CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: Active Users

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Active Users - 1/9/2018 7:40:19 PM   
PinotPhile

Just read this. Interesting. Seems we CTers generally have done our part to support the industry. IMHO.

http://svbwine.blogspot.com/2018/01/disturbing-sales-growth-trends-through.html

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36901
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 3:43:10 AM   
musedir

Happy Hump Day! By now all working stiffs have quit being slackers and gone back to the office. For a few others, meh.

Dentist this morning and then to bank to get chasiers check for settlement attorney. Then home for lunch and then nap. Oh my how the day flies by.

good morning sunshines.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36902
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 5:31:36 AM   
mtpisgah

quote:

ORIGINAL: musedir

Happy Hump Day! By now all working stiffs have quit being slackers and gone back to the office. For a few others, meh.

Dentist this morning and then to bank to get chasiers check for settlement attorney. Then home for lunch and then nap. Oh my how the day flies by.

good morning sunshines.

So the home purchase is going through, good. Are they fixing the foundation or cutting the price so you can?

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36903
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 5:47:25 AM   
musedir

Paul, they gave an allowance to put a French drain in to divert the water away from the foundation and thus eliminate potential problems. And yes, loan is approved and all papers being signed on Friday. Then we will start the casual renovation/upgrading of the townhouse over the next 14 months since a chance of a year’s rental has been taken off the table by both banker and insurer. First up master bath, then kitchen and then new fireplace. Oh yes, First World Problems indeed.

Hope things are progressing ok on your end.

Best to Dr. C.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 36904
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 6:02:00 AM   
khmark7

quote:

good morning sunshines.

I always enjoy days off during the week. Great for appts and shopping, although today i am helping somebody unload a truck and playing chauffeur, so nothing exciting. Oh, and the BMW is back in the shop, which is becoming a trend for the now 14 yr old vehicle. Wear & tear when you get close to 200,000 miles.

Roasted chicken tonight. A Chenin Blanc might be in order.

"a rogue Provence rouge of unknown provenance." author grafstrb

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36905
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 7:08:55 AM   
mtpisgah

quote:

Paul, they gave an allowance to put a French drain in to divert the water away from the foundation and thus eliminate potential problems. And yes, loan is approved and all papers being signed on Friday. Then we will start the casual renovation/upgrading of the townhouse over the next 14 months since a chance of a year’s rental has been taken off the table by both banker and insurer. First up master bath, then kitchen and then new fireplace. Oh yes, First World Problems indeed.

Best to Dr. C.

If you need someone to go up on the weekend from time to time and check the status, just let me know. Said from a legit offer to check the status and for a free place to stay. Have air mattress, will travel.

Paul

I read books to pass the time until the next bottle of wine.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36906
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 9:02:42 AM   
musedir

On the other hand, we might take you up on it...

< Message edited by musedir -- 1/10/2018 9:08:52 AM >

(in reply to mtpisgah)
Post #: 36907
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 9:25:34 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

Best to Dr. C.

Congrats T&M! Just post the address and location of the hide a key, and we'll taking turns "checking on it".

I actually do have a project going with a vendor in Lexington, NC, so expect to be in that (kinda sorta) neck of the woods this spring into summer. I'm sure I'll combine a long weekend to see my folks on the TN side of the Appy hump and Asheville is always a fun place to stop, so hopefully I can catch you guys on one of your weekend mountain retreats. I'm excited for your new pad!

< Message edited by ChrisinSunnyside -- 1/10/2018 9:26:19 AM >

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36908
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 9:36:07 AM   
musedir

Can’t wait to spend quality time with my esteemed moonshiner friend from the Yak! Don’t get buried under the Rattlesnake landslide!

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 36909
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 10:57:13 AM   
dsGris

Back home from my overnight visit to the OR to have my neck opened and a carotid artery cleaned out. It was pretty gunked up. Recovery going nicely, no need for pain meds even Tylenol. There were a few times when the local was a little light, but persevered, didn't get to the foot kicking stage and lived to drink another day. MsGris feels compassion for me now, so I can be nice and not my curmudgeon self. I know she is compiling a list of honey dos for after full recovery. I'm thinking a couple years for me. A few books to read and wine to drink

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36910
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 11:10:50 AM   
dontime

Good to hear everything went well Dennis!

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to dsGris)
Post #: 36911
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 11:32:47 AM   
PinotPhile

Dennis, glad things have and are going well. Hope a good recovery continues.

Karl, 2 months ago I got rid of my 17-yo BMW sedan. Oh, happy day. Not planning to ever get a BMW again. No. Just no. That phase is out of my system.

Tom, glad things are moving along with your big move.

Good morning, Morning Thunder tea slowly getting on board. Our area received 3+ inches of precip, our first decent rain of the year. We are happy.

But mudslides elsewhere in CA have been very problematic with some fatalities, unfortunately. So we count our blessings.

Maybe wine tonight, maybe not. To be determined.

Cheers!

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36912
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 12:24:24 PM   
dontime

If it's hump day, it must be Wednesday Wine. Big group RSVP'd for this afternoon, should be interesting. Or not.
I'll try to report on which later...if I can.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36913
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 12:42:17 PM   
musedir

Dennis, thanks for the good update. Glad you’ll be around for awhile. Always can use that PNW Pinot Perspective.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36914
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 1:31:07 PM   
racerchris

quote:

ORIGINAL: PinotPhile

But mudslides elsewhere in CA have been very problematic with some fatalities, unfortunately.

This morning on Public Radio someone being interviewed said overnight the sound of mud and debris going past his house sounded like a freight train.

Chris Foley
Searching for very good to excellent, cheap Bordeaux
stainlesswineracks.com

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36915
RE: Active Users - 1/10/2018 7:23:31 PM   
dontime

quote:

ORIGINAL: dontime

If it's hump day, it must be Wednesday Wine. Big group RSVP'd for this afternoon, should be interesting. Or not.
I'll try to report on which later...if I can.

More tomorrow. But this was certainly good:

2010 The Debate Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To-Kalon Vineyard

Looking at CT - we (CT users) like this a lot more than the pros...

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36916
RE: Active Users - 1/11/2018 3:54:21 AM   
musedir

Hello campers...time to rise. It’s the day after Wednesday and almost Friday.

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36917
RE: Active Users - 1/11/2018 6:00:05 AM   
dontime

Morning all! The day is awaitin'. Hope its a good one for you.

dontime

“Dove regna il vino
non regna il silenzio"

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36918
RE: Active Users - 1/11/2018 6:32:45 AM   
RedRedMoreRed

Today is my first full day on the new job, and in my office. Now if I can just get the VPN to work.

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy ~ Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to dontime)
Post #: 36919
RE: Active Users - 1/11/2018 7:54:24 AM   
wadcorp

quote:

Hello campers...time to rise. It’s the day after Wednesday and almost Friday.

Throwback Thursday.

"Wine is light held together by moisture."
— Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36920
RE: Active Users - 1/11/2018 8:42:46 AM   
WineGuyCO

Day 11 of no drinking (I know) and no carbs and working out everyday. I thought that my legs would get tired at some point and I'd need to take a day off at some point. Maybe I wasn't in such bad shape after all?

It's fun getting creative with no carb dishes. Last night was what I call Eggplant Lasagna. Instead of pasta noodles I used eggplant with tomato sauce, ground turkey meat seasoned in garlic and basil and then layered with mozzarella and ricotta. It didn't suck. My wife liked it so much she took a BIG slice to work for lunch. Now for tonight???????? Market is up another 105 and am off to the gym in 15 minutes. Have a GREAT day everyone !!

Rick

(in reply to wadcorp)
Post #: 36921
RE: Active Users - 1/11/2018 10:10:43 AM   
nmw

quote:

Day 11 of no drinking (I know) and no carbs and working out everyday. I thought that my legs would get tired at some point and I'd need to take a day off at some point. Maybe I wasn't in such bad shape after all?

Rick - Why? No wine + no carbs = no fun.

I workout so that i can eat and drink without compulsion or at least much. Consider Orange Theory https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com Their high intensity interval training will whip you into shape and really burn some calories, was good for over 900 today.

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36922
RE: Active Users - 1/11/2018 1:33:06 PM   
WineGuyCO

quote:

ORIGINAL: nmw

quote:

Rick - Why? No wine + no carbs = no fun.

I workout so that i can eat and drink without compulsion or at least much. Consider Orange Theory https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com Their high intensity interval training will whip you into shape and really burn some calories, was good for over 900 today.

Larry,

The holidays always does me in. When I hit 225 lbs that was it I'm 6'1" but still?? WTF?? I need to be 210-212 maximum. I always do this New Year cleansing from January 1st until my birthday which is February 9th. My wife does it with me too and it's good for the body to take a break. I figure that now that I'm not working and working out everyday that the pounds will drop off. The no carb thing works great for me and it's just temporary. Trust me.

Rick

(in reply to nmw)
Post #: 36923
RE: Active Users - 1/11/2018 8:33:34 PM   
PinotPhile

Rick, continued best wishes on the no-carb plan. My Dear Husband leans toward paleo, with low carbs, and has for a few years. He feels better. It works for him; I think his blood sugar levels are more stable. The carbs we eat involve much less "white food" and more complex carbs. Seems to be healthier for both of us.

DonTime, how about more feedback on your tasting group?

Cheers w/whatever is your beverage of choice!

< Message edited by PinotPhile -- 1/11/2018 8:35:56 PM >

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36924
RE: Active Users - 1/12/2018 2:26:35 AM   
musedir

Good (early) Friday morning. 4:23am in Loachapoka but I need to be on the road in 1-1/2 hours so a bit of quiet time with some Guatemala and fresh pumpkin bread. Looks like a day of driving in the rain.

Hope y’all have a careful day in your own travels.

(in reply to PinotPhile)
Post #: 36925
RE: Active Users - 1/12/2018 3:38:05 AM   
Eddie

Wife and I both got up very early because we couldn't sleep. We were greeted with low water pressure. Eventually I was able to reach our municipal utilities department and we have a water main break, no estimate of time to fix. Aargh. Winter storm warning too.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 36926
RE: Active Users - 1/12/2018 9:06:22 AM   
WineGuyCO

Resurfacing the street in front of our house and the streets in our neighborhood today. Didn't get the car off the street by 7:00AM as this is my stock market watching, trading time so I'm stuck here for the day. Will do a long walk around the neighborhood or hit the local canyon, horse trail. Have a great day !!

Rick

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36927
RE: Active Users - 1/12/2018 10:43:51 AM   
mclancy10006

Finally got all of the new drive train bits sorted on my road bike after many months of waiting just in time to get lousy weather. :) (Of course it is still way better than what many of you are dealing with so I'll shut up now.)

-Mark

(in reply to WineGuyCO)
Post #: 36928
RE: Active Users - 1/12/2018 10:48:23 AM   
CranBurgundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eddie

Wife and I both got up very early because we couldn't sleep. We were greeted with low water pressure. Eventually I was able to reach our municipal utilities department and we have a water main break, no estimate of time to fix.

You sensed the disturbance in the Force and therefore couldn't rest.

Purple Drankin' Cretin.

Vote NO on Proposition S1ct1516 "BAN the CRAN!" this Election Day.

“Let it be recorded: henceforth, December 15 shall be known as 'The Day of Dennis'.” - Prof. Ken "KPB" Birman, 12/17/23

(in reply to Eddie)
Post #: 36929
RE: Active Users - 1/12/2018 1:02:51 PM   
dsGris

Grandaughter has a College Showcase tournamant 4 days this weekend and I'm feeling a little squigley and do not want to deal with rush day traffic to sit out in the cold. I've been to most of her local games over the last ten years, so a miss is tolerable. She skis with her ski team tomorrow, so I will hit the Sunday game in the afternoon, Monday 8am? I must be getting soft.

< Message edited by dsGris -- 1/12/2018 1:03:27 PM >

DennisG
Granpa Wino

(in reply to CranBurgundy)
Post #: 36930
Page:   <<   < prev  1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: Active Users Page: <<   < prev  1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI