we shipped the replacement foot to you the next day, on 12/4, via Priority Mail, which normally delivers within 2-3 days.

I don't know why Vintage Cellars told you to fix the tie rods with a business card. We will review this topic with Vintage Cellars, as well as our fulfillment and transit timing guidelines, to make sure that customers are given better guidance in the future.

I will personally look into the glitch that sent a duplicate copy of your sales order to the wrong customer. This should not have happened once, let alone twice! It will not happen again.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experiences that you have had with Le Cache. I would like to send a $250 gift card to you, which you may use on any of our sites (listed below). If there’s anything else that you need, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to regain your trust.

Ben -

You guys should know by now it takes 4-5 people to move one of the 5200's into place safely. Trying to use 3 people is just plain stupid.

My moving company refused to move my 5200 into place with 3 guys and we finally did it with 5 brawny movers.

The 5200 is a quality product and you guys really need to get with the game plan on these. They are HUGE and need a lot of muscle and caution to properly get in place. Do the right thing here!!!

I frequently recommend your products, but this is absurd......

Life is too short to drink bad wine

(in reply to argovb)
Post #: 28
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/11/2013 7:31:41 PM   
jayrod

Thanks for posting this markandsusanw, I was beginning to look into purchasing a cabinet (albeit much smaller) and now know where not to look. If this is how they treat a customer with a sizable order than I assuredly would be ignored.

It sounds to me as if Ben should assist in moving this unit with two other people, maybe he would learn a lot. Also offering a new replacement bar to you and saying that you could replace it with a screwdriver is ridiculous, they should make this right.

I vote for calling the credit card company and trying to get the charges reversed and telling Le Cache to come pick up their cabinet (Ben and two folks should be able to handle it).

Herb

Post #: 29
RE: First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? - 12/12/2013 1:55:07 AM   
AngryPrez

Ben - appreciate the fact that you took the time to post publicly here on CT in this thread - but seriously - just send them a brand new, unblemished, first-quality replacement, do it ASAP, and make sure it gets delivered and installed properly.

Doing anything else is not worth the negative pr you're getting on this site among a group of affluent consumers that by any definition represent your primary core market. And worse, a group of consumers that are clearly not shy at all about expressing their opinions online. Forget about the fact that this thread is already searchable via Google and Bing - how long before it gets cross-referenced on Berserkers or Spectator or any one of a dozen other online wine discussion Boards?

This is not about a replacement tie rod, or about records being mis-managed, or a bad delivery, or door alignment, or any of the other issues raised. Those are product and process problems.

This is about your brand, and about how you and your company are perceived. If any of us spend that kind of money on a storage unit we expect an experience that wows us from the start to the finish. That is what we do with our clients, and it reaps dividends through repeat business and word-of-mouth referrals that are golden.

Reading this thread, and your response, would make me never want to purchase anything from you and your company, nor would I ever recommend a purchase to a friend or colleague.

You want to regain their trust, and ours? Do the right thing and get them the perfect, brand-new, unblemished and un-repaired unit they paid for.

I like to drink wine more than I used to. Anyway, I'm drinking more. - Don Corleone

(in reply to jayrod)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> First Vinotemp and now La Cache? ... *#$@ Seriously?!? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI