1. Thorpedo

2. Mike410

3. FPNova

• - It's somewhat balanced with a full body. Juicy texture with a medium finish.

• Really tough to know what to say. Lots of fruit, with blackberry and cherry flavors. Also has smoke, hoisin sauce flavors and minerals. Very long, the longest wine I've ever had. Continues for minutes after you are done, and every sip offers a new note--barbecued chicken? Something green...maybe celery? Impossibly complex. I can't say I gulped this down and wanted more...I studied, pondered it with my wife. We both said we didn't love it like I love some other syrahs, but found myself wanting more. I ordered a six pack after we finished. Mind boggling.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• If Wine Spectator says this is a 98 point in, how can I score it any different. By far one of the best wines we have ever had. Almost Rhone style, and although a big wine, certainly not what you would expect from an Aussie Syrah. On the nose it is filled with black pepper and spices. On the palate it is a big wine with flavors of plum, blueberry and black cherry along with a mild hint of nuts (almond) and soft tannins and a smooth prolonged finish with hints of black pepper again.
    Wish I had more of this vintage!!

• Deep, nose, lush dark berries, Asian spices. Blackberry flavor are reined in by smoky minerals but gain balance with air, with candied violet and lavender qualities emerging. For all its power, there's an uncanny weightless character contributed by minerality. Finishes with a wallop of sweet dark berries and persistent floral notes. I am glad I have 11 more for a special dinner or two in the future

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comment

• Full of fruit. Excellent example of Barossa. Has a long time to go...will try the rest of the case in +3 years.

Do you find this review helpful? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• By Josh Raynolds
    September/October 2008, IWC Issue #140, (See more on Vinous...)

(Clarendon Hills Syrah Astralis Clarendon) Subscribe to see review text.

NOTE: Some content is property of and Vinous.