• picked up at £8 a bottle, which is great value. Stinks of Chile on the nose bags of spice and prominent mint. The palate had a fair degree of freshness to it, whilst remaining concentrated and rich. Really no room for complaints at this price.

• Bom corpo, precisa respirar. Está no limite para ser apreciado.

• Good purple colour, still youthful. Fine, serious nose with dusty Cab aromas, a hint of rubber, secondary tones, herbs. Full bodied, smooth, fleshy, with cassis fruit, chocolate, spice. Good length and balance. Very nice, true to type (reminds me of Los Vascos in its heyday), perfectly mature and balanced. Drink now.

• Youthful appearance. Dirt, rubber, earth, and spice box aromas give way to blue and purple fruit, prunes, spicy licorice, and peppermint flavors. The flavors envelop the palate with a thick coat of black fruit, the plum midpalate quickly evolving into prunes before segueing into an espresso finish and a cigar box persistence. This is full throttle, with nice acidity and a tannic presence. At $8 a bottle it was a nice surprise.

• I brought it on an extended family camping trip, knowing that my brother-in-law, serious wine drinker, loves S. American wines and Malbecs. I wasn't thrilled about this bottle, but he liked it and drank it. Something in the S. Americans that I've had recently has turned me off a bit--something a bit stinky in the nose. Maybe I've spent too much time getting aclimatized to current mid-range French wines, I don't know. I have one more bottle, I'll give it a try with him when we meet up again for a wedding in two weeks.