1. DaddyNeedsPow

2. owr

owr

3. costacasa

costacasa

• New world, as others have made note, but shows some classy old-world sense especially in its dry mineral and iron finish. Smooth balance of dark and red fruits up front.

• A real lazy Sunday ... I wrote up a couple of wine tastings and the wife caught up on some of her paperwork - then we watched Black Rain (with Michael Douglas) - I was shocked to learn my wife had never seen it (where has she been?). Then we made an special early Sunday dinner of nachos ... I had already picked out my wine for tonight on Friday (it was my back up bottle in case a certain synthetic closed wine turned out to be faulty) ... a bottle of Acustic: a Spanish blend made from Garnacha and Samso (aka Carignan) from the Montsant region. The last bottle I had of this was back in 2010, and I enjoyed it then but I probably enjoyed it more tonight. Back in 2010 it was one bottle out of 6 poured on an evening with friends and some real hit and miss wines ... tonight it was all by its lonesome and paired with a delightful plate of corn chips, cheese, ground chicken, onions, peppers, salsa and sour cream. Rich and plummy with an elegant hint of spice on the nose; the palate delivered black cherry, hints of vanilla, blackberry and a dusting of pepper and clove. It finished with some mocha and licorice on the last sip, about an hour and a half later. 10 years ago it was all fruit, but now it had developed into something much more enjoyable.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• Just not a lot going on in this wine. I generally like this producer, but really did not find anything compelling in this wine.

• Very good. A touch young. Could have aged several years yet.

• Nice rich nose--spice, dark fruit, earthy. Beautiful deep dark color. A little tight initially, but opened up nicely over an hour or so. Much, much better wine after it opens. Complex, smoke spice and oak, with delicious red berry fruit. Did not detect significant heat. I really enjoyed this wine and as others have suggested, will wait another 6 months to try the next bottle....just to see how this evolves. No problems drinking more now though. Excellent QPR.

The Rhone Report

NOTE: Some content is property of The Rhone Report and Vinous.