CellarTracker Main Site
Register for Forum | Login | My Profile | Member List | Search

RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 3/14/2018 5:49:09 PM   
Endodr

Those Alaska Airlines flights from Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle and back, are calling my name. I just have to get work coverage and then I can go!

(in reply to BenNoir)
Post #: 91
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/1/2018 9:23:43 AM   
fasteddie35

So 5 weeks away, do we have any schedule of Events yet ? Can we bring a bottle or two to share at a dinner ??? Enquiring minds want to know. Cheers, Ed

(in reply to Endodr)
Post #: 92
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/3/2018 7:19:46 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

By the power vested in me by the HollowFather, I am authorized to provide the following sneak peak and update:

THE MAIN EVENTS

Saturday May 5

11:00 AM SJR Vineyard Tour, Dry Creek Road, Milton Freewater, OR. Deep dive into the Rocks District of Milton Freewater AVA, hosted by Steve Robertson; owner of SJR Vineyard and Delmas. We will meet at SJR Vineyard at 11 AM for a tour and tasting of the 2016 Delmas. For directions, Google SJR Vineyard, Dry Creek Road, Milton Freewater, Oregon. Vineyard is at the corner of County Road and Lower Dry Creek Road; not far from Cayuse. We will convene in the middle vineyard road, just off of Lower Dry Creek Road (below Seven Hills Vineyard).

7:30 PM CellarTracker 2016 Washington “Drycab” Wines release party, Rasa Winery, 4122 Powerline Road, Walla Walla, WA. The event will include a 3 course sit down, family style dinner. The menu and per person costs are still being finalized. Please bring a Great bottle of wine to share. One 750 ml per couple or individual requested. Menu and costs for the dinner coming soon.

Please RSVP by Private Message to me, ChrisinSunnyside, with names and number of folks attending each event. I’ll provide final counts and communicate privately with folks for any special requests, phone contact info, etc…

This is Gonna Be Fun People! Thanks!

< Message edited by ChrisinSunnyside -- 4/3/2018 7:27:13 PM >

http://www.cellartracker.com/new/user.asp?iUserOverride=102173

(in reply to fasteddie35)
Post #: 93
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/4/2018 4:22:28 AM   
musedir

So much fun...

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to ChrisinCowiche)
Post #: 94
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/4/2018 5:58:40 AM   
mc2 wines

Exciting to see the events!

Stupid question - how strong is the uber population in WW? We'll likely be car less for the weekend and trying to sort out how tough that will be getting to/from some visits.

Friends don't let friends wine alone

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 95
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/4/2018 8:43:00 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: mc2 wines

Exciting to see the events!

Stupid question - how strong is the uber population in WW? We'll likely be car less for the weekend and trying to sort out how tough that will be getting to/from some visits.

There are no stupid questions. Hopefully someone will have more direct knowledge, but I know Uber is new to Yakima within the past year, and generally when I've looked only has a single, as in ONE, driver active. Taxis are still pretty prevelant here. I know there were some driver services too in W2. But since we've always had our own vehicle I'm not personally familiar.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 96
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/5/2018 9:16:18 AM   
fasteddie35

Chris - Thank you for that update ! Can't wait !!! Ed

Post #: 97
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/6/2018 8:34:54 AM   
ChrisinCowiche

Menu and Cost info and update for Saturday May 5 Dinner. Catering by Olive, Walla Walla.

first course
beet salad, candied walnuts, arugula, gorgonzola dolce
second course
lamb tartare, truffle, chive, quail egg, potato gaufrettes
third course
prime strip steak, bleu d'Auvergne, potato pave
fourth course
delice d'Bourgogne, apricot, toasted baguette

Cost per person $75. Preference would be for everyone to send checks (Rasa Vineyards, 4122 Powerline Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362), please note payment on check for this event if not obvious. Otherwise, Pinto can take cc payments (call 509 252 0900 or email Larry - larry@rasavineyards.com) or PayPal (send payment to pinto@rasavineyards.com).

A final headcount for caterer is needed by April 20, so please touch base with me if you haven't already done so to confirm attendance.

< Message edited by ChrisinSunnyside -- 4/13/2018 7:42:14 AM >

(in reply to fasteddie35)
Post #: 98
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/6/2018 10:24:14 AM   
fingers

Now I'm hungry

Post #: 99
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/6/2018 4:08:57 PM   
cartey

You guys know how to party!

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 100
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/7/2018 5:39:13 AM   
BenNoir

quote:

ORIGINAL: musedir

So much fun...

So much fun, very good fun, terrific fun, I know it's going to be fun, you know it's going to be fun, everyone knows it's going to be fun.
There will be so much fun you'll get tired of funning.

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 101
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/7/2018 12:52:38 PM   
bnaravane

Hello Everyone,
For those of you that are having the CT wines shipped, we will be contacting you soon to determine best shipping options. The wine was bottled about 3 weeks ago. I think you will be very happy with the quality of the wines.
We are very much looking forward to the CT Dinner/party at Rasa on May 5. It will be a great event, see you soon. Thanks,
-Billo

(in reply to BenNoir)
Post #: 102
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/16/2018 11:01:47 PM   
Hollowine

OK you lazy bums...

Just had to post here, it's a sleepy thread for sure! I'm excited as **** about this weekend! Been trading PMs and emails with many of you, can't wait to see old friends and meet people I've "known" for a while but never popped corks with.

There are lots of knowledgable W2 people going, so if you haven't planned your activities, give a shout out and ask for some advice. There should be no shortage of people to hang out with, carpool with, etc.

WAY excited! counting the days...

(in reply to Endodr)
Post #: 103
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/17/2018 7:05:53 AM   
fingers

Did you guys catch the list of wines for dinner that P&B put out yesterday?

We will be pouring the following new wines:
2016 Dream Deferred Chardonnay
2016 primus inter pares Grenache
2014 Doctrina Perpetua Syrah
2016 QED Axiom of Choice Cabernet Franc
2016 QED The Strong Law Cab/Merlot
2015 For the Love of the Game Cabernet Sauvignon

We will also be pouring the following library wines:
2008 QED
2009 Creative Impulse
2012 Vox Populi Mourvedre

I think that will do! Plus all the bottles that we guests bring, I think it’s safe to say it’s a full on mattress sale

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 104
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/17/2018 7:33:03 AM   
Hollowine

quote:

ORIGINAL: fingers

Did you guys catch the list of wines for dinner that P&B put out yesterday?

We will be pouring the following new wines:
2016 Dream Deferred Chardonnay
2016 primus inter pares Grenache
2014 Doctrina Perpetua Syrah
2016 QED Axiom of Choice Cabernet Franc
2016 QED The Strong Law Cab/Merlot
2015 For the Love of the Game Cabernet Sauvignon

We will also be pouring the following library wines:
2008 QED
2009 Creative Impulse
2012 Vox Populi Mourvedre

I think that will do! Plus all the bottles that we guests bring, I think it’s safe to say it’s a full on mattress sale

Minor correction Bob...that is the RASA release party at 5:30-7:30, immediately preceding our CT gala. So if you show for that, then you will REALLY be feeling it come our event!

For our Event, I have in hand a 3L of a lovely CdP that one generous CT'er has shipped to me so he didn't have to lug it through the airport, and I personally am eyeballing a couple mags (Benefit of living close and driving). I know a couple other wines people have said they are bringing and there should be some serious juice shared among us CT brothers/sisters.

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 105
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/17/2018 12:28:42 PM   
recotte

It's killing me that I'm missing this.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. - Oscar Wilde

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 106
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/17/2018 12:32:22 PM   
fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollowine

Minor correction Bob...that is the RASA release party at 5:30-7:30, immediately preceding our CT gala. So if you show for that, then you will REALLY be feeling it come our event!

So be it

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 107
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/17/2018 12:35:38 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

quote:

ORIGINAL: recotte

It's killing me that I'm missing this.

[open box]That reminds me... during the PM exchange counting final numbers one of the attendees told me there is a great liquor store in Milton Freewater that has great selection and prices on GIN. [/close salt box]

Yes, recotte you will be missed.

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 108
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/17/2018 12:45:58 PM   
recotte

salt ===> wound

Post #: 109
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/17/2018 3:05:36 PM   
Hollowine

Edited Original Post but pasting here as well...

Scheduled Events

Friday May 4th

Rasa Winery, 3pm - 5pm, Vertical Tasting of 2008-2015 Creative Impulse DuBrul Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Just announced! Pinto and I spoke today, he said in appreciation for CT community support of Rasa over the years, and in honor of Drycab, let's pop some corks and do a vertical tasting of every vintage of Creative Impulse released!

Saturday May 5th

SJR Vineyard in The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater, 11 am, Vineyard tour with Steve Robertson
Deep dive into the evolution of The Rocks District with Steve Robertson, owner of SJR Vineyard and Delmas Winery. Wear comfortable clothes/shoes and prepare to be wowed at the power of Mother Nature and Syrah!

Saturday May 5th

Rasa Winery, 7:30pm - 10:00 pm, 2016 CT Washington Wines Release Party and Drycab Tribute Party
Check the post on Page 4 of this thread for menu and details, and make sure you pay in advance for the catering and RSVP with ChrisInSunnyside via PM or email. Also, plan on bringing some wine(s) to share...I know what some people are bringing and this is going to be a hell of a Bacchanalia Party...Can you say 3L of Xxxxx!!!

(in reply to Endodr)
Post #: 110
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/19/2018 4:22:59 PM   
arthrovine

Not happy that I will be missing this.... Scott, raise a glass for me.

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 111
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/22/2018 6:04:04 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

Menu and Cost info and update for Saturday May 5 Dinner. Catering by Olive, Walla Walla.

first course
beet salad, candied walnuts, arugula, gorgonzola dolce
second course
lamb tartare, truffle, chive, quail egg, potato gaufrettes
third course
prime strip steak, bleu d'Auvergne, potato pave
fourth course
delice d'Bourgogne, apricot, toasted baguette

Cost per person $75. Preference would be for everyone to send checks (Rasa Vineyards, 4122 Powerline Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362), please note payment on check for this event if not obvious. Otherwise, Pinto can take cc payments (call 509 252 0900 or email Larry - larry@rasavineyards.com) or PayPal (send payment to pinto@rasavineyards.com).

A final headcount for caterer is needed by April 20, so please touch base with me if you haven't already done so to confirm attendance.

Check is in the mail to Rasa Vineyards (made out to Rasa Vineyards) for 2x mc2wines (or MK & CH). Bumping this as I almost missed it and so wonder if some others might have as well.

Post #: 112
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/23/2018 10:54:16 AM   
fingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollowine

Rasa Winery, 7:30pm - 10:00 pm, 2016 CT Washington Wines Release Party and Drycab Tribute Party
Check the post on Page 4 of this thread for menu and details, and make sure you pay in advance for the catering and RSVP with ChrisInSunnyside via PM or email. Also, plan on bringing some wine(s) to share...I know what some people are bringing and this is going to be a hell of a Bacchanalia Party...Can you say 3L of Xxxxx!!!

Any guidance/suggestions on what to bring and would it be smart to start declaring our contributions so we get a decent mix, or is it complete pot luck?

I think the reds are a given, but what about bubblies, blancs, botrytisesses'? My plan is leaning towards at least one sparkler, a red or two, and something sweet. The menu doesn't strike me as necessarily screaming for a white wine but I'll probably have one in the bag anyway.

(in reply to Hollowine)
Post #: 113
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/24/2018 1:04:24 AM   
Rich64N

Yep, thought what can I do that isn't WA Cab-Syrah (I'll stick with WA) so went the white dessert route (375ml)

2014 Facelli LH Riesling Columbia Valley (Woodinville) 11.3% (good winery, recently closed (retirement))
2012 Vin du Lac of Chelan LH (50% Riesling - 50% Gewuertz) 9.8% (I like, flowers and fruit, and way sweet)
2007 Three Rivers LH Gewürztraminer Biscuit Ridge 12% (no more Gewuertz in that vineyard, now WW, shame) - Just found this in the cellar

If you are traveling by air, I can "cover" at least two in the wine tariff (multiples of the above) - seriously, I don't think we'll not have enough to drink (but if you are bringing DRC, forget what I said).

(in reply to fingers)
Post #: 114
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/25/2018 12:58:47 PM   
mc2 wines

We just purchased a wine suitcase to make sure we are suitably prepared for this.

Planning to bring a certain large format.

In addition should have some bonus bottles of local Washington wines since we just did that theme in our wine tasting group.

Looking forward! t-1 week till we head that direction....

(in reply to Rich64N)
Post #: 115
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/25/2018 1:00:32 PM   
ChrisinCowiche

Hi all, thanks for all the info and responses to my nagging PM's! I think event logistics are pretty well set, just a reminder to send $$ to Rasa for the dinner if you have not already done so. The numbers for each event are known, most people will see each other often over the few days, but if folks have any last minute schedule change, adding or subtracting, no problem.

I had my wines all picked out to bring for Saturday, then wondered if maybe they might get sampled more on Friday, and Pinto graciously agreed. So, expect to taste Goat Rocks (wines grown and made with that name, not actual goats, goat parts, or rocks) on Friday afternoon.

For the main event on Saturday, I think I'll stick with Washington theme, and since everyone seems to be avoiding Cab/Syrah, I'll stick with those. I have more than a few to choose from in each category so will try to find something interesting. My cellar is linked below if anyone has special requests in the WA Cab/Syrah arena since we have some producers folks may not know, I'm happy to bring whatever.

(in reply to Endodr)
Post #: 116
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/25/2018 2:33:24 PM   
mc2 wines

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChrisinSunnyside

Hi all, thanks for all the info and responses to my nagging PM's! I think event logistics are pretty well set, just a reminder to send $$ to Rasa for the dinner if you have not already done so. The numbers for each event are known, most people will see each other often over the few days, but if folks have any last minute schedule change, adding or subtracting, no problem.

I had my wines all picked out to bring for Saturday, then wondered if maybe they might get sampled more on Friday, and Pinto graciously agreed. So, expect to taste Goat Rocks (wines grown and made with that name, not actual goats, goat parts, or rocks) on Friday afternoon.

For the main event on Saturday, I think I'll stick with Washington theme, and since everyone seems to be avoiding Cab/Syrah, I'll stick with those. I have more than a few to choose from in each category so will try to find something interesting. My cellar is linked below if anyone has special requests in the WA Cab/Syrah arena since we have some producers folks may not know, I'm happy to bring whatever.

As one of the top experts on Washington wine in this forum, I'm inclined to want to try whatever you want to bring.

Post #: 117
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/26/2018 3:54:55 AM   
musedir

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.... as previously noted, this is killing me! I so wish I could be there.

"Fan the sinnking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine." Charles Dickens.

(in reply to mc2 wines)
Post #: 118
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/26/2018 12:50:32 PM   
recotte

quote:

ORIGINAL: musedir

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.... as previously noted, this is killing me! I so wish I could be there.

What he said!

(in reply to musedir)
Post #: 119
RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date - 4/27/2018 2:22:20 PM   
Sourdough

Closing in on one week to CTWW and tasting at Rasa! Yea!

(in reply to recotte)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Cellar Talk] >> General Discussion >> RE: CT Washington Release Party - Save the Date Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI