1. Schwarzer Hund

Schwarzer Hund

2. firstgrowth

3. LJT

• We took Burghound's advice and put this wine away for 6 years after purchase. Impressed with our first bottle tonight. Dark red color, red berries (raspberry with a little strawberry aromas immediately upon opening which expanded over time. Medium weight on palate with deep flavored earthy red berry fruit, some minerality, trace of acidity, some sweet tannins finishing nicely with bright berries. We think it will continue to improve with age.

• This has benefited from some time, when I look at my prior notes. I don't usually hold new world pinots this long, but I'm glad I didn't write it off. Musty and tart initially, but opened up over the next 2 hours to show a bright red fruit profile that is nicely balanced with earth, minerals and spice. Silky texture, smooth finish, light to medium body.

• Surprisingly somewhat thn

• - Brick color with fast forming legs. It's balanced and has flavours of dusty with a medium/full body. Satin-Like texture with a medium finish - I have a glass of this in my hand. I have three bottles left and will wait at least a year before i open the next one. Better than i expected when i bought it.

• very disappointing given some recent comments. Did see scattered comments echoing my experience. First off it had an enticing nose that led me to think it would be really good but it was almost flavorless, minimal fruit and absolutely no complexity. Extremely thin from beginning to end of meal (2 - 3 hours with wine decanted). Can't imagine it being past prime, possibly really closed or a dumb period, but can't seeing it get better. One more bottle, will wait 3 - 5 years. I love pinots and this was stored in underground cellar with adequate temp and humidity. This was not enjoyable.

• By Josh Raynolds
    July/August 2010, IWC Issue #151, (See more on Vinous...)

(Bergstrom Winery Pinot Noir De Lancellotti Vineyard Chehalem Mountains) Subscribe to see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of Burghound and Vinous.