1. DaddyNeedsPow

2. owr

owr

3. ccotton8

ccotton8

• Revisited this wine after 3 more years in cellar and it has improved nicely. More rounded and balanced. Hard to believe that I only payed $13 a bottle for this 4 years ago.

• New world, as others have made note, but shows some classy old-world sense especially in its dry mineral and iron finish. Smooth balance of dark and red fruits up front.

• A real lazy Sunday ... I wrote up a couple of wine tastings and the wife caught up on some of her paperwork - then we watched Black Rain (with Michael Douglas) - I was shocked to learn my wife had never seen it (where has she been?). Then we made an special early Sunday dinner of nachos ... I had already picked out my wine for tonight on Friday (it was my back up bottle in case a certain synthetic closed wine turned out to be faulty) ... a bottle of Acustic: a Spanish blend made from Garnacha and Samso (aka Carignan) from the Montsant region. The last bottle I had of this was back in 2010, and I enjoyed it then but I probably enjoyed it more tonight. Back in 2010 it was one bottle out of 6 poured on an evening with friends and some real hit and miss wines ... tonight it was all by its lonesome and paired with a delightful plate of corn chips, cheese, ground chicken, onions, peppers, salsa and sour cream. Rich and plummy with an elegant hint of spice on the nose; the palate delivered black cherry, hints of vanilla, blackberry and a dusting of pepper and clove. It finished with some mocha and licorice on the last sip, about an hour and a half later. 10 years ago it was all fruit, but now it had developed into something much more enjoyable.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes - No / Comments (1)

• Just not a lot going on in this wine. I generally like this producer, but really did not find anything compelling in this wine.

• Very good. A touch young. Could have aged several years yet.

The Rhone Report

NOTE: Some content is property of The Rhone Report and Vinous.