CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/17/2017 3:26:34 PM   
ern1

quote:

ORIGINAL: mye

Gurley goes bonkers. Wow.

Tell me about it. My opponent's team is an embarrassment of riches. Gurley Bell Cooks wentz the list goes on and on. It would have taken an absolute miracle for me to even have been competitive and there are no miracles today

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 541
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/18/2017 9:09:17 AM   
rwilk_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blue Shorts

You're playing against me and I think that you have a better than 50% chance of winning. My team has been riding two Philly players all year, Ertz and Jeffery. Now without Wentz, I have no idea who to start.

Not the prettiest match up. Comes down to my kicker tonight to pull off a come from behind victory. Gotta love playoff drama......

It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

(in reply to Blue Shorts)
Post #: 542
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/18/2017 9:53:42 AM   
mqvn

My fantasy team's MVP, Antonio Brown, went out early yesterday. I've got 2 Falcons playing tonight, and it seems like I should be able to advance in the playoffs, but I'm still worried.

(in reply to rwilk_2000)
Post #: 543
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/18/2017 11:36:30 AM   
Blue Shorts

quote:

ORIGINAL: rwilk_2000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blue Shorts

You're playing against me and I think that you have a better than 50% chance of winning. My team has been riding two Philly players all year, Ertz and Jeffery. Now without Wentz, I have no idea who to start.

Not the prettiest match up. Comes down to my kicker tonight to pull off a come from behind victory. Gotta love playoff drama......

If I were a betting man, I'd take your odds. Bryant needs 6.23 points for you to win, which he's done 11 out of 13 times this year. That's an 85% chance of winning.

Either way, it's been a lot of fun this year. Good luck! When you beat my team, I will be rooting for you to take first place.

It's always a bit of a comfort being beaten by a team that goes on to win.

(in reply to rwilk_2000)
Post #: 544
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/18/2017 2:28:06 PM   
mye

quote:

ORIGINAL: mqvn

My fantasy team's MVP, Antonio Brown, went out early yesterday. I've got 2 Falcons playing tonight, and it seems like I should be able to advance in the playoffs, but I'm still worried.

Rescued by
1. Big day on DEF
2. skifree starting Carols hyde over.. but the man has been a maestro on line up management so who woulda known?

Good luck with Seattle Slew next week! :)

(in reply to mqvn)
Post #: 545
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/18/2017 2:51:04 PM   
mqvn

quote:

Rescued by
1. Big day on DEF
2. skifree starting Carols hyde over.. but the man has been a maestro on line up management so who woulda known?

Well, if I advance to face Seattle Slew, I'm without AB. :(

I'll need Gurley and Bell and company to have a serious dip in their fantasy production. Not likely, looking at their past... they've had 1 single digit fantasy output week each this entire season.

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 546
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/18/2017 5:41:37 PM   
skifree

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: mqvn

Rescued by
1. Big day on DEF

AB going out hurt both our total scores, since I was playing Ben as QB to counteract the expected AB onslaught.

I missed playing Stefan Diggs over Carlos Hyde but the real miss was drafting Philadelphia's defense over Minnesota's. Missed on defense two weeks in a row! Good job Mike picking up Minnesota for free.

I expect I still feel better than Pete Carroll today though.

Edit: Great game by Donte Freeman, good luck Mqvn against Seattle Slew!

< Message edited by skifree -- 12/18/2017 8:47:55 PM >

So much wine, so little time

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 547
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 8:02:26 AM   
ern1

Once we are eliminated from the playoffs there's nothing left to play for correct?

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 548
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 8:03:20 AM   
ern1

Once we are eliminated from the playoffs there is nothing left to play for correct?

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 549
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 8:46:15 AM   
skifree

quote:

ORIGINAL: ern1

Once we are eliminated from the playoffs there is nothing left to play for correct?

You can still try and win total high points for the two week playoff period. In other words, correct.

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 550
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 9:51:12 AM   
hankj

quote:

You played a great season Midtown! Mine has been strange - L Bell falling to me in the first round of the draft, followed by Gurley slipping so far I had to take him even though he was on my mental don't draft list. Then a blind lunge at Kamara in free agency and I had the top three RB's? Weird and lucky.

This almost took me out of the playoffs, trying to manage which 2 of those 3 to play every week, but made it simple to focus on other areas on the waiver wire and erased a lot of line up management mistakes. Again, luck early on held up all season, unusual in FF.

Regarding your question above, when I first proposed the playoff two weeks high score bottle, my intention was that the teams playing in each leagues' championship game would be excluded (because all of those teams are already guaranteed a bottle of wine). That proposal was amended by the group to include all teams.

If I end up winning the two week high score though, I will stick to my original intent and voluntarily cede that bottle of wine to the team not in a championship game that scored the most in the playoffs. I haven't looked at the other league, but it appears to me that with 117 points already you've got a pretty good shot to win it outright, or win it if I win it. Good luck.

Mike I'll see you in hell buddy, can't say I'm sad that you lost AB. I've got ****ty match ups, and while dominant my RB's have been far.from matchup proof, so who knows, you might take me out w/o your super stud!

Great run Freelon - your line up management was just incredible this season, hat's off to you.

There are those who'd call us a bunch of sots but we don't see ourselves like that. We see ourselves as hobbyists. - Kevin Barry

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 551
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 9:58:27 AM   
hankj

Commishes, I recall that the way we sort the final four is that winners of their championship games in each league win 1st and 2nd overall, sorted by points scored in the championship game. Losers of the championship game 3rd and 4th, same criterion for ranking.

Is this correct? And ties are incredibly unlikely given the fractional scoring, but what breaks a tie if one occurs between teams from different leagues? Top 3 bench players maybe?

There are those who'd call us a bunch of sots but we don't see ourselves like that. We see ourselves as hobbyists. - Kevin Barry

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 552
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 10:02:08 AM   
hankj

Lastly, can a commissioner or otherwise post the URLs of both leagues here or to the first post of this thread? I can't seem to locate the Blanc league. Thank you!

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 553
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 12:59:48 PM   
ern1

quote:

ORIGINAL: hankj

quote:

You played a great season Midtown! Mine has been strange - L Bell falling to me in the first round of the draft, followed by Gurley slipping so far I had to take him even though he was on my mental don't draft list. Then a blind lunge at Kamara in free agency and I had the top three RB's? Weird and lucky.

This almost took me out of the playoffs, trying to manage which 2 of those 3 to play every week, but made it simple to focus on other areas on the waiver wire and erased a lot of line up management mistakes. Again, luck early on held up all season, unusual in FF.

Regarding your question above, when I first proposed the playoff two weeks high score bottle, my intention was that the teams playing in each leagues' championship game would be excluded (because all of those teams are already guaranteed a bottle of wine). That proposal was amended by the group to include all teams.

If I end up winning the two week high score though, I will stick to my original intent and voluntarily cede that bottle of wine to the team not in a championship game that scored the most in the playoffs. I haven't looked at the other league, but it appears to me that with 117 points already you've got a pretty good shot to win it outright, or win it if I win it. Good luck.

Mike I'll see you in hell buddy, can't say I'm sad that you lost AB. I've got ****ty match ups, and while dominant my RB's have been far.from matchup proof, so who knows, you might take me out w/o your super stud!

Great run Freelon - your line up management was just incredible this season, hat's off to you.

Hank your team was a bear and to think you lost Wentz too. I feel like I got this far with a lot of smoke and mirrors. Julio Jones..😠..I should ve taken your trade offer weeks ago when you proposed it. What a GM gaff that was πŸ˜‚ After all that If Gurley could have had just a normal game Monday night would ve been interesting.
Good Luck and may the force be with you
Chris

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 554
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 2:03:10 PM   
hankj

Chris I totally forgot that I shopped Gurley around, got roundly rejected, and then felt stuck with him. You guys all totally saved my a@@ by not taking him :) As I said weird season! Good luck this week

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 555
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/19/2017 5:36:49 PM   
skifree

quote:

Chris I totally forgot that I shopped Gurley around, got roundly rejected, and then felt stuck with him. You guys all totally saved my a@@ by not taking him :) As I said weird season! Good luck this week

I have not forgotten that I was ready to pick LeVeon Bell with my 2nd pick and then Burgslayer chose OBJ with the 1st pick, so I went with consensus and chose David Johnson. Sigh. Still, thinking my mental health is way better than Pete Carroll's and John Schneider's right now.

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 556
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/21/2017 3:31:40 AM   
mc2 wines

The Finals are set!

Fiat Lux vs. Seattle Slew
Cerrano Voodo Gods vs. Seriously2

Goo luck to all!

Week 15 total points:

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to skifree)
Post #: 557
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/21/2017 11:22:25 AM   
mye

how crazy is that...

the top PF Scorer in 14 weeks gets last place in week 1 of the playoffs.
beaten by the 2nd lowest score.. by 0.78 pts. Cerrano Voodoo Gods is the luckiest player out there!

Any given Sunday!

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 558
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/21/2017 3:34:55 PM   
Blue Shorts

quote:

how crazy is that...

the top PF Scorer in 14 weeks gets last place in week 1 of the playoffs.
beaten by the 2nd lowest score.. by 0.78 pts. Cerrano Voodoo Gods is the luckiest player out there!

Any given Sunday!

Tell me about it

Good luck, everyone!

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 559
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/24/2017 4:09:57 PM   
mye

Who did Hank offer Gurley to for trade. And who didn’t accept?? ;)

Ridiculous day again! I can’t tell how blanc is doing tho?

(in reply to Blue Shorts)
Post #: 560
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/24/2017 4:58:34 PM   
ern1

quote:

Who did Hank offer Gurley to for trade. And who didn’t accept?? ;)

Ridiculous day again! I can’t tell how blanc is doing tho?

Hand raised here 😣 if only i had unloaded worthess Julio Jones

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 561
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/24/2017 9:17:51 PM   
Blue Shorts

Seriously2 is taking the Blanc League.

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 562
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/25/2017 11:39:11 AM   
rwilk_2000

Not a good week for my entire team to stink. Congrats to all on another fun CT FF season.

It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

(in reply to ern1)
Post #: 563
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/26/2017 11:13:10 AM   
mye

Happy Holidays everyone! I'll wait for the real commish to tally up the totals, but i THINK the results are in as follows:

Congrats to all the winners! Now the fun part of bottle drafts!

P.S. Next year we will FOR SURE find a time that Hankj is not available and make him auto draft.. ;)

1st – Seattle Slew (Hankj)
2nd – Seriously 2
3rd – Fiat Lux (mqvn)
4th – Cerrano Voodo Gods
1. 1st - Sea Slew
2. 1st - Sea Slew
3. 1st – Sea Slew
4. 2nd – Seriously2
5. 2nd – Seriously2
6. 3rd – Fiat Lux
7. 3rd – Fiat Lux
8. 4th – Cerrano Gods
9. 1st – Sea Slew
10. 1st – Sea Slew
11. 2nd – Seriously2
12. 2nd – Seriously2
13. 3rd – Fiat Lux
14. 4th – Cerrano Gods
15. highest point total (regular season) - Mountain Madness
16. highest point total (playoffs) – Seriously 2

(in reply to rwilk_2000)
Post #: 564
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/26/2017 11:14:26 AM   
mye

My wine offering: your pick of the following 3:

- 2013 Delille Cellars Cabenernet Sauvignon Four Flags
- 2006 Damilano Barolo Brunate
- 2012 Kosta Browne Pinot Sonoma Coast

I know i have these b/c i just checked yesterday!

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 565
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/26/2017 11:47:15 AM   
mc2 wines

Sorry, we're away for the week and won't be able to verify until Sunday. Congrats to all the winners!!

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to mye)
Post #: 566
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/26/2017 12:59:51 PM   
hankj

It was a great season playing with you folks! And not just because I won ,πŸ˜€

I'll take my first 3 picks. Picks 9 and 10 I'm ceding to our commissioners mc2 and MYE, in that order. This is a token of appreciation on behalf of all of us for the work they put in to make the season happen. Thank you!

My first pick is Skifree's 2013 En Cerise, my favorite Cayuse vineyard.

The next two are SnooptoNutz and Blueshorts beautiful Pinots -.you can see that by allowing them to combine shipping I'm again displaying some true humanitarianism ;)

And that's it for me -thanks so much to all for the great season.

< Message edited by hankj -- 12/26/2017 1:50:10 PM >

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 567
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/26/2017 8:48:08 PM   
snoop2nutz

quote:

It was a great season playing with you folks! And not just because I won ,πŸ˜€

I'll take my first 3 picks. Picks 9 and 10 I'm ceding to our commissioners mc2 and MYE, in that order. This is a token of appreciation on behalf of all of us for the work they put in to make the season happen. Thank you!

My first pick is Skifree's 2013 En Cerise, my favorite Cayuse vineyard.

The next two are SnooptoNutz and Blueshorts beautiful Pinots -.you can see that by allowing them to combine shipping I'm again displaying some true humanitarianism ;)

And that's it for me -thanks so much to all for the great season.

You sir, are quite the gracious winner! Thank you for being such an amazing competitor. You set the bar so high, don't think any of us will ever reach it...but it sure is fun trying!

Sure...humanitarianism...yeah, that's the reason. ;) We KNOW you love our Pinots and if we have to ship them out, then we are happy to ship them to you.

< Message edited by snoop2nutz -- 12/27/2017 12:48:35 PM >

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 568
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/26/2017 8:55:07 PM   
skifree

Impressive that you left the 2009 Leroy on the table. Thanks for making me not have to ship!

(in reply to hankj)
Post #: 569
RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 - 12/26/2017 9:24:31 PM   
hankj

quote:

We KNOW you love our Pinots

That is for sure, you two have fantastic taste. I'll PM my address; ship whenever you see fit. Thanks very much! Henry

(in reply to snoop2nutz)
Post #: 570
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Fantasy Football 2017 Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI